Gillingham
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

The Countdown to Gillingham, Sunday 9 May, kick-off 12 noon

Thursday

Referee
Alan Young is the man in the middle for the game, he was the ref for Argyle's 2-1 win against Doncaster Rovers at Home Park in October, so far this season he has issued 140 yellow cards and three reds in 33 games.
He will be assisted on Sunday by Aaron Farmer and Mark Derrien while the fourth official is Paul Evans.

Gillingham Analysis
Strengths
Creating scoring chances.
Aerial duels.
Attacking set pieces.
Weaknesses
Keeping possession of the ball.
Defending set pieces.
Defending against attacks down the wings.
Protecting the lead.
Style of Play
Take a lot of shots.
Control the game in the opposition's half.
Attack through the middle.
Long balls.
Attempt crosses often.
Consistent first eleven.

They Played For Both
Adam Barrett, Phil Kite, Jordan Houghton, Lee Martin, Simon King, Connor Smith, Bondz N'Gala, Olly Lee, Frank Nouble, David Kemp, Alex MacDonald, Brian McGlinchey, Dom Naylor, Stuart O'Keefe, Mark Patterson, Mark Saunders, Paul Williams. Any more?

Current League Form
01/05/21: D Burton 1 - 1 Gillingham.
24/04/21: D Gillingham 2 - 2 Northampton.
20/04/21: W Peterborough 0 - 1 Gillingham.
17/04/21: L Oxford 3 - 2 Gillingham.
10/04/21: D Gillingham 0 - 0 Shrewsbury.
05/04/21: L Blackpool 4 - 1 Gillingham.

Famous fans of Gillingham
Chef Gary Rhodes, TV presenter Kate Garraway, wine expert Oz Clarke, the late football commentator Brian Moore.

The Greens have played at Gillingham 53 times, losing the last nine consecutive games or two draws from the last 15 visits, the last win was in February 1981. In total Argyle have won 15 games, drawn 11 and lost 27.

Friday

Sky Bet have placed Gillingham as clear favourites to win the game at 8/11, an Argyle win has odds of 10/3 and the draw is on offer at 11/4.

Six-year old Tony Hudgell will be a special guest at the game ... Gills website.

Ryan Lowe's pre-match press conference ... club You Tube.

Gillingham manager Steve Evans looks ahead to the game ... Gills club website.

Saturday

Defender Ollie Tomlinson looks ahead to the game ... club You Tube.

Gills captain Kyle Dempsey is eager for a positive end to the season ... Gillingham club website.

Purchase your last ever iFollow match pass .... here.

Match preview ... club website.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Neither team has any real skin in this match. A 'dead rubber' as they say in tennis.

As a result, totally unpredictable result.

Could be an Argo win or a huge loss.

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
AdelaideGreen":2kpqkw0o said:
Neither team has any real skin in this match. A 'dead rubber' as they say in tennis.

Gillingham Analysis
Strengths
Aerial duels.
Attacking set pieces

Maybe not that unpredictable.

Oct 20, 2015
Just let the torture end and move onto 21/22 season. We tend to ship goals in Kent even when we're at the top of the table.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I surely can’t be the only one who really couldn’t care less about this one? A meaningless game at the end of a meh season against a ‘beige’ side like Gillingham. What’s to get excited about? :roll:

Jul 12, 2016
Emeraldinho":2nozykyd said:
I surely can’t be the only one who really couldn’t care less about this one? A meaningless game at the end of a meh season against a ‘beige’ side like Gillingham. What’s to get excited about? :roll:
I would still like us to win to stop the rot but won't lose any sleep if we don't. Roll on next season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A long shot but I'd like to see Jephcott score two goals to get to 20 for the season.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Andy_Tall":3hgaz5qm said:
AdelaideGreen":3hgaz5qm said:

Gillingham Analysis
Strengths
Aerial duels.
Attacking set pieces

Maybe not that unpredictable.

Both teams will probably play a weakened team to give a run out to up and coming players and those the managers want to make a decision on for new contracts etc. I certainly think we’ll see Tomlinson get on the pitch at some point. So maybe this might be unpredictable given there might be some changes to the team line up.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":2lucq2o8 said:
A long shot but I'd like to see Jephcott score two goals to get to 20 for the season.

Yeah that would be brilliant :thumbup:

Apr 1, 2009
I can see how, within this format, Celebrity Fans are of interest to some (not to me unfortunately), but is it relevant to include those who have passed on? Aside from that, the late Gary Rhodes was very definitely a Man Utd fan.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
There used to be a rickety old stand behind one of the goals that was called the Brian Moore Stand ...it was an open stand and the wind used to rip in from the Medway....don't know if it is still there....I used to go there regularly and meet up with Putney Pete.....never saw an Argyle win...

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A notable absentee from they played for both is Mike Bickle who joined Gillingham from Argyle.

Jul 24, 2016
Mike Bickle

Three Gillingham players guested for Argyle in Bickles testimonial against Man City so technically have played for both. I think the players were Damien Richardson, David Peach and possibly Dick Tydeman or David Quirke

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
oddball":1arefq9u said:
There used to be a rickety old stand behind one of the goals that was called the Brian Moore Stand ...it was an open stand and the wind used to rip in from the Medway....don't know if it is still there....I used to go there regularly and meet up with Putney Pete.....never saw an Argyle win...

Yes, it’s still there - still rickety!

Greendawe

♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 20, 2020
And of course it is the stand for away fans. I have spent many freezing afternoons there over the years watching our regular and endless defeats. The only moment of hope was when thick fog rolled in off the river towards the end of one game. But the referee did not respond to the Green Army’s chants to call the game off