Sawyer retires through injury | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sawyer retires through injury

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He will be working as an ambassador, help with coaching and work for the Argyle Community Trust (a separate budget).
I doubt there will be too much of a strain on the main Argyle budget and I am sure that there will be benefits to the club by keeping him involved.
I am sure that he will ensure that retaining him, in whatever capacity, will be of more value to the club than if he were allowed to just walk away.
Thank you, Gary.

Oct 31, 2015
There won't be many more servants to the club like this, the youngsters all move on for better money.

A true Green and a brilliant servant to our club. Thanks for everything skipper :nworthy: :thumbup:

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Yep, a really interesting watch. Can't help but think we've lost a great guy on the pitch.
Seems a lovely bloke

Dec 3, 2005
Aplayer we have really missed this season, oh to have had his experiance and leadership on the pitch.

Great fullback and servant of the Club, there wont be many others who give 10 years to Argyle from now on. Not too many LOYAL players around and like others have said, so reliable, he may have slowed down a little, but his thinking and positioning made up for that.

Good luck Gary :scarf:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
As he's retiring, it gives me the chance, one last time, to say this quote from 6 years ago when he first re-joined. You know who you are.

"Sawyer will be cheap and wanted by no-one, which makes him a typical Argyle signing".

6 years, 185 appearances, 2 promotions (1 as captain), admittedly 1 relegation, four top 7 finishes, two seasons where he didn't miss a single league game... not too bad eh?

In fact, he's now ranked 27th in the all time pafc appearance list (thanks GoS of course). An Argyle legend. :nworthy: