Mike Cooper & Joe Edwards apologise | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mike Cooper & Joe Edwards apologise

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's all words though isn't it?

They mean well, but most of experienced fans KNOW that we won't win any of the last three.

Rate both Coops and Edwards highly by the way.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 30, 2004
Not on last night's performance...both utter rubbish ...in my view...

Mar 14, 2009
briangreen":2hncvbbr said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2hncvbbr said:
Cooper is by far the least of our worries. He actually has done fine this season for his full debut season.

We are rudderless. And our manager has seemingly run out of ideas of how to fix it with the current squad. His comments last night were directed at the players. Yet this season his tactics have been woeful. He has no idea how to change things when things arenā€™t going well on the pitch. He has no idea how to stop the same repetitive mistakes. It comes down the coaching.

Iā€™m all for giving them a kick up the back side. Yet how can you take Lowe seriously when Watts gets in the starting line up again. You have Reeves sitting there on the bench once more. The guy canā€™t be any worse than what we witnessed last night.

Opposition teams have probably never had it so easy this season at times to open up a team.

I don't get what you mean by constantly attacking the manager when whats missing is passion and consistency, two ingredients that can't be taught or instilled.
Have to agree about Watts, frankly a one legged Sawyer could do better.

I have remained consistent. If you think this is constantly attacking him all ld see is look back in January at my posts when we were winning. I raised the same issues as l have now. I got pelters for it yet unfortunately here we are in April asking the same questions after more spineless & gutless performances.

You have to remember a number of them are young players. They need direction and instructions. I think after a while if my manager said, for example, stop passing it backwards you either stop doing it or be taken out of the team as your not doing what your told. He said this after the Ipswich game. Against Shrewsbury two weeks later lm watching Conor Grant pass a ridiculous ball backwards and helping us concede another goal.

As they arenā€™t being taken out of the team you can only think they are doing what the manager asks them to do. As if they arenā€™t why would you as a manager keep playing the same players. Barmy.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 30, 2004
He keeps playing Watts week after week after week...despite his mistakes....makes a mockery of your comments...

Nov 2, 2004
I donā€™t get this apologising nonsense, we lost a football match and we will lose some more get a grip. We support Argyle and I canā€™t wait to get back to Home Park. Besides Cooper and Edwards have nothing to apologise for. That tw:t Swan had something to apologise for.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
ealinggreen":ya9daa16 said:
I donā€™t get this apologising nonsense, we lost a football match and we will lose some more get a grip. We support Argyle and I canā€™t wait to get back to Home Park. Besides Cooper and Edwards have nothing to apologise for. That tw:t Swan had something to apologise for.
the club has much to apologise for mate with that spineless surrender.

Nov 2, 2004
Steve Evans":jidce663 said:
ealinggreen":jidce663 said:
the club has much to apologise for mate with that spineless surrender.

I had no idea that we knew each other mate.

Jan 27, 2012
Iā€™m sure the players are trying. The question is whether they are good enough, which is a different thing altogether. My concern all season has been that the defensive players are too young, inexperienced and untested at this level. Nothing wrong with playing talented youngsters, but when the entire defensive unit consists of kids itā€™s taking a risk too far.

Jul 24, 2016
Agree with comments regarding youngsters and loaned but management style comes into it as well. Whilst all the players seem to enjoy playing for Lowe, the environment created does not appear to be ruthless.

You just have to look back at the Eras of Sturrock mk1, warnock and even Adams who created teams that were ruthless in their pursuit. Just donā€™t get that sort of feeling with this bunch.

Just feel that the current environment is too cosy. Of course we donā€™t know what goes on behind doors.

I do like Lowe, but he is still a rookie with lessons to learn, but he does have a big enough team around him to advise. Letā€™s hope lessons have been learnt and Argyle get the future benefit.

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
vibratingspider":b59nkheu said:
demportdave":b59nkheu said:
For Heaven's sake, Argyle's Junior Pro has come out on social media and apologised for last night's shambolic performance and we have fans nit-picking it.
The point for me is that the entire Argyle team knew the performance was sub par during the game. Why can they not show some resilience and put up a fight during the game? It's all very well apologising and I applaud Mike for that, but it shouldn't take 10,000 Argyle fans hollering at the team to make them put up a fight. They should be professional enough to do that for themselves.
Fortunately I did not shell out Ā£10 to watch, so I'm interested in uour comment about resillience and fight. The audio was pretty bland. Was their no instance of players turning on each other, no anger, no arm waving? I was surprised they didn't come to blows. If that wasn't evident then clearly there is a lack of passion and pride.

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
IJN":2l96wbi4 said:
It's all words though isn't it?

They mean well, but most of experienced fans KNOW that we won't win any of the last three.

Rate both Coops and Edwards highly by the way.

It is but you know what, I think I we all know that behind it these two are absolutely putting in the yards for this team and genuinely care. Coops has come through the ranks, Edwards a West Country boy who you sense genuinely feels at home at the club and Iā€™m sure desperately wants to see out his career with us. They graft and theyā€™ve fronted up. As individuals theyā€™ve been a couple of pearls amongst a whole lot of swine

Dec 30, 2020
It's an unfortunate end to a just about satisfactory campaign.

Cooper and the other young players are at the end of a long first full season of pro football where they've had too few experienced team mates along side them to guide them through it.

Edwards has been our best player and will undoubtedly be frustrated at being sent out as part of a team that wasn't equipped to compete.

Lowe has made some mistakes this year, but the decision to go through the season with the balance of youth and experienced that we've had will have been one taken in partnership with the club's wider leadership.

The frustration at losing 6-0 is understandable, but I think all those involved deserve a bit of slack. Tbf, once signings start happening over the summer and plans to re-open Home Park gather pace, a lot of the current negativity will dissipate.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
gaspargomez":3h6kvpdh said:
Iā€™m sure the players are trying. The question is whether they are good enough, which is a different thing altogether. My concern all season has been that the defensive players are too young, inexperienced and untested at this level. Nothing wrong with playing talented youngsters, but when the entire defensive unit consists of kids itā€™s taking a risk too far.
Thatā€™s the opinion of you, me and at least 95% of all Argyle supporters.
Only in hindsight, the biggest mistake was letting Canavan leave in January. At least, he was experienced even if he wanted to leave.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
I think Canavan wanted to move back up north so it would have been difficult to keep him. The mistake was loaning another young centre-back plus Lewis.
We also lost Wootton in January, he had his critics but Wootton, Canavan and Sawyer kept the most clean sheets in L2 last season and only three other teams conceded less goals.

We didn't sign experienced players in January and it's made life in League One more difficult than it should have been.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
memory man":350egp2m said:
vibratingspider":350egp2m said:
The point for me is that the entire Argyle team knew the performance was sub par during the game. Why can they not show some resilience and put up a fight during the game? It's all very well apologising and I applaud Mike for that, but it shouldn't take 10,000 Argyle fans hollering at the team to make them put up a fight. They should be professional enough to do that for themselves.
Fortunately I did not shell out Ā£10 to watch, so I'm interested in uour comment about resillience and fight. The audio was pretty bland. Was their no instance of players turning on each other, no anger, no arm waving? I was surprised they didn't come to blows. If that wasn't evident then clearly there is a lack of passion and pride.
Not enough from what I could see. One thing I will say is that I often see some fairly demonstrable frustration from Major, which is encouraging. I would say that Edwards was probably the most frustrated figure out there and it must be soul destroying for Cooper, so I do sympathise completely with him as well. The defence didn't show an awful lot, I would say they pretty much gave up as soon as the own goal went in. Just lack of desire and commitment across the back three for me. Yes, they're largely a young set of players, but they have to realise that there are ways back into football matches at 2 nil or even 3 nil down. There's a total lack of resilience in this squad.

For me, at this level, 60% of the game is won and lost by attitude, effort, commitment and desire, and unfortunately some of these players are lacking in all four of those. Of course, as someone else mentioned, it could just be that the guys we have in are simply not capable of playing this system or they just don't have the technical ability we need and for that, the blame sits with Ryan and his recruitment team. Equally, our esteemed manager seems to lack invention and the ability to create a system that suits his players and again, that's something to work on - currently if Plan A fails, we have no alternative and, for the players, that must be pretty demotivating.