Mayor keen to stay at Argyle | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mayor keen to stay at Argyle

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i have never believed for one second danny wants to stay here.he looks to me he is playing to not get injured.imagine on here the furore if danny said "i'm going to keep my options open".he won't be here next season people.

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Steve Evans":2r3q6ef4 said:
i have never believed for one second danny wants to stay here.he looks to me he is playing to not get injured.imagine on here the furore if danny said "i'm going to keep my options open".he won't be here next season people.

I suspect, with his frankly terrible goals/assists record, he knows that the chances of him finding someone who'll match his Argyle wages aren't particularly high.

Don't get me wrong, I do rate the guy, but considering his ability his lack of tangible produce is deeply frustrating.

Apr 1, 2009
Steve Evans":k935ho6s said:

If you're playing not to get injured, surely you pass before you get tackled? The exact opposite of what DM does!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’d keep him but he has to be equal to everyone else.

Yes he does possess a lot more quality on the ball than other in the team but he also goes missing for large parts.

Fwiw I think he struggles because he doesn’t have others on his wavelength in terms of movement and ability.

I’d resign him without doubt but on a much lower wage. These new contracts have to be more performance based.

We can’t have the possibility of players drawing maximum wages after a performances of late. Something for the bird to really think about.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I don't see anything in the Herald article that makes me think Mayor is particularly keen to stay beyond next season other than if he gets the best overall offer from us he would be happy to stay. He will weigh up the money, the location of the clubs and his relationship with Lowe to decide. Undoubtedly our most talented player he continues to frustrate so much, he certainly wouldn't be playing most of his career in the lower leagues if his end product was better.

Aug 5, 2016
Tugboat":1j1bd2wu said:

Yes he does possess a lot more quality on the ball than other in the team but he also goes missing for large parts.

Fwiw I think he struggles because he doesn’t have others on his wavelength in terms of movement and ability.

I’d resign him without doubt but on a much lower wage. These new contracts have to be more performance based.

We can’t have the possibility of players drawing maximum wages after a performances of late. Something for the bird to really think about.

I wouldn’t have thought Danny Mayor has shared his contract specifics with many people, so please entertain the possibility that the £6,000 a week figure you are putting about is completely wrong.

Troy Deeney was on Louis Theroux’s podcast and Louis uncovered that he was on £60,000 a week according to various internet sources. Deeney corrected him that his weekly wage isn’t that, never has been that and the truth is he is on much lower wages.

Would you like the thought of people you don’t know being down your local pub and stating facts among your family and neighbours about how much you earn - even though no-one has ever asked you? Even though none of it is actually any of their business?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":3eupczt0 said:
Tugboat":3eupczt0 said:

I wouldn’t have thought Danny Mayor has shared his contract specifics with many people, so please entertain the possibility that the £6,000 a week figure you are putting about is completely wrong.

Troy Deeney was on Louis Theroux’s podcast and Louis uncovered that he was on £60,000 a week according to various internet sources. Deeney corrected him that his weekly wage isn’t that, never has been that and the truth is he is on much lower wages.

Would you like the thought of people you don’t know being down your local pub and stating facts among your family and neighbours about how much you earn - even though no-one has ever asked you? Even though none of it is actually any of their business?

He’s a professional football... it’s not difficult information to obtain.

Hasten to add thats without bonus’s and add on’s.

I work in the dockyard and my basic annual salary is easily available to anyone who wishes to look it up.

Stop being such a wallop thinking it’s all secret and should be be discussed.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
What Danny earns is irrelevant & none of our business

What is important is what he brings to the team- i personally think he has missed Fadz this season- he has Conor & Adam in tandom but the connection he had with Callum was over a long period of time & cannot be replicated with Conor & soon to be sent back to Liverpool Adam

He has one chance yesterday to shoot when we were one down but he well & truly fluffed is lines & the chance went & within a couple of minutes we were 2 down

He is a very frustrating player but its it because the quality of player around him is not on is wavelength or is he programmed to just walk the ball into the net because he thinks the other players are not capable of putting the ball in the back of the net

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
mutley marvel":c5t8dzbq said:

What is important is what he brings to the team- i personally think he has missed Fadz this season- he has Conor & Adam in tandom but the connection he had with Callum was over a long period of time & cannot be replicated with Conor & soon to be sent back to Liverpool Adam

He has one chance yesterday to shoot when we were one down but he well & truly fluffed is lines & the chance went & within a couple of minutes we were 2 down

He is a very frustrating player but its it because the quality of player around him is not on is wavelength or is he programmed to just walk the ball into the net because he thinks the other players are not capable of putting the ball in the back of the net
It is our business when it could effect the teams quality and signings in other areas

The same back when we signed Mpenza for X amount a week that we struggled with.

I know if a guy in my office was on at least x2 what I am on doing a similar job then I’d have a problem with it.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
We have no idea was RLs budget for next season will be-

We all have a wishlist of who we would like but we are not the ones spending the money

Does RL have a certain amount for each position or his it one big pot of money that he can choose to spend on whatever he feels he needs

I would love to me a fly on the wall regarding his contract negotiations - his he ruthless or his he a mate- his is public persona different to his private one

The other point is we dont know truthfully know how much each player is paid- i read some people say it is this & some people say it is that when infact we know nothing

When the contracts are being discussed & offered hopefully there will be consistency in terms & conditions for all as some people have stated that some players may feel hard done by as they are not all paid the same

Oct 5, 2013
mutley marvel":29i45mun said:

He just needs to shoot more bloody often! That’s what would be in the best interests of the team. Stuff happens from shots.
RL said as if in exasperation about his chance yesterday that “if he shoots, it’s a goal”.
Why doesn’t RL instruct him to shoot more often, for goodness sake?
Why’s that not in the game-plan?

Jul 12, 2016
mutley marvel":2w2zuawh said:
We have no idea was RLs budget for next season will be-

We all have a wishlist of who we would like but we are not the ones spending the money

Does RL have a certain amount for each position or his it one big pot of money that he can choose to spend on whatever he feels he needs

I would love to me a fly on the wall regarding his contract negotiations - his he ruthless or his he a mate- his is public persona different to his private one

The other point is we dont know truthfully know how much each player is paid- i read some people say it is this & some people say it is that when infact we know nothing

When the contracts are being discussed & offered hopefully there will be consistency in terms & conditions for all as some people have stated that some players may feel hard done by as they are not all paid the same
You just said it is none of out business knowing what Danny earns and then say you"would like to be a fly on the wall "regarding contract negotiations?

D

Deleted member 9145

philevs":2yvc76zg said:
mutley marvel":2yvc76zg said:

He just needs to shoot more bloody often! That’s what would be in the best interests of the team. Stuff happens from shots.
RL said as if in exasperation about his chance yesterday that “if he shoots, it’s a goal”.
Why doesn’t RL instruct him to shoot more often, for goodness sake?
Why’s that not in the game-plan?

Exactly, there's youtube montages of Danny at Bury and he's firing them in from all over the place.

There was that great run yesterday when he beat 2 players, did a 1-2 beat another and then..... what was he waiting for?

D

Deleted member 9145

Have a look at 2014/15 Bury's goal of the season, there's even 2 there from an R Lowe !