League 1 games today | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

League 1 games today

Aug 4, 2011
Watching the goals from the games on sky sports it’s incredible how many goals that went in we just wouldn’t score - or attempt to score.

Balls into the box, crosses, corners all leading to goals. Having watched virtually every argyle game this season it’s amazing how my brain has been programmed to expect the ball to be layed back, then infield towards the centre circle, then back to the centre back, then over to the other side of the pitch.

May 28, 2019
football-bet-data":b2mctj85 said:
Watching the goals from the games on sky sports it’s incredible how many goals that went in we just wouldn’t score - or attempt to score.

Balls into the box, crosses, corners all leading to goals. Having watched virtually every argyle game this season it’s amazing how my brain has been programmed to expect the ball to be layed back, then infield towards the centre circle, then back to the centre back, then over to the other side of the pitch.
totally agree the style our board want is very very boring football, looks pretty tippy tappy and stats look good, which they only seem to be interested in, when football for fans is winning games and a team creating excitement ,fans wont flood to home park because stats look good, talking of stats when did we last score from a corner or a free kick? more so a corner

May 8, 2011
greybeard-kernow":nbkjj38j said:
football-bet-data":nbkjj38j said:

totally agree the style our board want is very very boring football, looks pretty tippy tappy and stats look good, which they only seem to be interested in, when football for fans is winning games and a team creating excitement ,fans wont flood to home park because stats look good, talking of stats when did we last score from a corner or a free kick? more so a corner

Very true as a winning team regardless of style they play will increase their crowds whereas if the team was to lose most games 5-4 crowds would go down. I don’t think Arsenal supporters of the ‘1-0 to the Arsenal team’ complained too much.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Tony_Flags":2avg9skd said:
elburtontrev":2avg9skd said:
Shouldn't be in this mess :mad:

We aren’t in a mess, we are all but mathematically safe, even if we lose every match, which is really possible. Come two matches time we’ll be mathematically safe.

Look at Northampton’s fixtures, grab a beer and go on holiday like the players currently in green shirts already have. They’ll not be here next year.

Just checked, you're right, Argyle might as well play with their flip flops on. Unbelievable run-in. :shock:

Jul 12, 2016
greybeard-kernow":1nlr1zva said:
football-bet-data":1nlr1zva said:

Theory v practice!

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
davie nine":1ffpleq4 said:
Sidewinder":1ffpleq4 said:
cheshiregreen":1ffpleq4 said:
Guiri Green":1ffpleq4 said:
If the table I've just looked at is correct, we're only 3 points from safety now.

No idea what you're looking at, this is table AFTER tonight's results. :crazy:

https://www.pafc.co.uk/matches/league-table/

I read that to mean we need one more win to be safe.

I’m feeling reassured but just feel like I’ve seen it all before. Others rally and Argyle lose their hearts and heads. But, as you’re all pointing out, it’s highly unlikely.
Also, some of the bottom 6 have to play one another. They either share 1 point each or one drops 3.

Good point, davie, but however unlikely the 'r' word might be I would feel much better about things if some of the current bottom four still had to play one another. I've just checked and Northampton, Rovers, Swindon and the Dale have all played each other twice this season.

I am still trying to live down the constant reminders from my daughter that I spent the final month of the 2018/19 season confidently assuring her that we would never go down 'because we only need a win and a draw from the last half dozen games...' :doh:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Mark58":2eoc71rb said:
davie nine":2eoc71rb said:
Sidewinder":2eoc71rb said:
cheshiregreen":2eoc71rb said:
Guiri Green":2eoc71rb said:
If the table I've just looked at is correct, we're only 3 points from safety now.

No idea what you're looking at, this is table AFTER tonight's results. :crazy:

https://www.pafc.co.uk/matches/league-table/

I read that to mean we need one more win to be safe.

I’m feeling reassured but just feel like I’ve seen it all before. Others rally and Argyle lose their hearts and heads. But, as you’re all pointing out, it’s highly unlikely.
Also, some of the bottom 6 have to play one another. They either share 1 point each or one drops 3.

Good point, davie, but however unlikely the 'r' word might be I would feel much better about things if some of the current bottom four still had to play one another. I've just checked and Northampton, Rovers, Swindon and the Dale have all played each other twice this season.

I am still trying to live down the constant reminders from my daughter that I spent the final month of the 2018/19 season confidently assuring her that we would never go down 'because we only need a win and a draw from the last half dozen games...' :doh:
Wimbledon v Swindon.
Wimbledon v Rochdale.
Wigan v Swindon.
... may help to reassure your daughter, as well as many other games where the bottom 6 are playing teams still very much involved in achieving automatic promotion or playoffs.
Still, I suppose we will all be happy when at least 4 teams would find it impossible to reach our points.