Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Why oh why does RL persist with the error, switched off club- was it a stipulation in their loan agreements that they have to play every single game to the detriment of the rest of team

Listening to Guy Branston tear numerous strips of Opoku reaffirmed what the majority of us have been thinking for weeks yet RL does not rectify the issues

Hopefully we will see Sam Woods for the remaining games - from what i have seen of him apart from his rush of blood to the head at Northampton he seems to have a no nonense calm approach which we probably need for the remainder of the season

Sep 25, 2010
Larry David":2jkzt80d said:
I’ve seen enough of Opoku he’s lazy and lacks pace he got caught out by the Burton player for their goal that coupled with last week’s shocker tells me he isn’t anything special.

Fornah and Watts are not good enough at League One level. Please play Tomlinson Law and Lolos for the rest of the season I’ve seen enough of the loanees.

Woods though is worth another look next season if available

I thinkFornah, has been a stand out player this season, lost count of the number of attacks he has broken up, a player that gone under the radar, he we keep him next season.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
The better Aimson plays then Opoku is starting to look rather average, and Watts remains worse than that.

Fornah could be worth taking a chance on development into next year, with another loan. But have an experienced option as competition, who can be fit for most of a season.

And what do we learn from seeing Moore again, is Lowe really in two minds whether to keep him around? Of the Bury brethren, I’d only now keep Aimson.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
For the last couple of weeks there's been a lot of bed-wetting about possible relegation and at the same time people shouting for us to play the kids. Which do you want? Because if your issue has been our lack of experience all season, then chucking the kids in when we're still not mathematically safe doesn't add up i'm afraid.

In my opinion, at no point this season have we ever been in danger of relegation, despite the hysteria on here. Sometimes we're great, sometimes we're awful, sometimes we're average. Probably each as much as the next over the course of the season and that by definition is a mid-table inconsistent team.

As far as I am concerned, the next 4 games mean very little and frankly the results don't really matter (although the players/staff shouldn't be thinking that way). The measure of how purposeful this last quarter of the season has been will be how we start next season. I want to see tangible improvement in the recruitment and more importantly the solidity of the team within the first 10 games next year. Lowe has talked about learning a lot this year, and that's fine, this was never going to be an easy season, particularly in the circumstances, but we need evidence that we are actually learning and that evidence has been lacking throughout this season, so it needs to be rectified this summer and produced next season.

I'm still confident Lowe is taking is in the right direction and that a bit of patience is required, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated at the groundhog day nature of some of the performances this year. I find it hard to point the finger at the manager for individual errors, because he can't kick the ball for them, but too many goals have been conceded by the fundamental inability to defend crosses and leaving too much space in behind the wing backs. That has to be worked on, and it may be as easy as it being a communication issue, or someone taking leadership like Sonny Bradley did, or it may be a case of tactical changes. Our tactical flexibility next year will also be a sign of what Lowe has learnt from this year.

We certainly have some good players at this level within our squad; Cooper, Aimson, Edwards, Mayor, Camara, Grant, Jephcott, Hardie, Ennis and George Cooper have all proven themselves to be good enough, most as starting players, some as rotational players. It's time to supplement that fairly young core with more quality and more steel through the spine. Beyond the names listed above, and excluding a few of the youth players who I haven't named, the rest can be cleared out. The likes of Reeves, Moore, MacLeod... if they're not going to push for a starting spot, which they aren't close at the moment, they need to go. Hopefully our new data-driven approach can turn up more gems like Camara and Ennis, and less Nouble's.

Anyway, I've not really enjoyed much of this season, barring about a dozen games. Watching on iFollow is hollow and just a bit crap despite the club's best efforts to improve the service, so I gave up on it months ago except the Shrewsbury debacle :doh:. It seems to me that there has been a really polarised response to every game this season, some driven by tedious agendas, but I think a lot largely driven by frustration of how we've all had to consume our football this year, and consume is the appropriate word. It hasn't been entertainment and it's barely felt like fandom at times. More just another game of football on the TV, if there wasn't an excessive amount already. So let's hope come August we can all get back into Home Park and enjoy the football as it's supposed to be enjoyed :scarf:

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Nobby":3aglqmue said:
For the last couple of weeks there's been a lot of bed-wetting about possible relegation and at the same time people shouting for us to play the kids. Which do you want? Because if your issue has been our lack of experience all season, then chucking the kids in when we're still not mathematically safe doesn't add up i'm afraid.

In my opinion, at no point this season have we ever been in danger of relegation, despite the hysteria on here. Sometimes we're great, sometimes we're awful, sometimes we're average. Probably each as much as the next over the course of the season and that by definition is a mid-table inconsistent team.

As far as I am concerned, the next 4 games mean very little and frankly the results don't really matter (although the players/staff shouldn't be thinking that way). The measure of how purposeful this last quarter of the season has been will be how we start next season. I want to see tangible improvement in the recruitment and more importantly the solidity of the team within the first 10 games next year. Lowe has talked about learning a lot this year, and that's fine, this was never going to be an easy season, particularly in the circumstances, but we need evidence that we are actually learning and that evidence has been lacking throughout this season, so it needs to be rectified this summer and produced next season.

I'm still confident Lowe is taking is in the right direction and that a bit of patience is required, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated at the groundhog day nature of some of the performances this year. I find it hard to point the finger at the manager for individual errors, because he can't kick the ball for them, but too many goals have been conceded by the fundamental inability to defend crosses and leaving too much space in behind the wing backs. That has to be worked on, and it may be as easy as it being a communication issue, or someone taking leadership like Sonny Bradley did, or it may be a case of tactical changes. Our tactical flexibility next year will also be a sign of what Lowe has learnt from this year.

We certainly have some good players at this level within our squad; Cooper, Aimson, Edwards, Mayor, Camara, Grant, Jephcott, Hardie, Ennis and George Cooper have all proven themselves to be good enough, most as starting players, some as rotational players. It's time to supplement that fairly young core with more quality and more steel through the spine. Beyond the names listed above, and excluding a few of the youth players who I haven't named, the rest can be cleared out. The likes of Reeves, Moore, MacLeod... if they're not going to push for a starting spot, which they aren't close at the moment, they need to go. Hopefully our new data-driven approach can turn up more gems like Camara and Ennis, and less Nouble's.

Anyway, I've not really enjoyed much of this season, barring about a dozen games. Watching on iFollow is hollow and just a bit crap despite the club's best efforts to improve the service, so I gave up on it months ago except the Shrewsbury debacle :doh:. It seems to me that there has been a really polarised response to every game this season, some driven by tedious agendas, but I think a lot largely driven by frustration of how we've all had to consume our football this year, and consume is the appropriate word. It hasn't been entertainment and it's barely felt like fandom at times. More just another game of football on the TV, if there wasn't an excessive amount already. So let's hope come August we can all get back into Home Park and enjoy the football as it's supposed to be enjoyed :scarf:

Agree with a lot of that. It's always been a fairly arrogant attitude IMO from football's gatekeepers that if games are streamed live then fans won't go to the games, hence the ludicrous ban on streaming in the UK pre COVID, etc bar the odd international weekend Saturday or whatever, even for those of us hundreds of miles away. Following a football club, being a fan, is about much more than just the action on the pitch (while obviously that's important). Not many of us wouldn't go to a game in person if we possibly could. It's about the day out isn't it, the experience, the getting there, the oggie on the way to the ground, the seeing friends/family etc, the lunchtime pint or two. Roll on August and some normality (please....) .

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Larry David":eij49rug said:
I’ve seen enough of Opoku he’s lazy and lacks pace he got caught out by the Burton player for their goal that coupled with last week’s shocker tells me he isn’t anything special.

Fornah and Watts are not good enough at League One level. Please play Tomlinson Law and Lolos for the rest of the season I’ve seen enough of the loanees.

Woods though is worth another look next season if available

I definitely agree about Opoku and Watts not being good enough. I think you might be wrong about Fornah though. He's made a couple of careless mistakes recently but overall he seems to be developing into an effective defensive midfielder.

I've seen a few cameo appearances from Lolos and although he always looks keen to make an impact, nothing about his play stands out. If retained next season I think he needs to be loaned out to see if he does have potential to develop.

When you're the manager bringing young players directly into the side feels like a big risk with only pre-season friendlies to test them in. That's why loaning out young players to Torquay, Truro, etc. has to be the way forward.

Sep 2, 2008
Was a lovely finish by Hardie. What I really like about him, aside from his pace, is his composure. He uses his pace to get himself in a good position and once there, he takes the time to watch the bounce of the ball, set himself and put in a clever finish. His awareness of where players are around him, both opposition and team mate, is also very good. Given a good run of games I believe he could be a very good player for us. I hope to see more of him next season up front with Ennis. They both have pace which is something defenders don't like and once they develop an understanding of each others game then I believe they will be a real force up front for us. Just need to get a good defence in, preferably experienced permanent signings.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I thought it was a performance that epitomised our season. We were good in spells, we had some lapses in concentration, we nearly looked a tidy L1 team, we were ultimately let down by a lack of nous & experience. If we shift our recruitment more toward players with a strong mentality we can look forward to next season.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Watch Opoku stand right behind Aimson when they take the throw in which leads to their equaliser.

A simple deflected header leaves us wide open.

What a stupid position to take up??

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
pastiesforlife":ikyfe2bb said:
Dreamgreen":ikyfe2bb said:
With two of the four added minutes gone, a deflection put Hemmings in on goal, his shot was pushed away by Cooper but only to Broom who tapped the ball in from five yards. 1 v 1.

Surely Broom swept the ball in from 5 yards?

He definitely cleaned up :D

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Lack of experience at the back certainly cost us a point with 2 going against 1 and heading the ball at the other’s head. My picture went after that and I didn’t realise, until I watched the extended highlights, that we could have lost all 3.
A bit like the Ipswich game after Mayor was sent off and they scored 2 in no time and Portsmouth away when we conceded 2 quickly after Watts’s error.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Another frustrating result in losing a lead but overall a good point. Echo much of what’s been said but look at how all the promoted teams have fared - even Crewe who I consider on a similar level were battered 6-0 at home last week and lost at Wigan yesterday so it’s just been one of those years. Main thing is we’ve survived and are moving in the right direction compared with this time two years ago so take the positives but obviously hope for more consistency next season please !!!