• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Celebrity Argyle fans

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Bovey-Green lady":276nmovi said:
The actress (or, in the modern spirit of equality, should I say "Actor") Rita Tushingham, who used to sit near me in the stand in the 1970's.
Was it her who had a house overlooking Polperro?

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Rugby Union World Cup winner Phil Vickery.

Years ago, when Simon Mayo was presenting on Radio 5 Live, he hosted a sports panel on Friday afternoons where the guests would discuss the weekend’s events.

He asked Phil Vickery what the score would be between Arsenal and Man Ure (I think).

Phil Vickery said, ‘I don’t really care, I’m a Plymouth Argyle fan!

Absolute legend!

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
jerryatricjanner":2qc87rqh said:
Bovey-Green lady":2qc87rqh said:
The actress (or, in the modern spirit of equality, should I say "Actor") Rita Tushingham, who used to sit near me in the stand in the 1970's.
Was it her who had a house overlooking Polperro?

Yep.

Apr 15, 2008
London
demportdave":xxbp6soi said:
Former Surrey and England Batsman and now Sky Sports Cricket anchor, Ian Ward.

I think he was actually born in Plymouth.

Older fans may also recall that Writer, food critic, Liberal MP and raconteur Clement Freud was an Argyle fan.

Yeah, probably best not to name check him as a famous fan in light of revelations.

fawlty

♣️ PASALB Member
Feb 1, 2012
Paul Whitehouse.

I remember seeing him on the telly on the way to a game with his mates including ‘Big Dave’. I think it was on was on just before or after an ad for car insurance. :whistle:

COYGs.

Fawlty

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
The retired BBC Chief Football correspondent Mike Ingham, who moved to Plymouth with his parents and became an avid supporter. He wrote enthusiastically in his fairly recent autobiography about his interest.

The late TV Personality and journalist Clement Freud was an Argyle supporter. He was at one time the Football Correspondent for THe Guardian newspaper. He was definitely in the press box for the famous League Cup semi final at Home Park in the early 70's, when we drew 1-1

Aug 5, 2016
Hargyle":15tqgkkw said:
Wasn’t Ade Edmondson rolled out as the celebrity Argyle fan by Sky ahead of our play-off final against KFC Wimbledon?

I don’t remember that. He has been rolled out as an Exeter City fan before a big FA Cup game or two, so I think you might be thinking of that.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Quintrell_Green":1lad9a0c said:
The retired BBC Chief Football correspondent Mike Ingham, who moved to Plymouth with his parents and became an avid supporter. He wrote enthusiastically in his fairly recent autobiography about his interest.

The late TV Personality and journalist Clement Freud was an Argyle supporter. He was at one time the Football Correspondent for THe Guardian newspaper. He was definitely in the press box for the famous League Cup semi final at Home Park in the early 70's, when we drew 1-1

See crownhillpilgrim’s post, four before yours.

;)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Alan Turing":1scgrfnq said:
Quintrell_Green":1scgrfnq said:

See crownhillpilgrim’s post, four before yours.

Noted with thanks. I was not aware of that 'cloud'. I do know Clement Freud's daughter in law is Rupert Murdoch's daughter. It is just a pity Argyle did not get a sniff of the Murdoch family money!

;)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Exactly my thoughts.

Does it just take a celebrity to say 'I support Plymouth' to make them a fan?