Just unacceptable, the Chairman must be concerned. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Just unacceptable, the Chairman must be concerned.

Aug 24, 2009
Lowe as assembled a group of players who at best are average, one of the many problems is the difference between some individuals is enormous causing attacks to break down as they are not on the same wavelength. The same goes for our strikers, I have no idea what they do all week as they are often running in the same direction in the 6 yard box or getting in each others way. Grant was missed to-day. We are just not good enough, that goes for most of the players, manager and his staff. One of the skills of a good manager is to pick them up when they perform badly, Lowe seems to pass the buck back to the players suggesting they take a hard look at themselves, it just strikes me that he needs to the same, for me he as all week to prepare his team, we are consistantly being served up a total unacceptable performance. Hull easily deserved the three points however we are just not competing, every time the opposition attack they look like scoring whereas we could not buy a goal.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Sadly football is largely driven by money. Argyles squad is valued at about a fifth of Hull's on one internet site. Whether Ryan Lowe gets the most out of the players available is another question but I think some of the judgements about todays result are a little extreme in the circumstances. He has kept Argyle in league one this season with the fans at times looking up to the play-offs and at other times nervously at the drop zone. His challenge is to show he can bring in four or five good quality, affordable players and fashion a side that can compete in the top half of the table and around the play-offs next season.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
6k on one player wage isn’t right

P

Paranoid Android

Dorset Pilgrim":1ydaf0k1 said:
Sadly football is largely driven by money. Argyles squad is valued at about a fifth of Hull's on one internet site. Whether Ryan Lowe gets the most out of the players available is another question but I think some of the judgements about todays result are a little extreme in the circumstances.

I agree, and I think threads like this are the typical over reaction. We all want success and we want it now, but it does no harm to sit back and reflect on the bigger picture. How quickly we forget Simon's 5 year plan to make us a sustainable championship club. We're still in year one really because this pandemic year has not allowed the club to generate the anticipated revenues from non match days, which is the only way they are going to increase the playing budget without new investors. The second element essential to the 5 year plan and beyond is the development of the academy. Both things will take time to deliver, and add an extra year to that plan.

It's a seperate issue whether Ryan and his staff are effective at what they do, and there are definitely areas for improvement that we hope will come with experience, that we can all see, around tactical changes in games and potentially in recruitment strategy. I think Simon has already outlined his approach to risk management, and I'm sure he will not be considering any big changes to that. Next season he's still in the position of not having any revenues from the grandstand for the initial player budget, will he take a risk based on projected revenues? I doubt it, but he might consider it from what he may have learned this season.

Aug 27, 2019
I am the eternal optimist.....but please, calm down!!

Lets look back 12 months. We got promoted. Although I got excited about another promotion & the play offs etc, that would have realistically been an over achievement. We have out performed Swindon & Northampton, who may yet go down again. Crewe got stuffed at home today. All season results have been erratic for every team at least in part from time to time.
We are I think, safe from relegation & that has to have been the main aim for RL at start of term & hopefully, SH will accept that result.

Now is the time to relax, analyse where we went wrong & prepare for next season.
DM is out of contract but wants to stay - he is a must & we should continue to build a team around him once his future commitment is sealed.
I believe that post COVID a significant number of experienced players will be available to us in the summer - it is for RL to identify & get them on board. We cannot gloss over our deficiencies, must consolidate & be seen to progress from game 1 next season.

Am confident that we have the right management team in place & with SH continued support & a few inspired signings, next term we could well fly high!

Keep calm today & build (together) for a brighter future tomorrow.....now where are those odds for Champions/Auto promo 21/22??

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
I agree a lot of over reaction. First half was much improved from last week.
Early second half error leads to a 2nd goal and game over, against a side who will be playing Championship football next season.
Very happy for the Lowe and Hallett combo to continue the rebuild- many,many other clubs will be envious of what we have-long may it continue.
(NB 1st season in a new division.)

Sep 25, 2010
charlieboy":1ch3f5zo said:
Lowe as assembled a group of players who at best are average, one of the many problems is the difference between some individuals is enormous causing attacks to break down as they are not on the same wavelength. The same goes for our strikers, I have no idea what they do all week as they are often running in the same direction in the 6 yard box or getting in each others way. Grant was missed to-day. We are just not good enough, that goes for most of the players, manager and his staff. One of the skills of a good manager is to pick them up when they perform badly, Lowe seems to pass the buck back to the players suggesting they take a hard look at themselves, it just strikes me that he needs to the same, for me he as all week to prepare his team, we are consistantly being served up a total unacceptable performance. Hull easily deserved the three points however we are just not competing, every time the opposition attack they look like scoring whereas we could not buy a goal.

Give it a rest, it looks like we will survive in L1, no problem.

Quite happy, get thru this season, which would always would be difficult, with no crowds and Covid

Mar 8, 2016
How is this forum still going. It’s a joke. I’ll get my 9 year old son to log in tomorrow and add more value than these absolute * Removed by Site Admin (again). Seriously, is life a daily struggle for some of you? Let me know if so, I will try and help.

* This is a child friendly site - Site Admin.

Apr 4, 2007
Grantham, Lincs
I know I could check GOS but with some unsure we are making the appropriate amount of progress what is our best start after a promotion? Where is the yardstick (shown my age there!) that suggests we should be a solid and steady team that should be challenging.

Lowe is on a learning curve, the players are on a learning curve... I agree more Argyle owned players would be a better team to knarl some results but this season was always going to be a tough one. Whether you think we were lucky the season ended when it did ( which I don't , we were on the up) or not, the stop start and lack of revenue was always going to test us. Shrewsbury last week was an embarrassing capitulation, this week we made mistakes and were punished by a team which will rightly be promoted.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
If you’d read or listened to anything the Chairman has ever said, no he won’t be worried. He’s quite clear that the long term trumps the short term and he’s not one for reacting to moments like this. Let’s not project our own feelings onto his stewardship. Fortunately, he is much more steady and considered than the average fan who is driven by an abundance of emotion after a game against a side assembled at much greater cost than ours. Thank god.

Feb 9, 2021
Tugboat":jcxq82rg said:
6k on one player wage isn’t right
I agree listen Danny is a very talented player but he gives no end product
imagine if you are Joe Edward's ,Pan or C Grant
we as fans love exciting players and Danny is certainly one of those but for the 2and season running we make excuses for him saying he "assists the assister '
Danny is great but he is holding the team back ..he gets the ball and the team waits and waits and waits until Danny releases the ball by them impetus is lost and yet Ryan builds his team around him
a modern day no 8 movesxthecball quickly within 2 or 3 touches
name me any players in league 1 / Champ who do the same

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
No need to press any panic buttons just yet surely, and the owner seems an extremely sensible chap.

But yes, very easy to forget the 5 year plan because it has negligible credibility does it.

Does anyone involved have experience of a start-up in the hospitality industry? It turning a profit in five years seems relatively optimistic, to have it making millions of profit by year 5 is somewhat mind boggling.

A lot of owners would love the concept of the privilege of owning a club without having to dip in their pockets anymore, but few lower league clubs ever seem to manage that and it would seem highly unlikely Argyle will, pleasant as the day dream sounds.

League One is perfectly fine by me for one though.