Elimination Table and Docs colourful chart

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Pottypilgrim":161ns3sy said:
Assuming its not a rhetorical question...I think its because of the manager. I think that a lot of the players don't take Lowe seriously. His actions don't match his words, he's created a divide between the players and staff, he makes stipulations for players and yet doesn't abide by them himself, it seems like he's too familiar with the players and familiarity tends to breed contempt and it wouldn't surprise me if he treats some players more favourably and is thereby forming a little clique.

The recent Danny Mayor interview was a bit odd as far as I'm concerned. We don't hear from Mayor at all this season and yet when we are at our lowest and the manager is calling out the players for the bad performances up pops Danny with his comments about Lowe being the best manager he's played for and praising Lowes man management :think:

Something is not right at Home Park and I think there is going to be a mass exodus at the end of this season with a whole new batch of players coming in which doesn't bode well for a successful 21/22.

I hesitate to post this here as this particular thread isn't really intended as a place where there is much debate about such things but there is so much supposition in this post. You can think anything you like but it is there actually any evidence to support your thinking?

How do you know players don't take Lowe seriously?
How do you know he has created a divide between players and staff?
Does he really treat some players favourably?
Is a little clique forming?
What is not right at Home Park?

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
IJN":wlg6dyn8 said:
It'll certainly affect the sales of season tickets.

It's a shame, we started off so well, we were all dead chuffed at our performances and then this strange team turned up a few months ago.

Like others, I'm very pleased as to where we are but I for one was so excited by what I was witnessing at the start of the season, but now I see players I raved about then not being bothered now. Why?

I do think there is a tendency for us to overanalyse and overthink what we see on the pitch. Personally, I think what some see as 'not bothered' I see as 'lack of confidence' and 'mental exhaustion'. I'd add that this is a young side, in a truncated season, in an unprecedented atmosphere that seems to have gone on for ever. I don't see evidence that there's something rotten in the state of Argyle - just that everyone is emotionally weary, low on confidence and longing for the season to end so that they can refresh, recuperate, revive and be ready for next season. Hell, that's how *I* feel right now, never mind the players. And yes, I'm sure RL feels much the same.

We're safe. There's plenty of positives to draw from this bizarre season and plenty lessons to learn. Let's give the players, RL, SH - and ourselves - a break, enjoy the last few games and look forward to 21/22.

Oct 5, 2013
East End Green":2c3ef27s said:
IJN":2c3ef27s said:

It's a shame, we started off so well, we were all dead chuffed at our performances and then this strange team turned up a few months ago.

Like others, I'm very pleased as to where we are but I for one was so excited by what I was witnessing at the start of the season, but now I see players I raved about then not being bothered now. Why?

I do think there is a tendency for us to overanalyse and overthink what we see on the pitch. Personally, I think what some see as 'not bothered' I see as 'lack of confidence' and 'mental exhaustion'. I'd add that this is a young side, in a truncated season, in an unprecedented atmosphere that seems to have gone on for ever. I don't see evidence that there's something rotten in the state of Argyle - just that everyone is emotionally weary, low on confidence and longing for the season to end so that they can refresh, recuperate, revive and be ready for next season. Hell, that's how *I* feel right now, never mind the players. And yes, I'm sure RL feels much the same.

We're safe. There's plenty of positives to draw from this bizarre season and plenty lessons to learn. Let's give the players, RL, SH - and ourselves - a break, enjoy the last few games and look forward to 21/22.

Thanks for such an excellent, insightful and reassuring post.

Sep 2, 2008
The Doctor":g0blusrp said:
Pottypilgrim":g0blusrp said:
Assuming its not a rhetorical question...I think its because of the manager. I think that a lot of the players don't take Lowe seriously. His actions don't match his words, he's created a divide between the players and staff, he makes stipulations for players and yet doesn't abide by them himself, it seems like he's too familiar with the players and familiarity tends to breed contempt and it wouldn't surprise me if he treats some players more favourably and is thereby forming a little clique.

The recent Danny Mayor interview was a bit odd as far as I'm concerned. We don't hear from Mayor at all this season and yet when we are at our lowest and the manager is calling out the players for the bad performances up pops Danny with his comments about Lowe being the best manager he's played for and praising Lowes man management :think:

Something is not right at Home Park and I think there is going to be a mass exodus at the end of this season with a whole new batch of players coming in which doesn't bode well for a successful 21/22.

I hesitate to post this here as this particular thread isn't really intended as a place where there is much debate about such things but there is so much supposition in this post. You can think anything you like but it is there actually any evidence to support your thinking?

How do you know players don't take Lowe seriously?
How do you know he has created a divide between players and staff?
Does he really treat some players favourably?
Is a little clique forming?
What is not right at Home Park?

My thinking is based on what I see on the pitch and what I hear Lowe say pre and post match. Things like; I don't tell them to pass backwards; We give them a gameplan but they don't stick to it; Some players need to have a look at themselves; If they think that I'm going to let this season peter out then they need to think again; If I need to play kids then I will etc, etc. Lets not also forget that he bigs up only a few certain players and despite not delivering on numerous occasions still persists in playing them.

I think its called 'reading between the lines' which I accept isn't evidence but let me ask you this; Do you have any evidence that what I think is wrong?

I'm more inclined to believe what my eyes and ears tell me than rather than get deflected by the Lowe love-in and sales talk. I guess only time will tell.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Updated April 16

Code:
Pos    Team              P         GD        Pts    Max   Highest  lowest

1    Hull City          41         39        79      94     1        9                  SAFE
2    Peterborough       41         34        79      96     1       11                  SAFE
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3    Sunderland         40         28        71      89     1       18                  SAFE
4    Lincoln            39         19        66      87     1       17                  SAFE
5    Blackpool          39         17        65      86     1       17                  SAFE
6    Portsmouth         40         15        65      83     1       17                  SAFE

7    Oxford             41         14        62      77     2       17                  SAFE
8    Charlton           39          6        62      83     1       17                  SAFE
9    Ipswich            40          0        60      78     2       19                  SAFE
10   Gillingham         41          2        59      74     3       20                  SAFE
11   Accrington         40         -5        58      76     2       20                  SAFE
12   Doncaster          39          0        57      78     2       20                  SAFE
13   Fleetwood          40         10        56      74     3       20                  SAFE
14   M.K. Dons          41         -3        55      70     4       21
15   Crewe              40         -7        55      73     3       21
16   Argyle             41        -16        52      67     4       24
17   Burton             40        -10        51      69     4       24
18   Shrewsbury         39         -2        50      71     3       24
19   Wimbledon          40        -18        42      60     9       24
20   Wigan              41        -23        41      56    13       24

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
21   Northampton        42        -26        40      52    15       24
22   Bristol R..        41        -24        38      53    16       24
23   Swindon            41        -28        37      52    16       24
24   Rochdale           40        -22        36      54    16       24

fawlty

♣️ PASALB Member
Feb 1, 2012
philevs":1tc0g3ic said:
East End Green":1tc0g3ic said:
IJN":1tc0g3ic said:

Thanks for such an excellent, insightful and reassuring post.

I also like and agree with the content of the EEG post.

I also think that the current team have not benefited from the vocal support of the 12th man - the Green Army, at home and away, so looking forward to a greener future.

COYGs

Fawlty

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Updated April 17

Code:
Pos    Team              P         GD        Pts    Max   Highest  lowest

1    Hull City          42         40        82      94     1        6                  SAFE
2    Peterborough       41         34        79      96     1        7                  SAFE
3    Sunderland         41         27        71      86     1       14                  SAFE
4    Lincoln            40         20        69      87     1       13                  SAFE
5    Blackpool          40         18        68      86     1       14                  SAFE
6    Oxford             42         15        65      77     3       17                  SAFE

7    Portsmouth         41         14        65      80     2       16                  SAFE
8    Charlton           40          6        63      81     2       17                  SAFE
9    Ipswich            41          0        61      76     3       19                  SAFE
10   Doncaster          40          2        60      78     3       20                  SAFE
11   Gillingham         42          1        59      71     3       20                  SAFE
12   M.K. Dons          42         -2        58      70     4       20                  SAFE
13   Accrington         41         -7        58      73     3       20                  SAFE
14   Fleetwood          41          9        56      71     3       20                  SAFE
15   Crewe              41         -9        55      70     4       20                  SAFE
16   Argyle             42        -16        53      65     6       21
17   Burton             41        -10        52      67     6       21
18   Shrewsbury         40         -4        50      68     5       22
19   Wimbledon          41        -15        45      60    10       24
20   Wigan              42        -21        44      56    14       24

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
21   Northampton        42        -26        40      52    17       24
22   Rochdale           41        -20        39      54    16       24
23   Bristol R..        42        -25        38      50    18       24
24   Swindon            42        -31        37      49    17       24

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
fixed, also 2 late games added

Mar 11, 2018
RochdaleGreen":2kcnqmyw said:
We still, with 4 games to go, need a win to survive. Disgraceful!

That's misleading. A win would obviously be preferable, but survival depends on many other results. As others have pointed out, we could lose all the remaining games and still survive. The only circumstance in which we would need a win to survive would be if Rochdale won all their remaining games and overtook Argyle on goal difference. That is unlikely to say the least. I'd rather be in our position than two of the clubs promoted with us.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I'm taking nothing for granted until we are mathematically safe. So hopefully we can beat Charlton or Rochdale fail to beat Blackpool on Tuesday.

May 26, 2015
Antipodean":14ljko3d said:
RochdaleGreen":14ljko3d said:
We still, with 4 games to go, need a win to survive. Disgraceful!

That's misleading. A win would obviously be preferable, but survival depends on many other results. As others have pointed out, we could lose all the remaining games and still survive. The only circumstance in which we would need a win to survive would be if Rochdale won all their remaining games and overtook Argyle on goal difference. That is unlikely to say the least. I'd rather be in our position than two of the clubs promoted with us.

Antipodean . Forget the goal difference point. Four Argyle defeats and 5 Dale win will wipe that out.