LGE 1 Players | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

LGE 1 Players

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Names of players in our current squad who are good enogh to do well in Lge 1. Answers on a small postage stamp please :furious:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
The way i feel at the moment they can all go- none of them covered themselves in glory today

Mar 23, 2008
I do feel there's a nucleus there to work with such as Edwards, Mayor, Camara, Hardie, Ennis, Jephcott, Cooper, George Cooper, Aimson and Grant to work with.

We need a stronger spine, we have to get a couple of vocal and determined centre backs and a snarling defensive midfielder and I think this team would be transformed.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Deacster":2w1lfm9f said:
I do feel there's a nucleus there to work with such as Edwards, Mayor, Camara, Hardie, Ennis, Jephcott, Cooper, George Cooper, Aimson and Grant to work with.

We need a stronger spine, we have to get a couple of vocal and determined centre backs and a snarling defensive midfielder and I think this team would be transformed.

I know this is an opinions board but one poster (mutley) saying they can all go and Deacster saying that the named 10 players are a 'nucleus' is a wide gulf in 'opinion'.

I'm with Deacster we have some good talented players but we lack heart and we lack a couple of leaders to push and bully us into matches and bully and push a strolling opposition out of their comfort zone.
We are a collection of talented players but we are not (yet) a team or a squad!

That is RL's job to sort. I'll give him time but less than 12 months (or 12 hours of those Charlton type of performances!!)

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Deacster":1nidmdn3 said:

That's pretty handy seeing as they're all actually our players. I'd agree though. For me it's the loanees who have largely failed us. It's been said a million times but having kids as your spine was never going to bring sustained competitiveness. Flashes yes, consistency no. And now they're all looking forward to going home and living their lives again post-covid.

I think we all need to agree on one thing though - this season has been an anomoly and I think it's unfair to judge anyone as long as we acheive the goal of staying in the league. We don't know what effect the pandemic has had on the mentality of our players, or management or our ability to get better players in.

Just one more point for us or a draw for Rochdale and we can start again with a clean slate. And if the same problems show up when we're back to "normal", then the manager can be called into question.

Jul 12, 2016
Manchesterlalala":34tmyqqk said:
Deacster":34tmyqqk said:

That's pretty handy seeing as they're all actually our players. I'd agree though. For me it's the loanees who have largely failed us. It's been said a million times but having kids as your spine was never going to bring sustained competitiveness. Flashes yes, consistency no. And now they're all looking forward to going home and living their lives again post-covid.

I think we all need to agree on one thing though - this season has been an anomoly and I think it's unfair to judge anyone as long as we acheive the goal of staying in the league. We don't know what effect the pandemic has had on the mentality of our players, or management or our ability to get better players in.

Just one more point for us or a draw for Rochdale and we can start again with a clean slate. And if the same problems show up when we're back to "normal", then the manager can be called into question.
Sorry but don't buy into this "don't know what effect the pandemic " has had.All clubs have been affected and at least our management team have not had to worry too much about the financial implications because of the Hallett's backing and season ticket holders. Time to stop making excuses. We are a long way from being a decent league 1 side and I can see little changing with Lowe in charge.

Jul 17, 2011
oldage":3dt0yabj said:
Manchesterlalala":3dt0yabj said:
Deacster":3dt0yabj said:

Sorry but don't buy into this "don't know what effect the pandemic " has had.All clubs have been affected and at least our management team have not had to worry too much about the financial implications because of the Hallett's backing and season ticket holders. Time to stop making excuses. We are a long way from being a decent league 1 side and I can see little changing with Lowe in charge.

As a ridiculous thing to suggest… Playing a shortened season with a Saturday Tuesday games nearly every week will take its toll… Especially with younger players who require training and coaching more regularly than experienced pros...

If we had said at the start of the season we are going to finish 16th, many of us will have taken that providing the next year we are more optimistic about towards the top of the table/play-off positons.

One final note, for you to say that Ryan Lowe is not affected it’s ridiculous… He is living away from his family in a place far away from home, amount of travelling he has to do with his players, young manager, never experienced hardship really as a manager! This year is definitely an anomaly and providing we stay up and we look forward I’m content with that now! Yes we are a big city but when you look at that club and compare it to the other clubs in the league our league position is probably about right, so be careful what you wish for

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Deacster":2ofgi1dl said:

I think that's a decent nucleus with a couple of the youngsters like Randell and Law in the squad. We then need to look at a decent pair of centre backs, a defensive midfielder(Fornah would do for me) and wing backs that are not square pegs in round holes.

Jul 12, 2016
driscollberg":38p9qfz5 said:
oldage":38p9qfz5 said:
Manchesterlalala":38p9qfz5 said:
Deacster":38p9qfz5 said:

As a ridiculous thing to suggest… Playing a shortened season with a Saturday Tuesday games nearly every week will take its toll… Especially with younger players who require training and coaching more regularly than experienced pros...

If we had said at the start of the season we are going to finish 16th, many of us will have taken that providing the next year we are more optimistic about towards the top of the table/play-off positons.

One final note, for you to say that Ryan Lowe is not affected it’s ridiculous… He is living away from his family in a place far away from home, amount of travelling he has to do with his players, young manager, never experienced hardship really as a manager! This year is definitely an anomaly and providing we stay up and we look forward I’m content with that now! Yes we are a big city but when you look at that club and compare it to the other clubs in the league our league position is probably about right, so be careful what you wish for
The fact his family are still in the Liverpool area is his choice and does not match the commitment Hallett showed when he gave Lowe a longer contract. I have little sympathy for him and his team who have been fully supported. Granted if we stay up ,which is likely , it was what a lot of us hoped for but IMO Lowe is not the one to take us forward and I would not be sorry to see him go. We are a shambles on the field.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
oldage":3fnwil70 said:
driscollberg":3fnwil70 said:
oldage":3fnwil70 said:
Manchesterlalala":3fnwil70 said:
Deacster":3fnwil70 said:

The fact his family are still in the Liverpool area is his choice and does not match the commitment Hallett showed when he gave Lowe a longer contract. I have little sympathy for him and his team who have been fully supported. Granted if we stay up ,which is likely , it was what a lot of us hoped for but IMO Lowe is not the one to take us forward and I would not be sorry to see him go. We are a shambles on the field.

We all know you don't like Lowe (and his accent and personality are probably among the reasons) but what we all need to accept is that there are exceptional circumstances around this season that *could* explain what's going wrong on the pitch. Naively suggesting that everyone's dealing with the pandemic in the same way is very much of the "I'm alright me" attitude that society as a whole should be trying to eradicate. In every post you make, there's a lack of empathy and you'd be hard pressed to find many people who thought Lowe wasn't doing a good job last year or the year before. Indeed some of the football played last season was among the best I've seen from us in years and it was certainly a reason to be optimistic for the future and instil belief in Hallett's five year plan. That's why I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until we return to less choppy waters. And if by any chance it does go as awry as you seem to want it to this season, we're currently 1500-1 to be relegated on Sky Bet. Perhaps a little flutter might make you a bit less grumpy.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
After the last game it's so easy to forget that in many games this season, Argyle have looked superb going forward and have played the most entertaining football for several years. However, last season and particularly this, the defence has been suspect and this reached new lows on Tuesday - one of the worst defensive performances by any Argyle side that I have seen in fifty years. I'm finding it compulsive viewing and can't wait for the next episode on Saturday, when I think we will either win handsomely with style or get thrashed like a drunken pub team yet again!

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Whilst every club in the country has had to cope with coronavirus during the last year , it is possible that Argyle may have been a little more affected . Our problems this season are largely down to individual errors , quite often by inexperienced players , many of whom are on loan at the club . I have just looked at a map of the country showing all League 1 clubs , there are 4 teams Argyle ,Sunderland , Bristol Rovers and Portsmouth that are somewhat isolated from the rest of the clubs in League 1, of those 4 clubs we are the only ones that do not have at the very least a Championship or league 1 club within 100 miles. Isn't it possible that due to coronavirus , we were unable to entice more experienced players to leave their families from other parts of the country , when these players could sign for clubs more local to their home during this awful time .
We have had some terrible results this season , but with a reasonable possibility of staying in the division , hopefully our manager can rectify all of our weaknesses over the summer and we can look forward to progressing next season.

Jul 12, 2016
Manchesterlalala":2kw3v8lr said:
oldage":2kw3v8lr said:
driscollberg":2kw3v8lr said:
oldage":2kw3v8lr said:
Manchesterlalala":2kw3v8lr said:
Deacster":2kw3v8lr said:

We all know you don't like Lowe (and his accent and personality are probably among the reasons) but what we all need to accept is that there are exceptional circumstances around this season that *could* explain what's going wrong on the pitch. Naively suggesting that everyone's dealing with the pandemic in the same way is very much of the "I'm alright me" attitude that society as a whole should be trying to eradicate. In every post you make, there's a lack of empathy and you'd be hard pressed to find many people who thought Lowe wasn't doing a good job last year or the year before. Indeed some of the football played last season was among the best I've seen from us in years and it was certainly a reason to be optimistic for the future and instil belief in Hallett's five year plan. That's why I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until we return to less choppy waters. And if by any chance it does go as awry as you seem to want it to this season, we're currently 1500-1 to be relegated on Sky Bet. Perhaps a little flutter might make you a bit less grumpy.
I quite like Lowe as a person and have nothing against his accent. He did an ok job last season but he has never lived up to the hype which followed his appointment. I do not have much empathy for a manager who cannot manage and players who do not wear the shirt with pride which has nothing to do with the pandemic You only had to look at the passion Charlton had on Tuesday. I do not think we will be relegated but the manner in which our survival has occurred this year does not fill me with optimism for next season.

Sep 2, 2008
oldage":1ls4hwt9 said:
I quite like Lowe as a person and have nothing against his accent. He did an ok job last season but he has never lived up to the hype which followed his appointment. I do not have much empathy for a manager who cannot manage and players who do not wear the shirt with pride which has nothing to do with the pandemic You only had to look at the passion Charlton had on Tuesday. I do not think we will be relegated but the manner in which our survival has occurred this year does not fill me with optimism for next season.

I agree and when I consider that there are going to be a lot of new additions to the squad my optimism wanes even more. Lets not forget that the experts/professionals tell us that it takes time for a new team to gel :roll: . I can see that being Lowes next reason for poor results next season.