Burton Albion
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

The Countdown to Burton Albion - Saturday 17 April, kick-off 12.30pm

Wednesday

Referee
Antony Coggins is the man in the middle for the game, so far this season he has issued 74 yellow cards and five reds in 25 games. He was in charge of Argyle's first game of the season for the 3-2 win against Queens Park Rangers at Home Park in September. He will be assisted on Saturday by Ken Hughes and Darren Wilding while Joe Simpson is on fourth official duties.

Burton Albion Analysis
Strengths
Finishing scoring chances.
Counter attacks.
Aerial duels.
Weaknesses
Defending set pieces.
Avoiding fouling in dangerous areas.
Defending against attacks down the wings.
Defending against long shots.
Defending against skillful players.
Protecting the lead.
Keeping possession of the ball.
Style of Play
Play with width.
Control the game in the opposition's half.
Attacking down the right.
Long balls.
Attempt crosses often.
Aggressive.
Play the offside trap.

They Played For Both
Callum McFadzean, Niall Ennis, Alex MacDonald, Remi Matthews, Lionel Ainsworth, Jason Banton, Rommy Boco, Andres Gurrieri, Ashley Hemmings, Phil Starbuck, Anthony O'Connor, Ryan Taylor. Any more?

Current League Form
13/04/21: W Doncaster 0 - 3 Burton.
10/04/21: W Portsmouth 1 - 2 Burton.
05/04/21: W Burton 2 - 1 Swindon.
02/04/21: D Accrington 0 - 0 Burton.
23/03/21: L Burton 1 - 2 Shrewsbury.
20/03/21: L Burton 1 - 2 MK Dons.

Thursday

According to Sky Bet Burton are the favourites to win the game at 21/20, an Argyle win has odds of 23/10 and the draw is on offer at 5/2.

Purchase your iFollow match pass .... here.

Argyle have played away at the Pirelli Stadium five times and are yet to win, losing three games and drawing two.

Brewers manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink revealed a change in tactics at half-time secured three second half goals and subsequent 3-0 win against Doncaster Rovers on Tuesday ... Derby Telegraph.

Ryan Lowe's pre-match press conference .... Club You Tube.

Argyle striker Niall Ennis looks ahead to the game ... club You Tube.

Friday

Match preview ... Prost International.

Burton manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink talks about the Brewers current good form ... Burton club website.

Match preview ... club website.

Match digital programme is available for download at ÂŁ1.99 ... Burton club website.

May 22, 2006
Last night Burton achieved a club record of nine successive away games without defeat. They are unbeaten away from home in 2021.

Hopefully now they have broken through the 50pts barrier, players will ease off a bit believing they are safe, like some other teams appear to do.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
No Red Cards and No Yellow Cards...Argyle are on their holidays with all flip flops packed and ready to go....not expecting a win

L

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
A rather inform Burton against a lack lustre error prone Argyle- it will just be the law of Argo that they pull it out of the bag & get the win & the 3 points we have been craving for the last couple of games

It will be interesting to hear what RL comes out with tomorrow at his prematch interview after his comments on Saturday & if a player is interviewed will they be open & honest about how they want the season to finish

Do they feel the frustration of the green army & are they determined to finish the season on a high- i certainly hope they are endeavouring to give their all for the last 5 games & not as some have mentioned that they are already on their jollies & just going through the motions

I am hoping professional pride will be the motivation for these players as i dont like to think that they wont give 110% for 90 plus minutes

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I know none of us have had too much to cheer about recently but you certainly have become very pessimistic since your first post less than 2 months ago.
Only 5 more games to suffer.

Oct 20, 2015
Glass half empty here. 2-0 loss.

Has anyone genuinely seen anything recently that suggests we're going to put in a sterling performance full of passion and pride?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Hasselbaink has certainly turned things around for Burton since taking over in January and I don't expect too much from this game if I'm honest but Iwould happily like to be proved wrong.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Forest of Dean Green":3n6d7i8w said:
Burton on a roll and in the goals and sadly, I think that will continue on Saturday

Agreed. As far as I am concerned, Burton and Gillingham away are on a par as far as Argyle's playing fortunes are concerned.
Bringing home a barrel of draught Bass from the brewery would be nice, however! :shock:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Well i have my 1st COVID vaccination today- i have a serious needle phobia & i am dreading it (Argyle face mask will be in service)

Hopefully the boys will be on point & get the jabs in early (1st half) to secure the points

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
mutley marvel":1jbkr9yj said:
Well i have my 1st COVID vaccination today- i have a serious needle phobia & i am dreading it (Argyle face mask will be in service)

Hopefully the boys will be on point & get the jabs in early (1st half) to secure the points

You won’t even notice the jab. It’s in and out before you know it. Just don’t look. You’ll be fine.

Oct 20, 2015
The Doctor":37wyqppm said:
mutley marvel":37wyqppm said:

You won’t even notice the jab. It’s in and out before you know it. Just don’t look. You’ll be fine.

Yep had mine yesterday. "Sharp scratch". It was pretty much painless, no side effects either. Good luck.