Gillingham v Argyle match thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Gillingham v Argyle match thread

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
It's been an awful end to the season, but we are still in League 1 next season, and I am optimistic that Lowe will get it right in this window, and get in the brawn and experience at both ends of the pitch that this squad desperately needs.
Everyone starts on 0 in August. Lowe will be the manager. Roll on August.

Apr 1, 2009
RKB":2epfhq09 said:
It's been an awful end to the season, but we are still in League 1 next season, and I am optimistic that Lowe will get it right in this window, and get in the brawn and experience at both ends of the pitch that this squad desperately needs.

Straight question RKB ( or anyone with similar viewpoint), what makes you optimistic that Lowe will get it right in this window?

I very much hope you are right. However he has a lot to do and, quite apart from whether his choice of player is up to it, will he have the money to acquire the quality and quantity needed. Without knowing that, it's difficult to judge.

Finally, I don't think that it's an absolute certainty that Lowe will be manager in August.

Aug 24, 2009
I thought we played okay in parts to day when you consider the injury to Wattts in the first minute. Ennis and Hrdie ran around a lot but did not look like scoring, when Jephcott entered it was difficult to decide if he was an midfielder or attacker which is why his form as deserted him, he is an out and out striker, why we do not play to his strengths I have no idea. The only players who have come out of this season with any credibility is Cooper, Edwards and Grant, the rest have not been good enough. Lowe as a lot of work to do to enable a promotion bid next season, we need better players throughout the team, the likes of Mayor and Camara have been okay on occasions but nowhere near good enough, Mayor is an good player although his end product is poor.I thought this season was going be one of consolidation although it now looks like we will have to start again, when does our consolidation end and we can look forward, My views have not changed on Lowe and even his latest comments have proven to have failed, win as many games as possible, I do not want the season to peter out it is not the Ryan Lowe way etc, the stats do not lie and it is simply not good enough.

Jul 12, 2016
xmastree":180ic4me said:
RKB":180ic4me said:

Straight question RKB ( or anyone with similar viewpoint), what makes you optimistic that Lowe will get it right in this window?

I very much hope you are right. However he has a lot to do and, quite apart from whether his choice of player is up to it, will he have the money to acquire the quality and quantity needed. Without knowing that, it's difficult to judge.

Finally, I don't think that it's an absolute certainty that Lowe will be manager in August.
I agree. Not sure what some fans see in Lowe .I would also like to be proved wrong but IMO we should not be in our current position with the backing SH has given Lowe since he joined us.
Will be interesting to see if SH is having second thoughts.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
oldage":3vn2ixf7 said:
Cobi Budge":3vn2ixf7 said:
I think the effort and desire has been there, we just aren’t good enough, up top or at the back.
I could have told you that 15 games ago.

You most probably did, but most replies were: stop being so negative, you want the team to do bad, be positive, we can get playoffs here etc. etc. People dont like the reality until its finally over.

Sep 3, 2011
Beyton_Green":21esrs3i said:
Knibbsworth":21esrs3i said:
Beyton_Green":21esrs3i said:
Have we lost (again) yet?

It has been a remarkable plummet. Must be close to some kind of record.

I remember us having the same amount of points as Blackpool around January. They have gone on to 4th position and knocked on the door of automatic promotion, whereas we have done our best to knock on the door of the relegation zone.

8 points in the last 14 games. If 1 point per game is relegation form, we are not far off 0.5 points per game for the final third of the season.

Over a season we would be adrift at the bottom of the table.

Some big restructuring required this summer.

I don't think people realise how dire our situation is. Terrible inept spineless team and a management structure that is unable to do anything about it.

Plus as you say around 0.5 points a game. We could be relegated by Christmas.

Emperor's New Clothes.

The board don't have the nerve to sack him. They left it too late with Adams. Any where else he would have been fired. Maybe it's the slow pace of life down there

Jul 12, 2016
leeroy221":31vhqwya said:
oldage":31vhqwya said:
Cobi Budge":31vhqwya said:
I think the effort and desire has been there, we just aren’t good enough, up top or at the back.
I could have told you that 15 games ago.

You most probably did, but most replies were: stop being so negative, you want the team to do bad, be positive, we can get playoffs here etc. etc. People dont like the reality until its finally over.
:thumbs:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Paranoid Android":2zj7i0e5 said:
Would we rather be 10th playing under Steve Evans?

A Gillingham fan contacted us to answer your question

I was just going to reply saying that I'm one of a number of Gills fans who won't have anything to do with the club whilst Evans is in charge, regardless of how high we finish.
I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years but would take relegation over having him as our manager. Can't wait for him to be gone.

Don't worry about registering me - the moment's passed and it was only going to be a quick comment in agreement with whoever said that winning games isn't everything - the reputation and morality of the club is important too.
All the best for next season,
Sam