Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 15 April | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 15 April

Jun 27, 2019
If I was the academy director at Argyle I wouldn't want to be advertising how well my young players were doing, or even be too specific about their names, ages etc.

It's entirely possible the lack of coverage is deliberate.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
WoodsyGreen":2zcvepnl said:
If I was the academy director at Argyle I wouldn't want to be advertising how well my young players were doing, or even be too specific about their names, ages etc.

That would be a strange way of promoting the Big Green Lottery where fans are asked to invest in the academy.
I think the lack of information is due to a lack of media staff, even news of the first team on the club website is sparse.

May 8, 2011
PL2 3DQ":3781kbkc said:
WoodsyGreen":3781kbkc said:

That would be a strange way of promoting the Big Green Lottery where fans are asked to invest in the academy.
I think the lack of information is due to a lack of media staff, even news of the first team on the club website is sparse.

Locally based scouts for other teams regularly attend youth games, obviously they can access the fixture lists and other information without relying on the Argyle website.
I have been to games where the player the scout has come to watch has mysteriously picked up an injury so hasn’t played.
When Jephcott was in the U18s scouts from the Welsh FA attended quite a few games and information about the Academy was just as sparse back then.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
If we're serious about making our academy something to provide players into the 1st team and be sold on to keep providing money to invest further into the academy and the 1st team we need to sort out how we publicise the progress of our younger players otherwise no-one will know about it.. especially as due to our location scouts can't always get to come to Plymouth.