Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 11 May | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 11 May

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Mike Charlick":2c4oh7qd said:
djg145":2c4oh7qd said:
How come 400 ST were sold to NEW APPLICANTS?

Have you changed the system where by last ST holders have the first 'early bird' tickets?

What's the problem?

It's a good question.

djg has already said he won't be renewing his ST due to the FCFS policy used in relation to COVID so no idea why he's bothered.

Dec 3, 2005
xmastree":uplyl21j said:
djg145":uplyl21j said:

Have you changed the system where by last ST holders have the first 'early bird' tickets?

Why does it matter at what stage new applicants are allowed to buy? As you, and presumably others, have decided not to renew, the Club has every right to seek new ST holders.

You are right of course it as nothing to do with me, after 55 years of supporting the Club.

But some like HCGreen points out, those 400 new applicants will be taking priority over those who are renewing from last season. IF this easing of lockdown goes wrong.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
:tumbleweed:
djg145":3pvxs3g4 said:
xmastree":3pvxs3g4 said:
djg145":3pvxs3g4 said:

Why does it matter at what stage new applicants are allowed to buy? As you, and presumably others, have decided not to renew, the Club has every right to seek new ST holders.

You are right of course it as nothing to do with me, after 55 years of supporting the Club.

But some like HCGreen points out, those 400 new applicants will be taking priority over those who are renewing from last season. IF this easing of lockdown goes wrong.
Don't panic Dave, HC Green is just giving the pot a little stir, as he likes to every now and then.

Hopefully, there will be no restrictions come August whether you are a ST holder or not and we will all get in. But if there are, the club has stated that there will be a rotation system.

So if you get in for the first game, you might not get in for the second, as should be the case anyway. So no real advantage or disadvantage either way.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I think that it is reasonable that, if there are restrictions, EVERYONE who has bought season tickets should be included in whatever system is operated to allocate.
I would have no objection to someone who did not get a discount being included in the allocation procedure.
In fact, as I was a FCFS in 20/21, I would be happy to be excluded.
I have received my acknowledgment by having a much appreciated 20% discount.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
demportdave":8l0do788 said:
:tumbleweed:
djg145":8l0do788 said:
xmastree":8l0do788 said:
djg145":8l0do788 said:

Don't panic Dave, HC Green is just giving the pot a little stir, as he likes to every now and then.

Hopefully, there will be no restrictions come August whether you are a ST holder or not and we will all get in. But if there are, the club has stated that there will be a rotation system.

So if you get in for the first game, you might not get in for the second, as should be the case anyway. So no real advantage or disadvantage either way.

It's the old chucked your girlfriend argument isn't it! I don't want to go out with you anymore but if you start seeing someone else I'll be jealous and angry!

I'm happy to be in the mix with new ST holders. I welcome them.

We are equal but it cost me 20% less to be as equal as they are!!

As for HC Green; he'd be the go to man if I was interested in a ST for Morecambe FC.
His comments on Argyle under Lowey are too acidic for my litmus!! :shock: