Klaidi Lolos | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Klaidi Lolos

Apr 1, 2009
Steve Evans":276ggywx said:
klaidi is the best prospect since tyler harvey in my opinion,he has a natural goalscorers instinct.all the best klaidi really enjoyed watching you.

Better than Luke Jephcott, only a few months older, who has actually scored a few goals, and who was rated by your good self as a £10 million player?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
xmastree":1x2fce07 said:
Steve Evans":1x2fce07 said:
klaidi is the best prospect since tyler harvey in my opinion,he has a natural goalscorers instinct.all the best klaidi really enjoyed watching you.

Better than Luke Jephcott, only a few months older, who has actually scored a few goals, and who was rated by your good self as a £10 million player?
he is on a par with luke and tyler.

Jan 27, 2012
I think Lolos has been very hard done by- there have been no reserve games for him to prove himself. Its a big step up for a youth player to go from the training pitch straight into League One action. Even seasoned professionals struggle with that.

I think it would have been better for Argyle to have offered Lolos a short-term deal until Christmas so at least he gets a fair chace to show what he can do at reserve team level.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
I too am sorry to see Klaidi being released.Physically he has changed dramatically in the last year and that could see him ending up as quite an aerial threat, something which we sorely lack at present , just compare our team to the Gills. Good luck to him wherever he goes apart from up the A38.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Perhaps the reality of being outside the professional football bubble will make him get his head in the right place, if in fact that was what was wrong. Hope he goes on to do well at a suitable level, maybe a move to Greece so he can get back to the national squads. Certainly better than Harvey, Battle, Rooney and the others that have been lauded over the recent years but with 3 young strikers already signed on he had to be remarkable to get a look in which he clearly isn't.

Good luck, Klaidi.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
If Klaidi had been given this year to impress then you have to feel sorry for him as this has been the most unique season in many many ways that I have experienced in 55years of supporting Argyle.

Apr 1, 2009
It's a harsh business for youngsters isn't it.

I've had a feeling for a while that Lowe was unconvinced with Lolos and that it would end at this point. In recent months the opportunity has been there to give him more game time - none of our strikers have been on fire - but Lowe's not been tempted. Lowe's worked with the lad for 2 years and his mind is made up. Giving him another 6 months would just delay the inevitable.

It may not be fair, but sadly the world isn't fair, and football is certainly not an exception.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Mark Pedlar":2qtsvq70 said:
Perhaps the reality of being outside the professional football bubble will make him get his head in the right place, if in fact that was what was wrong. Hope he goes on to do well at a suitable level, maybe a move to Greece so he can get back to the national squads. Certainly better than Harvey, Battle, Rooney and the others that have been lauded over the recent years but with 3 young strikers already signed on he had to be remarkable to get a look in which he clearly isn't.

Good luck, Klaidi.
As you have mentioned him, I was one who considered that Alex Battle was a natural goal scorer. He scored a lot of goals as he progressed through the Academy and he was unlucky to be released before RL and Shuey arrived.
I understand that some thought that he did not work hard enough but his goal scoring record was better than those you mentioned and also Luke Jephcott.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
davie nine":2sxhblzx said:
Mark Pedlar":2sxhblzx said:

Good luck, Klaidi.
As you have mentioned him, I was one who considered that Alex Battle was a natural goal scorer. He scored a lot of goals as he progressed through the Academy and he was unlucky to be released before RL and Shuey arrived.
I understand that some thought that he did not work hard enough but his goal scoring record was better than those you mentioned and also Luke Jephcott.
And....?

The post is Alex was released, I saw a fair bit of Battle and Lolos groing up and I regarded Lolos the better prospect. Neither of them have been regarded as good enough by people far more qualified to judge than I am. The thread is about Klaidi.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Mark Pedlar":gsbvpjcw said:

Good luck, Klaidi.

This for me. I know he was developing during pandemic times, but sometimes that is 'how the cookie crumbles' in life. Many a top player failed to gain an English International cap because of WW11. It is the fickle nature of fate. If he has a real future in the game he should look to the origins of Jamie Vardy as a role model to emulate.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Quintrell_Green":3bf9qznx said:
Mark Pedlar":3bf9qznx said:

Good luck, Klaidi.

This for me. I know he was developing during pandemic times, but sometimes that is 'how the cookie crumbles' in life. Many a top player failed to gain an English International cap because of WW11. It is the fickle nature of fate. If he has a real future in the game he should look to the origins of Jamie Vardy as a role model to emulate.

He's going to need a long future in the game if he wants to develop after WW11 ;)

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Never really showed enough for me to suggest he'd ever be a League 1 player, unfortunately. I'd suggest he's Truro bound, which feels like his level - at least for now, maybe his development will take a big leap at some point. He doesn't have the raw physical attributes of an Isaac Vassell though, so maybe not.

Jul 6, 2011
He has tremendous close control and a powerful shot, I agree with others who have commented that he may come back to bite us. Frankly when Jephcott etal went off the boil I would have put Lolos in with Ennis and challenged him to do better, if he failed to impress, fair enough bye bye. As we all know 10 or 15 minutes here and there isn't enough even to warm up.
Over the years argyle have dumped a lot of talent, which I have to admit has angered me as they have then brought in useless replacements they amazingly play all season despite the performances. Just like this past season, playing a good game once a month is simply not good enough and when you have a forward line that plays good and a defence thats like a leaky old bucket, you just want to give up.
As far as Lolos goes, yep he will probably go amateur or league 2, but I think you will hear his name again.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Lobster":1kqufjxo said:
Quintrell_Green":1kqufjxo said:
Mark Pedlar":1kqufjxo said:

Good luck, Klaidi.

He's going to need a long future in the game if he wants to develop after WW11 ;)

:lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
briangreen":1yc78dc8 said:
Over the years argyle have dumped a lot of talent, which I have to admit has angered me as they have then brought in useless replacements they amazingly play all season despite the performances.

I must admit, I can't think of too many that Argyle have got badly wrong.

Isaac Vassell maybe... but he really turned it around and transformed physically after leaving us.