R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
greensalt":3tj2poxt said:
davie nine":3tj2poxt said:
JannerinCardiff":3tj2poxt said:
RKB":3tj2poxt said:
Paranoid Android":3tj2poxt said:

Having spent a minute or so on there, let's have a first choice back 4 of Andre Wisdom, James Chester, Nathan Baker and Greg Cunningham please!!
Well, a boy can dream..
But a cheaper version of that would be perfect, and obviously more realistic.

James Chester would be ideal. Great ball playing centre half. Would fit Lowes style perfectly. :thumbup:
He’s an ‘old boy’ so he’ll know how to get here.

Didnt he play for us on loan in the televised match v Leicester when Mpenza got the winner ? we might have stayed up if he'd stayed fit and played till the end of the season;
I think Luggy suggested the Mpenza ‘stayed up’ for too long.

Aug 17, 2005
I see Oscar threshold has been released by Salford as a defender he liked to get forward so could fit into the wing back position and Edwards then go midfield defence

Jul 28, 2020
signalspast":2plimumy said:
I see Oscar threshold has been released by Salford as a defender he liked to get forward so could fit into the wing back position and Edwards then go midfield defence

Good player. Rated him as a RWB.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
signalspast":2lgx9ppw said:

I doubt whether his name is even in RL's little black book.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Quintrell_Green":g4o0rgi8 said:
signalspast":g4o0rgi8 said:

I doubt that his shadow will ever darken our threlkeld again! :cry:

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
That ship sailed some time ago. If he’s deemed surplus to requirements at League 2 Salford I think we should be looking elsewhere. Torquay on the other hand :think:

May 8, 2011
Pogleswoody":lutuah1z said:
Quintrell_Green":lutuah1z said:
signalspast":lutuah1z said:

Probably being reunited with a Mr Tanner amongst others.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Eoghan O'Connell , Rochdale captain , ball playing centre back , supposedly out of contract in the summer , played under RL at Bury may be a target .

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":19lmajup said:
Pogleswoody":19lmajup said:
Quintrell_Green":19lmajup said:
signalspast":19lmajup said:

Probably being reunited with a Mr Tanner amongst others.
I'd be very surprised if Oscar dropped into non league.

Sep 25, 2010
I think I read somewhere, that Jordan Graham, had been released from GIllingham, he literally tore us apart at Home Park in December,

Would be a good signing.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
DartingtonPilgrim":16iapd6n said:
Eoghan O'Connell , Rochdale captain , ball playing centre back , supposedly out of contract in the summer , played under RL at Bury may be a target .
With respect, a "ball-playing centre back" in a team just relegated to the 4th tier. Seriously?

Even the teams that won automatic promotion did not employ such a player. They had good defenders who were able to win the ball, then give it to more creative players.

Unless you have a near Championship budget, you are not going to find too many would-be Ronald Koeman's at League 1 level.

I hope the one lesson Lowe has learned is that we will never get out of this League with journeyman footballers or Premiership kids playing walking-pace sideways and backwards football that creates very little but often puts us in trouble, especially on the counter attack.

We need a solid back 4 with creative Midfielders sat in front. You can still play passing football, just not across the front of your own box when being pressed by 3 forwards.

Nov 2, 2004
I think if you are waiting for Lowe to play 442 a la Luggy you will be waiting a long time. He will persist with wing backs it is what he believes in. Hopefully he gets the right players.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
demportdave":1jf6py6m said:
DartingtonPilgrim":1jf6py6m said:
With respect, a "ball-playing centre back" in a team just relegated to the 4th tier. Seriously?

Even the teams that won automatic promotion did not employ such a player. They had good defenders who were able to win the ball, then give it to more creative players.

Unless you have a near Championship budget, you are not going to find too many would-be Ronald Koeman's at League 1 level.

I hope the one lesson Lowe has learned is that we will never get out of this League with journeyman footballers or Premiership kids playing walking-pace sideways and backwards football that creates very little but often puts us in trouble, especially on the counter attack.

We need a solid back 4 with creative Midfielders sat in front. You can still play passing football, just not across the front of your own box when being pressed by 3 forwards.

With respect demportdave , it's just a suggestion , O'Connell played for Lowe at Bury . Just because Rochdale were relegated it doesn't mean that all of their players are rubbish . However , don't worry I'm not in charge of recruitment .