• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
ping_g5":1kk1a19h said:
Not a rumour, at least not yet, but Jack Stephens has bought a house (and promptly knocked it down and rebuilt) just up the road from my parents on Whitsand Bay.....

What, a chalet?

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
I know Mullin has just scored 32 but his track record prior to this season is average, to say the least. We need at least 1 striker who has a proven track record of finding the net in League 1. Someone like Danny Hylton would be perfect.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
RKB":1cdraszu said:
I know Mullin has just scored 32 but his track record prior to this season is average, to say the least. We need at least 1 striker who has a proven track record of finding the net in League 1. Someone like Danny Hylton would be perfect.

Oh. Just checked Hylton's stats and he has only ever scored 8 goals in League 1, compared to over 100 in League 2! I did say someone like Hylton! :coat:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
RKB":860w36d7 said:

Great shout. Would love Danny Hylton :thumbup:

P

Paranoid Android

JannerinCardiff":3oza9udg said:
RKB":3oza9udg said:

Isn’t he 45 or something

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
RKB":2o011vvh said:

What was Ladapo’s scoring record before he signed for us? Not great as I don’t think.

To me 32 goals in 45 starts is terrific - if he could score half that in L1 it would still make him a very good goalscorer.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Paranoid Android":2sv7k4t1 said:
JannerinCardiff":2sv7k4t1 said:
RKB":2sv7k4t1 said:

Isn’t he 45 or something

He’s 32.

Apr 1, 2009
If Mullin is going to leave Cambridge there will obviously be a lot of clubs "interested" (a pretty vague word in itself). Why would he entertain coming to us? There's only one reason - money. Yet we need to prioritise using our, presumably limited, budget in signing a stack of defenders. We're not going to be the highest bidder. I can't remotely see this happening.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
JannerinCardiff":yy25pjbg said:
RKB":yy25pjbg said:

What was Ladapo’s scoring record before he signed for us? Not great as I don’t think.

To me 32 goals in 45 starts is terrific - if he could score half that in L1 it would still make him a very good goalscorer.
A bit like Jephcott then?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
As usual agents will use the names of random clubs with a degree of likelihood to negotiate a new deal for their charges. We may or may not be interested in the players. This one about Mullins feels like an agent trying to get the beat deal he can. I wouldn't expect him to do anything other than sign on again with Cambridge.

Likewise, the linking of Grant to Championship clubs could be a similar exercise. Whilst I like the player immensely and he's certainly had his best season for us, I can't see him holding down a regular slot in a Championship team wherever his best position is. Pay rise to be a squad back-up? At his age he should be wanting to play every game and he's not even certain of that in League 1.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
I see James Wilson has just been released by Ipswich. Experienced Centre back who has won a few honours during his career and originally from Bristol. Also just won Ipswich supporters player of the year even though only played half of season due to an injury. Just thought it might be a player we could be interested in.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Keyham Pilgrim":3qs6rzby said:
I see James Wilson has just been released by Ipswich. Experienced Centre back who has won a few honours during his career and originally from Bristol. Also just won Ipswich supporters player of the year even though only played half of season due to an injury. Just thought it might be a player we could be interested in.

A very good shout.
Ipswich fans are not happy he has been released.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Keyham Pilgrim":uhq1ewul said:

Good spot! And exactly the type of defender we need.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
A good player at League 1 level but is there a reason why the Player of the Year has been released relating to his injury?