Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 22 April | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 22 April

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Thursday 22 April

Ryan Lowe's press conference .... club You Tube.

Ryan Lowe says midfielder Conor Grant is still out with a groin injury and will likely miss the Oxford game, defender Will Aimson is a doubt after picking up an ankle injury in the game against Charlton. Klaidi Lolos has recovered from illness that forced him to miss the Charlton game and is available for selection against Oxford.

The 6-0 win by Charlton on Tuesday was not the first time the Addicks had won by that same scoreline at Home Park because in August 1986 a pre-season friendly game also finished 6-0 to Charlton.

Tuesday night home league record over the last 10 seasons including this season
Played 39, won 14, drawn 11, lost 14. Goals scored 58, goals conceded 59.
Ryan Lowe’s record: Played 11, won 4, drawn 2, lost 5. Goals scored 19, goals conceded 25.

Players under contract for next season
Michael Cooper, George Cooper, Luke Jephcott, Ryan Hardie, Niall Ennis, Adam Randell, Brandon Pursall. Also possibly Panutche Camara and Conor Grant, both unconfirmed.

Players out of contract this summer
Luke McCormick, Jack Ruddy, Will Aimson, Joe Edwards, Byron Moore, Lewis Macleod, Gary Sawyer, Klaidi Lolos, Ben Reeves, Danny Mayor, Jarvis Cleal, Ryan Law, Ollie Tomlinson, Scott Wootton (out on loan), Frank Nouble (out on loan).
End of loan: Jerome Opoku, Kell Watts, Tyrese Fornah, Adam Lewis, Sam Woods.
Unknown: Rubin Wilson, Finley Craske, Ethan Mitchell, Scott Crocker.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
If memory serves me right, the Charlton friendly win had them something like 0-5 up at half-time. Argyle had a trialist in goal in first half and he had a bit of a “mare”

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Would we take Carey back? He found success and popularity here and he's struggled in Bulgaria so maybe he'll look at us with fond memories. I'd definitely mull it over if I were Lowe.

Mar 18, 2014
Luke McCormick, Will Aimson, Joe Edwards, Gary Sawyer, Danny Mayor, Ryan Law, Ollie Tomlinson. These are all I would keep, Sawyer maybe as player/defensive coach

I wish you would forget this Carey love-in crap. He helped get us relegated then did a runner. People like Sarcevic and Joel Grant signed back up to try and get us promoted, they are the type of player we need.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
The list of contracted players is quite positive.

Of the others from what I have seen

Luke McCormick, Joe Edwards, Danny Mayor, Ryan Law

Oct 5, 2013
Vampires11":2col6jtf said:
Luke McCormick, Will Aimson, Joe Edwards, Gary Sawyer, Danny Mayor, Ryan Law, Ollie Tomlinson. These are all I would keep, Sawyer maybe as player/defensive coach

I wish you would forget this Carey love-in crap. He helped get us relegated then did a runner. People like Sarcevic and Joel Grant signed back up to try and get us promoted, they are the type of player we need.

Carey is a class above Sarcevic and Joel Grant, so understandable that he wouldn’t want to play in League 2 again, especially under a new manager unknown to him.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Newmansd":1btzw17t said:
Would we take Carey back? He found success and popularity here and he's struggled in Bulgaria so maybe he'll look at us with fond memories. I'd definitely mull it over if I were Lowe.

I could see Carey being absolutely fantastic in the LWB role personally. He’s a fanatic crosser of the ball, can score and is better at the defensive aspects than the likes of George Cooper and Adam Lewis. And he would be a much needed corner taker that we just don’t seem to have at the moment. He could also play in midfield at either LM or RM (imagine Mayor AND Carey at LM and RM!!)

The fact that Lowe said that he wanted men and leaders rather than boys in his post match Charlton interview would tell me that Carey could not be out of the question. I’d love GC to come back for a couple of years and take us into the championship.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Carey returning would certainly shift a few season tickets! He's 32 next month so not over the hill just yet.

Sep 2, 2008
Newmansd":2o6pks9u said:

I agree. It certainly is worth thinking about if Carey is on board with the idea. Thing is, I think he has some legacy personal issues in Plymouth so I feel sure that signing for Argyle is not an option he will be considering.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Maybe you are right...but Carey would shift a few hundred season ticket holders into re-newing and would score a few goals as well...win win in my book. But then again I am not the chairman. So maybe not...

Jul 12, 2016
Vampires11":3o4bqd0s said:

Why keep McCormick? Has hardly played a competitive match this season.

Feb 8, 2005
oldage":fbbocx1t said:
Vampires11":fbbocx1t said:

Why keep McCormick? Has hardly played a competitive match this season.

Surely you are not advocating that we go into next season without a backup goalkeeper!!!!!!!!!!