What have the loanees brought to the team | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What have the loanees brought to the team

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I am sorry if i come across as a broken record but im furious, raging, severely irriated, p********d off at these players

How does their presence in the starting 11 benefit the team, do they give us an advantage against the opposition, do they make us more saavy, streetwise , harder to beat, do they have the x factor (due to there parents club schooling & pedigree) the answer is no

Today was the perfect storm, playing against a team of seasoned, streetwise, pros- these kids had no answer, no idea, what are they taught at there respective academies- certainly not backbone, desire, commitment, grinding out, passion, winning ugly.

There is nothing- yes they may be technically gifted but i am sick to the back teeth that we are a creche service- they have not improved us - i feel they have weakened us as a team- playing in U23s is not the same as league 1 against bigger, badder, seasoned pros that will have them for breakfast, dinner & tea

Pedigree counts for nothing if you have nothing upstairs- the football brain, the savvy streetwise, dark arts, manipulation, being mentality on it for the duration of the game

Persisting with this group means every game we are effectively playing an under strength team- we will always be chasing the game

RL harps on & on about gifting goals- maybe he should look at the reasons why- mentality weak, not switched on for the duration, away with the fairies, pointing fingers, no communication, the list goes on & on

When these players leave, they will go back to the cocoon of there respective clubs & we will be left with a bitter pill to swallow - that they were bought in with the pomp & ceremony of they have come from blah,blah,blah & that they are better than the young players we have coming through our academy- what must our youngsters be feeling when they see how these loanees perform

I for one will be glad to see the back of them, my one hope is that we do not go down the route of abject loanees next season

Rant over :banghead:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Who brought the loan players in?

If I needed a hire car for a week and made my choice, whose to blame if after a few trips I realised it’s not quite what I needed?

Not the car, surely?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The five loans last season - Josh Grant, George Cooper, Ryan Hardie, Tyreeq Bakinson and Alex Palmer - made a huge difference to the team.

This season some of the loan players started ok but haven't improved themselves or the team as the season has progressed.
Lewis looks like a wasted signing in a position that Ryan Law could have filled.

Next season the team should be built around our own players on permanent contracts and not built on loans/sand.

Oct 31, 2015
Nothing at all this season.

All of them have failed to impress in my eyes and are part of the problem now. :banghead:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Loaned or permanent couldn’t care not my concern, but it’s about the right individuals.

I think Lowe could fall into O’Leary syndrome at that Leeds United, the comfort blanket of “they’re young they’re learning”, accountability always on the never-never.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Then let them learn their trade somewhere else....loanees are not the way forward and not the way to building a successful team ....you need to play your own....every time ...

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
If you are going to play youngsters, play your own youngsters, play Randell, Law, Tomlinson and Lolos, they cant be any worse and they have loyalty to their club.

Jul 12, 2016
As I see it the problem with loanees is that at the end of the day they are just passing through and have no allegiance to the club. Why go that extra yard when they know they have a club to return to and might get injured? They have not witnessed the passion of the Green Army so won't know what they're missing.

Apr 1, 2009
It's bizarre to blame the individual loan players. Taking the Op's argument, the management could conclude that this lot of loan players are rubbish, but we'll get better ones next season. But it's the club that made the choice to rely on callow players from bigger clubs, and by rely I mean a whole group of them close to one another in the pitch. In virtually every game this season two of our back three have been loanees, usually with a third at DM and sometimes with a fourth at LWB - all within a smallish area of the pitch. If you've got one loanee in that area, surrounded by greater experience, the loanee might thrive. Bung them all in together, is it surprising that they sink?

The other thing I fail to understand is that I continue to read that the team has got more solid this season! How does that work when we're never far from an individual mistake, and always prone to quickly conceding 2 or 3 once the first one goes in? We're about to have a clear out, at the very least dispatching most of the defence to where it came from, and necessitating a comprehensive rebuild, yet apparently this is consolidation!

Aug 15, 2015
mutley marvel":3a63ruee said:
I am sorry if i come across as a broken record but im furious, raging, severely irriated, p********d off at these players

How does their presence in the starting 11 benefit the team, do they give us an advantage against the opposition, do they make us more saavy, streetwise , harder to beat, do they have the x factor (due to there parents club schooling & pedigree) the answer is no

Today was the perfect storm, playing against a team of seasoned, streetwise, pros- these kids had no answer, no idea, what are they taught at there respective academies- certainly not backbone, desire, commitment, grinding out, passion, winning ugly.

There is nothing- yes they may be technically gifted but i am sick to the back teeth that we are a creche service- they have not improved us - i feel they have weakened us as a team- playing in U23s is not the same as league 1 against bigger, badder, seasoned pros that will have them for breakfast, dinner & tea

Pedigree counts for nothing if you have nothing upstairs- the football brain, the savvy streetwise, dark arts, manipulation, being mentality on it for the duration of the game

Persisting with this group means every game we are effectively playing an under strength team- we will always be chasing the game

RL harps on & on about gifting goals- maybe he should look at the reasons why- mentality weak, not switched on for the duration, away with the fairies, pointing fingers, no communication, the list goes on & on

When these players leave, they will go back to the cocoon of there respective clubs & we will be left with a bitter pill to swallow - that they were bought in with the pomp & ceremony of they have come from blah,blah,blah & that they are better than the young players we have coming through our academy- what must our youngsters be feeling when they see how these loanees perform

I for one will be glad to see the back of them, my one hope is that we do not go down the route of abject loanees next season

Rant over :banghead:

Agreed. The loanees have been underwhelming and we have one too many. The batch we have this season really are not mature and prepared to deliver at this level over 46 league games. We are literally handing them a work experience, an apprenticeship in football, and these are not youngsters who will be going back and playing Prem/Championship football next season. I was making this very point just a few days ago in the 'which loanee do we want back' thread. Reading that thread, you'd be led to believe that clubs will be chasing their signatures next season and we will do well to get them. Strange.

The loanees have been poor. Inconsistent, ill-disciplined and not able to demonstrate reliability week-in, week-out. You need players who can deliver a 7/10 every week. They can't. Palmer & Grant last season could. Vyner could. There are others. This lot don't seem to be able to.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Very little.

I really hope that next season we put less emphasis on signing weak PL loanee's and more on signing streetwise winners.

We need to balance our style with a nasty, ruthless streak.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Realistically loaners are part of the modern game at every level unless you are a rich club. This season with reduced income its not at all surprising that there's been a reliance on them to make up the first team squad.

I think both loaners and permanent signings have been inconsistent this season in their performances but loanees perhaps more so, for example Opoku and Watts.

For next season I'd expect the balance to shift more towards permanent signings with loan players used as options to provide competition and injury cover.

If you're the manager a loan signing of a young player with ability from a big club is always going to be part of your squad-mix along with a selection of home-grown young players. Sufficient maturity and experience in the 11 on the pitch is key to achieving consistent performances within individual matches and over sequences.

Jul 12, 2016
Cobi Budge":2o6z5p6x said:
Very little.

I really hope that next season we put less emphasis on signing weak PL loanee's and more on signing streetwise winners.

The penny has finally dropped.

Cobi Budge":1d1agxyt said:
Very little.

There’s very little I would want to change about the modern game; just about everything is better than 20/30 years ago. There is one exception. The fact that players are now properly rewarded over a short career span means that you get fewer players experienced at the highest level finishing their careers at clubs like Argyle. We can all produce lists of outstanding senior players over the years who’ve given us that ruthless streak which is clearly missing.

I agree, perhaps a solution may be to acquire more senior loanees, particularly those acquiring their coaching badges with a view to staying in the game.