Jephcott's price tag | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jephcott's price tag

Jan 27, 2012
I think most Argyle fans are getting behind Jephcott.

However, thats a completely different matter from his current value on the transfer market. Personally, I don’t think any club would be willing to pay £3 million for him at the moment- or indeed anywhere near that figure. But I still like him as a player and hope he can fulfil his full potential.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
buck197":1lrawksz said:
I’ve mentioned it before Rhian Brewster went to SUFC for £23 million.

His senior record is

Swansea City 20 apps and 10 goals in the championship
Sheffield United 22 apps and no goals in the Premier.

LJ has scored 16 goals this season in a division below Brewster. Surely he is worthy of a punt from a championship club.

Brewster was on £10k per week at Liverpool though. The compensation element of the transfer fee was a big factor in the calculation.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Hargyle":36eaq69f said:
I saw that too ... mental.

I think those articles were churned out by bloggers rather than anyone in the know ... one guy even likened Luke to Harry Kane :funny:

That was Shaun Mccarthy!

Oct 5, 2013
My view is that the manager is playing him wrongly in making him do too much work. No-one has the energy to be chasing down defenders like he is made to, and back in our penalty area marking a big attacker for corners and free-kicks, and then be expected to be up in the opposing penalty area to lead the attacking play and get on the end of crosses! You have to leave your leading goalscorer in a forward position to take best advantage of his skills. The manager acknowledges he gets knackered but at the same time makes him run more than any other player. So for me the manager needs to change tack with what he asks Jephcott to do.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
£200k to £5 million and back again all in 6 months :lol:

Dec 30, 2020
Pottypilgrim":2hc4cle7 said:
Jephcott needs to work hard on his weight management and strength which will then naturally increase his speed if he really wants to be a force to be reckoned with in football. The guy is undoubtedly a clever footballer, I just hope he's clever enough to realise that if he wants to be successful then he needs to address his physique. He's been given an opportunity that many hope for but never attain, just hope he doesn't throw it away.

I think this is spot on.

He's never going to have really explosive pace so needs to work on his strength and stamina, so he can hold the ball up and pressure defenders into making mistakes.

In addition to his finishing ability, he's also got quite a good eye for a pass or layoff, but at the moment he can't compete physically with (it must be said, generally older and more experienced) opposition centre backs so doesn't really offer anything unless he's afforded plenty of space.

If this recent spell is a reminder that he's still got a hell of a lot of work to do, it might actually prove to be a long-term positive, both for Jephcott and Argyle

Apr 1, 2009
philevs":85n423to said:
My view is that the manager is playing him wrongly in making him do too much work. No-one has the energy to be chasing down defenders like he is made to, and back in our penalty area marking a big attacker for corners and free-kicks, and then be expected to be up in the opposing penalty area to lead the attacking play and get on the end of crosses! You have to leave your leading goalscorer in a forward position to take best advantage of his skills. The manager acknowledges he gets knackered but at the same time makes him run more than any other player. So for me the manager needs to change tack with what he asks Jephcott to do.

Does he actually run more than any other player?