Morecambe! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Morecambe!

Mar 14, 2009
Unbelievable short term memories.

Firstly, the style of football. It was defensive and negative. Only brightened up by some moment Carey or Lameiras magic. And that’s what we became. A team built on the odd moment of decent football. Most of it was atrocious to watch. Often hanging on for grim life for the win.

We became a team built to hold onto a lead. Except we weren’t very good at defending so would surrender our leads. We became so negative under him when the opposition scored first it was game over.

The guys talent was to spot a player. However, his man management of those players led to his own downfall. He had four years at our football club. He basically put us back in the position we started when he joined the club.

What he is doing for Morecambe is great. Yet let’s not pretend he is seriously better than he really was.

Jun 15, 2013
Lowe and Adams seem to have similar abilities so far. Achieved promotions from L2 and need some improvements in L1. Then I prefer a coach who plays aggressive football.

Mar 23, 2008
Cool, but who cares? He has done a good job, but certainly didn't in his last season with us and somehow managing to get us relegated. Anyway, more concerned with Argyle.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I could not give a monkeys and frankly would rather admin refused to put this post on this board. It isn’t about Argyle but about pre-history. Weird Pasoti obsession. Like you never got over your girlfriend.

Jan 7, 2013
I was going to post a good luck Morcambe/Derek post myself for their massive game against Bolton on Saturday but was sceptical as I knew it wouldn't go down well! I have been following Morcambes results since DA took over and what a job he has been doing keeping them up last season and on the verge of promotion this year after being odds on for relegation by the bookies! Morecambe have never been in the 3rd tier in their history just to put in into perspective! Promotion or not for them this season he deserves a massive congratulations.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
This thread and many of the replies perfectly illustrate the ficklness of the average football fan. Derek has done a brilliant job at Morecambe, but for people to now bemoan his departure and wish he was back, its hilarious. I remember PASOTI two years ago and it was a raging sesspit of fury against Adams. Most of the fans couldn't wait for him to be gone. However, the fact that he has done so well at Morecambe makes me think there is something wrong at this club beyond the manager. It seems a large bunch of the fans (the usual vocal ones who are on his back after every defeat) want Lowe sacked today. I can understand that after a 6-0 home battering, but I bet he will achieve some form of success if he moves to another club, just as Derek is doing. Another thing, who would you get in? There's been no money spent on players. People talk about Lowe's aquisitions as if he has spent millions, but its all been loans and free signings. The fact is, in this league we cant compete with the Charltons, Hulls and Sunderlands. Something somewhere needs to change if Argyle are to move up the league and constantly chopping managers is not necessarily the answer.

Nov 2, 2004
One of the best bets I have struck in quite some time, backing Morcambe on Betfair to win the league handicap. Well done Derek I knew my money was safe.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Mods, surely this should be on the football forum, nothing to do with Argyle.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Nice guy, has a future in the sport.
But the most boring promotion I've ever watched and managed to get a team with Ruben, Carey and Ladapo relegated.

At least Ryan isn't too cowardly to face the media after a defeat of that nature.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Bezza":2s5xb6il said:
This thread and many of the replies perfectly illustrate the ficklness of the average football fan. Derek has done a brilliant job at Morecambe, but for people to now bemoan his departure and wish he was back, its hilarious. I remember PASOTI two years ago and it was a raging sesspit of fury against Adams. Most of the fans couldn't wait for him to be gone. However, the fact that he has done so well at Morecambe makes me think there is something wrong at this club beyond the manager. It seems a large bunch of the fans (the usual vocal ones who are on his back after every defeat) want Lowe sacked today. I can understand that after a 6-0 home battering, but I bet he will achieve some form of success if he moves to another club, just as Derek is doing. Another thing, who would you get in? There's been no money spent on players. People talk about Lowe's aquisitions as if he has spent millions, but its all been loans and free signings. The fact is, in this league we cant compete with the Charltons, Hulls and Sunderlands. Something somewhere needs to change if Argyle are to move up the league and constantly chopping managers is not necessarily the answer.

This season we've spent transfer fees on George Cooper, Niall Ennis and Ryan Hardie.
I think the last transfer fee paid out before those three was for Nathan Blissett or maybe Ryan Edwards.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
gaspargomez":o6d2soc6 said:
Adams will surely go on to bigger and better things.

Lowe..... the jury is still out on this guy.

But will anyone want to watch his team play?? :think:

and I agree: a post about Morecambe should be on the Football Forum. Adams is no longer Argyle related:
Praise The lord!! :clap:

Oct 31, 2015
Pogleswoody":15outkbt said:
gaspargomez":15outkbt said:
Adams will surely go on to bigger and better things.

Lowe..... the jury is still out on this guy.

But will anyone want to watch his team play??

and I agree: a post about Morecambe should be on the Football Forum. Adams is no longer Argyle related:
Praise The lord!! :

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Apr 1, 2009
PL2 3DQ":hmq6c0xe said:
Bezza":hmq6c0xe said:

This season we've spent transfer fees on George Cooper, Niall Ennis and Ryan Hardie.
I think the last transfer fee paid out before those three was for Nathan Blissett or maybe Ryan Edwards.

I am told that there was a nominal fee for Panutche Camara as well.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Watching Adams' team vs. watching this current Argyle team...

I know which I would pick.

Carey, Lameiras, Ladapo, Bradley, Threlkeld, Sarcevic, Fox, Jervis, Songo'o, Makasi, Grant, etc, etc

There is no contest.