Lowe - post Charlton | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe - post Charlton

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The recent history of football tells you it’s never a good idea to continually blame your players in public instead of taking responsibility.

The alarm bells really start to ring when that happens, especially when things get worse rather than better.

The players have to take blame, but they’re not the ones signing their teammates, setting up the side, or making tactical decisions.

Aug 5, 2016
mutley marvel":2c0xh3wz said:
Has the penny finally dropped with him- is he all about saving himself & reputation or his he realising his shortcomings after game 43,

Its alright him slating the players & saying they will be in at 8am tomorrow to see the error of their ways but he has been saying this for weeks & there has been no improvement

He is all about saving his own skin

It would not surprise me if he names the same team on Saturday- he makes all these bold statements but never follows through

He must think we are all stupid

That is what makes me curious.

He has turned on the players, flashed his temper, threatened to "play the kids", yet keeps fielding a virtually unchanged formation and lineup bar the usual rotation.

Great chance for Lolos, Tomlinson etc. but one doesn't even make the bench, the other can never get off it.

May 22, 2006
Don’t really understand why he didn’t bring Opuku on when Aimson got injured. He just half heartedly warmed up and several minutes later, Moore came on.

Opuku would surely have offered more in defence and may well have been on the end of some of the 27 crosses, of which only 2 were successful.

Is he injured? If so, wouldn’t Tomlinson have been better on the subs bench and would have something to prove if given the opportunity.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
After the game against Burton where we came within 2 mins of winning, WHY would you make 4 changes???? Jephcott, Law, Macleod and Woods in and Fornah, Ennis, Lewis and Opoku out WHY WHY???

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I thought Lowe and his staff did a lot of research on players before signing them, they have to be the right fit and the right character.

So now with three games left Lowe discovers they are soft and quiet and no leaders!

We've heard it before about player meetings and analysing games, Canavan mentioned one such meeting after a heavy defeat when he was at the club and here we are going through the same self analysing after another spanking.

Sep 22, 2020
Inexperience at the top of the club - owner, ceo and manager.

Mr Hallett must be learning £20 million and long term contracts guarantee nothing and does not buy you success in football.

Back to basics. need an experienced manager who can blend experienced players with youth and attract the right players to come down.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Nobby":gtr3c1ol said:
I like what i'm hearing, but the players certainly won't. Dangerous game.
I don't think majority of them care anyway either way.

As much as I've lost all of my remaining enthusiasm after tonight for next season Lowe deserves a chance to get it right in the summer, however if we go down the same route relying on youngsters then we will only have more nights like this to come.

Fingers crossed we are far more street wise and ruthless next season with winners and leaders in the team.

Feb 4, 2020
Just watched Lowe post match...clearly demoralized...But still not sure if his biggest concern is the dire performance or his own career aspirations..

Jan 27, 2012
It was Lowe’s choice to play a youth team goalkeeper in front of youth team defenders. That’s how he decided to build his squad.

He appears very naive when it comes to defence. Both in terms of recruitment and tactics.

Dec 3, 2005
Knibbsworth":7u64vlpe said:
Biggs":7u64vlpe said:
Knibbsworth":7u64vlpe said:
"It's a soft group... there's no winners in there... and I need to get that changed ASAP".

Great, good luck getting those players to play for you again.

I think that is the point. Half arsed performances, lack of commitment. Keystone cops defending. Do they even want to be here next season? I think Lowe has had enough of a few now.

The whole time he was talking I was wondering which individuals have gotten under his skin because some clearly have. It seems like he cannot wait to have a clear out.

IF he thinks some players are not trying - WHY play them in the team?

Give some of the bench warmers a game, they have something to prove.

We dont need any players would don't even try.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Biggs":2v4ghkmw said:
The recent history of football tells you it’s never a good idea to continually blame your players in public instead of taking responsibility.

The alarm bells really start to ring when that happens, especially when things get worse rather than better.

The players have to take blame, but they’re not the ones signing their teammates, setting up the side, or making tactical decisions.

I agree it's a clear sign of managerial failure and it will only cause demotivation and division.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Knibbsworth":1x0b69y1 said:
Andy Maidenhead":1x0b69y1 said:
Ryan..I want to know your plans to rectify things for next season? Fear your 'revolutionary tactics' have been fully discovered now by all n sundry.
Scouser banter not gonna cut it..you got one incredibly expensive support teams for League One..
This project is becoming an irresponsible waste of Mr Hallett's generosity.
I fear, alas, you are out of your depth..want to be wrong...start by getting rid of your expensive mate Mayor

Danny Mayor. The popular boo boy.

The only one who visibly tried tonight and kept trying to drag us towards having a goal scoring chance.

Exactly and well said! Let’s get rid of our best player shall we It’s pathetic. Argyle fans love a scapegoat don’t they.

Also everyone’s moaning because RL is having a go at the players and bringing them in for 8am. What do you want him to do, give them the day off and pat them on the back? He’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. I think RL needs the chance to rebuild and get some leaders on the pitch. I would build the team around the likes of DM

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Dorset Pilgrim":2g0k21ig said:
Biggs":2g0k21ig said:

I agree it's a clear sign of managerial failure and it will only cause demotivation and division.

If I was a player I wouldn’t be angry that the manager said that because I would know he was right. Those players should be raging at themselves he’s bang on they are a weak bunch from one to eleven and they should be digging each other out this morning.

Having said that he recruited them, along with Dewsnip and Schumacher, his decision making has been really poor as was the decision from the chairman to award him a long term contract.

As a famous football manager once never said “Data analytics eh? Bloody hell!

Jul 12, 2016
Andy Maidenhead":2k87v8ct said:
Ryan..I want to know your plans to rectify things for next season? Fear your 'revolutionary tactics' have been fully discovered now by all n sundry.
Scouser banter not gonna cut it..you got one incredibly expensive support teams for League One..
I fear, alas, you are out of your depth..want to be wrong...start by getting rid of your expensive mate Mayor
Can't argue with that.

Jul 12, 2016
Doyley43":1orr09jn said:
Knibbsworth":1orr09jn said:
Andy Maidenhead":1orr09jn said:

Danny Mayor. The popular boo boy.

The only one who visibly tried tonight and kept trying to drag us towards having a goal scoring chance.

Exactly and well said! Let’s get rid of our best player shall we It’s pathetic. Argyle fans love a scapegoat don’t they.

Also everyone’s moaning because RL is having a go at the players and bringing them in for 8am. What do you want him to do, give them the day off and pat them on the back? He’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. I think RL needs the chance to rebuild and get some leaders on the pitch. I would build the team around the likes of DM
How much more of this rubbish are you going to take before you realise Lowe and his players are not up to the task.AM is spot on.It is not about making anybody a scapegoat the whole team is a bleddy embarassment.