Retained/Released list (Announced) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained/Released list (Announced)

Jul 12, 2016
Ponty":182xdtxo said:
oldage":182xdtxo said:
JannerinCardiff":182xdtxo said:
I for one will be totally gutted if Mayor doesn't play in green next season.
Can hardly get much worse without him.
We all understand that you don't rate Danny Mayor but it's becoming boring for the rest of us.
Please try and control your obsession...
See later post! Others are interested in my comments.You can just ignore them.Incidently I am not the only poster with misgivings about Mayor

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I think the right decisions have been made, although Aimson leaviig surprised me. I really think we can and should set our sights higher than Ben Reeves so not sorry to see him depart.

Sorry for Lolos, who appeared keen and gave his all when playing but never made a impact and realistically I don't think he has a future at this level.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Ham Green":1629tdfs said:
HC Green":1629tdfs said:
If it is a family member than you would think the description of what happen would be pretty accurate.
Your reaction reminds me of something a friend said who was asked to do interviews after he left a job but he declined the invitations because he said that although everything he said would be factually correct, some people would just say it’s sour grapes.

Whoever could you be referring to?

Ha Ha Prince Harry springs to mind.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
oldage":3homvdrk said:
Ponty":3homvdrk said:
oldage":3homvdrk said:
JannerinCardiff":3homvdrk said:
We all understand that you don't rate Danny Mayor but it's becoming boring for the rest of us.
See later post! Others are interested in my comments.You can just ignore them.Incidently I am not the only poster with misgivings about Mayor

Regrettably, I have misgivings about Danny as well but I love watching him play!

May 8, 2011
The retained list does indicate that last summer’s recruitment wasn’t great despite all the fantastic data analysis used and the queue of agents offering players to the manager and the targets identified early. Unless all of that was just PR sound bites.
I thought the Club had gone away from short termism and the annual large scale turnover of players seen before that was criticised wasn’t going to happen again.

P

Paranoid Android

HC Green":1q4h0ji9 said:
The retained list does indicate that last summer’s recruitment wasn’t great despite all the fantastic data analysis used and the queue of agents offering players to the manager and the targets identified early. Unless all of that was just PR sound bites.
I thought the Club had gone away from short termism and the annual large scale turnover of players seen before that was criticised wasn’t going to happen again.

I can’t be sure about the data analytics but I don’t think it was a fully formed process last pre season, it was at best in its infancy. Then Covid probably limited player options and the budget further.

Not wishing to make excuses but those two points are factual. This pre season we should expect the recruitment process to be fully functioning and with a bigger market to look at. So excuses for next season won’t include that in my mind.

Mar 21, 2006
Dorset Pilgrim":1g6z7i46 said:
Sorry for Lolos, who appeared keen and gave his all when playing but never made a impact and realistically I don't think he has a future at this level.

That's where we have to disagree. He didn't appear keen and didn't give his all. I saw him play a reserve game the season before last at St Albans and he had a real 'attitude' about him which smacked of "I'm too good for this". It's the attitude that has let him down.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
oldage":192qzgfa said:
Ponty":192qzgfa said:
oldage":192qzgfa said:
JannerinCardiff":192qzgfa said:

Unfortunately I can't ignore your comments as I have to read every post on Pasoti.
Others may have reservations about Danny Mayor but they don't fill every thread with it. You're becoming a troll and we don't allow that on here.

Feb 4, 2020
If Mayor is willing to sign a contract based on his true worth these last 2 season's performances, then great.

If Lowe recommends to Hallett that Major should continue on his present ridiculously high basic salary..then best he disappears back up North.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Has anybody seen anything in black & white published by Argyle, what Danny Mayors earnings are, or do they take as gospel, what’s written on sites with no inside knowledge, and are just guest work.

Jul 12, 2016
Ponty":aqgnckgy said:
oldage":aqgnckgy said:
Ponty":aqgnckgy said:
oldage":aqgnckgy said:
JannerinCardiff":aqgnckgy said:

Unfortunately I can't ignore your comments as I have to read every post on Pasoti.
Others may have reservations about Danny Mayor but they don't fill every thread with it. You're becoming a troll and we don't allow that on here.
Suggest you get your own house in order before you accuse others of being a troll ! There are plenty of others who are forever singing the same player's praises but unless you agree with them you are criticised. I had always assumed moderators were neutral but obviously those who run this site have other ideas. I'm out .

P

Paranoid Android

Ponty":ltjzlh5s said:
oldage":ltjzlh5s said:
Ponty":ltjzlh5s said:
oldage":ltjzlh5s said:
JannerinCardiff":ltjzlh5s said:

I think that’s unfair bias I’m afraid.

If the same label were applied to other regular posters who only articulate negativity, or their repeated adoration for a player or certain ex managers, then I’d have been happy to not defend Oldage on this occasion, if he were an exception to the rule.

Clearly he’s not.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Paranoid Android":2wwlprei said:
Ponty":2wwlprei said:
oldage":2wwlprei said:
Ponty":2wwlprei said:
oldage":2wwlprei said:
JannerinCardiff":2wwlprei said:

If the same label were applied to other regular posters who only articulate negativity, or their repeated adoration for a player or certain ex managers, then I’d have been happy to not defend Oldage on this occasion, if he were an exception to the rule.

Clearly he’s not.

There have been other posters who have been warned, some publicly, some privately. One unfortunately wouldn't listen to requests so was removed from posting.
So I'm afraid your views don't add up.

P

Paranoid Android

[/quote]
See later post! Others are interested in my comments.You can just ignore them.Incidently I am not the only poster with misgivings about Mayor[/quote]

Others may have reservations about Danny Mayor but they don't fill every thread with it. You're becoming a troll and we don't allow that on here.[/quote]

Clearly he’s not.[/quote]

There have been other posters who have been warned, some publicly, some privately. One unfortunately wouldn't listen to requests so was removed from posting.
So I'm afraid your views don't add up.[/quote]

I don’t see the offence. We’re talking football not war and peace. My perspective.

Aug 5, 2016
Andy Maidenhead":244evs1g said:
If Mayor is willing to sign a contract based on his true worth these last 2 season's performances, then great.

If Lowe recommends to Hallett that Major should continue on his present ridiculously high basic salary..then best he disappears back up North.

You have no idea the details of Danny Mayor’s salary. Danny is a highly private person and I doubt he tells people in the supermarket what he is taking home.