Will it be Derby not Wycombe v Argyle next season? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will it be Derby not Wycombe v Argyle next season?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Ainsworth won't manage anywhere out of the South East. Palace, QPR, Reading, Millwall - teams like those.

Oh and I certainly wouldn't want him at HP.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've met the bloke three times, he's very personable and great to chat to.

The 'football' they play (when I've seen them) has been akin to anything Wesley can come up with.

Cheating to that level whether it's the manager, players or the board members, is not what I want football to be about.

As I've said, I don't need permission to not like a club, and I certainly don't like that lot.

If he came to Argyle, I'd give it a season, but like Pulis (would have been) I wouldn't renew for the season after I suspect.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think sometimes our judgement can be clouded a little by sticking up for our own team and often fans from the other team see things very differently. I have a friend who is a big Wycombe fan. He thinks Ainsworth is God and laughs at me when I relate the Plymouth fans' view of his club and manager. He throws back at me our goalkeeper feigning injury at their place and their view that it's sour grapes etc. I vaguely remember the goalkeeper incident but not the details.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mother of God and the wee donkey!! Their keeper is THE worst in English football history John!!! :lol:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
jerryatricjanner":8y9pozp0 said:
I think sometimes our judgement can be clouded a little by sticking up for our own team and often fans from the other team see things very differently. I have a friend who is a big Wycombe fan. He thinks Ainsworth is God and laughs at me when I relate the Plymouth fans' view of his club and manager. He throws back at me our goalkeeper feigning injury at their place and their view that it's sour grapes etc. I vaguely remember the goalkeeper incident but not the details.
And that's why your friend thinks the man's a God.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Of course it is as he has given them the best years in their club history. Likewise I am sure our fans would see him in the same light were we Wycombe fans.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
IJN":1h8yajgu said:
Mother of God and the wee donkey!! Their keeper is THE worst in English football history John!!! :lol:
He could well be Ian. It was about a year or more ago over a lunch pre covid that I was chatting with him as Wycombe led League 1 for a while and his view was very different from mine and he was genuinely surprised that Argyle fans felt like they did about his club and manager. He had an account of something one of our players did or didn't do in a match at Wycombe that irked their fans and my hazy recollection is it was goalkeeper related. Just goes to show we can be inside our own bubble looking out and see things very differently from the opposition's fans. I'm pleased to read you might give him a year and haven't dismissed the thought completely but I can never see him being our manager.