Klaidi Lolos | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Klaidi Lolos

Jul 6, 2011
Biggs":zg8u3y7n said:
briangreen":zg8u3y7n said:
Over the years argyle have dumped a lot of talent, which I have to admit has angered me as they have then brought in useless replacements they amazingly play all season despite the performances.

I must admit, I can't think of too many that Argyle have got badly wrong.

Isaac Vassell maybe... but he really turned it around and transformed physically after leaving us.

I saw one of his last games for argyle he was quite bulky, argyle definitely got that one wrong. You could throw in Ben Tozer, Ryan Leonard even Tyler Harvey who all gave up on argyle because of lack of opportunity.

May 28, 2019
David Friio's mate":3vi2704x said:
Never really showed enough for me to suggest he'd ever be a League 1 player, unfortunately. I'd suggest he's Truro bound, which feels like his level - at least for now, maybe his development will take a big leap at some point. He doesn't have the raw physical attributes of an Isaac Vassell though, so maybe not.
why truro bound, Lolos joined Argyle in 2017 on a youth apprenticeship, having previously been at Crystal Palace. He was scouted by Argyle academy director Kevin Hodges whilst he was on trial at Birmingham City.i feel he could go anywhere at truro level and above, unless he has a local girlfriend :greensmile:

Dec 30, 2020
Biggs":1zdtd4x7 said:
briangreen":1zdtd4x7 said:
Over the years argyle have dumped a lot of talent, which I have to admit has angered me as they have then brought in useless replacements they amazingly play all season despite the performances.

Isaac Vassell maybe... but he really turned it around and transformed physically after leaving us.

Ryan Leonard and Sean Morrison are with Championship clubs. Ben Tozer has had a very good career in league football.

That's at least 4 good players in the last decade or so that we failed to spot or nurture. There might be others I'm missing.

It's an absolutely pitiful record given how few players we have brought through over the same period. Lolos may end up in the amateur ranks, but I would say with our history it's no surprise that some people are questioning the decision to release him.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ted":35xb7ddz said:
Tozer and Morrison were poached not released?
If Wiki is to be believed:

Morrison joined his hometown club Plymouth Argyle in 2006, playing in the club's youth system for a year. However, he was released by Plymouth at the age of sixteen after being told by coaches that he "didn't use (his) size well enough.

Dec 30, 2020
Ted":370s5ftd said:
Tozer and Morrison were poached not released?

See interviews

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/warn ... -c2vb5ddtq
"At 16, he was released by Plymouth Argyle, his home-town club. To make it to the Premier League from there seemed impossible ā€” ā€œI thought that was my one chance and was devastatedā€, he says" (Morrison)

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... am-3339357
"Plymouth didnā€™t offer me a scholarship so I sought one elsewhere and when Swindon came in, Plymouth decided they might then offer me something, but my mind was made up." (Tozer)

Apr 1, 2009
greenpilled":2g4i083e said:
Biggs":2g4i083e said:
briangreen":2g4i083e said:

Ryan Leonard and Sean Morrison are with Championship clubs. Ben Tozer has had a very good career in league football.

That's at least 4 good players in the last decade or so that we failed to spot or nurture. There might be others I'm missing.

It's an absolutely pitiful record given how few players we have brought through over the same period. Lolos may end up in the amateur ranks, but I would say with our history it's no surprise that some people are questioning the decision to release him.

Think you're being a bit harsh with the "pitiful" bit, without discussing mitigating factors. Admin played a huge part in decimating our youth structure 10 years ago, and it takes time to recover. The likes of Stephens, Gallagher and Walton were "stolen" from us. Leonard looks a mistake, but there's no certainty that he would have accepted a new contract in May 2011, bearing in mind we couldn't have offered him much due to being in Admin. Tozer has had a decent career, but it's been almost exclusively in L2. I don't see how Morrison and Tozer were released if never given scholarships.

That said, we've produced far too few players through our own Youth system for decades.

There's always a bit of gnashing of teeth when players like Lolos are released or don't sign again. Harvey and Rooney, Jordan Copp, Alex Fletcher. Luke Young was a bit of a shock release, but his subsequent career has been Conference/National League, despite rumours at one time that Arsenal (I think) were interested! In truth, not many have come back to "bite us on the bum". Clubs of our size can't keep loads of youngsters for years in the hope that one or two might make it, although the top Prem clubs do precisely that.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Mark Pedlar":852pgf67 said:
davie nine":852pgf67 said:
Mark Pedlar":852pgf67 said:
Perhaps the reality of being outside the professional football bubble will make him get his head in the right place, if in fact that was what was wrong. Hope he goes on to do well at a suitable level, maybe a move to Greece so he can get back to the national squads. Certainly better than Harvey, Battle, Rooney and the others that have been lauded over the recent years but with 3 young strikers already signed on he had to be remarkable to get a look in which he clearly isn't.

Good luck, Klaidi.
As you have mentioned him, I was one who considered that Alex Battle was a natural goal scorer. He scored a lot of goals as he progressed through the Academy and he was unlucky to be released before RL and Shuey arrived.
I understand that some thought that he did not work hard enough but his goal scoring record was better than those you mentioned and also Luke Jephcott.
And....?

The post is Alex was released, I saw a fair bit of Battle and Lolos groing up and I regarded Lolos the better prospect. Neither of them have been regarded as good enough by people far more qualified to judge than I am. The thread is about Klaidi.
Ok, neither of us are qualified to judge but we both have our opinions.
I watched Lolos a few times and I recall one youth cup match, the year after the Man City game, when Lolos was outstanding in the first half but disappeared in the second. I have seen nothing since to suggest that he would give 100% for 90 minutes.
I do think that Ryan Law could have been given a few opportunities in the first half of the season as his recent performances, since returning from Torquay, suggest that he is a better prospect than Adam Lewis.
He was on loan at Truro with Jephcott and I read that their supporters were very impressed with him as were the Torquay fans.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 25, 2016

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lowe was part of the Argyle under-18s team which beat Manchester City on penalties in the FA Youth Cup third round at Home Park in December 2017.

Lowey is bound to make mistakes, he's very young to be a manager! ;)

P

Paranoid Android

Ability Yes, Application No.

Go and prove us wrong Klaidi and good luck.

Aug 5, 2016
Lolos isn't much younger than Niall Ennis.

No point in keeping all this driftwood hanging around the club every season. If he isn't good enough now then why keep these youngsters around, wasting their time and ours. He has had chances this season. We could be getting in subs who do make a difference.

Oct 31, 2015
I think they are good comments by RL and truthful by the manager.

I hope this young man does well and it's good to see the manager trying to help

Jul 28, 2020
Great credit to Ryan Lowe for clarifying this decision, and whilst I realise that itā€™s not always easy to make calls about young players, nonetheless what he says doesnā€™t chime for me.

ā€œHe can be the best player in the national league if he really wants to be...ā€

But arenā€™t the best players in the national league ( especially young ones) exactly the type of players we should be targeting to join the club ? Eg. Dwight Marshall, and Jamal Lowe at Pompey more recently....

Kabonga Tshimanga ( Boreham Wood ) is likely to be sold for potentially a six figure sim this summer, and his value will likely rise in line with his league experience after that .

Lolos could have been loaned out to Yeovil, Weymouth, Torquay next season- and I wonder why we didnā€™t do that ?

This seems to me to be a very strange decision, and the more I read about it .... the stranger it seems

May 8, 2011
rsp4":2tby1km4 said:
I think they are good comments by RL and truthful by the manager.

I hope this young man does well and it's good to see the manager trying to help

Having watched Lolos play in a lot of games during his Argyle career I wouldnā€™t agree with Loweā€™s comments that he isnā€™t a natural goal scorer.
Perhaps as Lowe suggests the current formation used doesnā€™t suit him, a fate I fear could also fall on Randell.