• No

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 12.1%

• Total voters
Sep 22, 2020
so are the shares for sale:

-a new issue which will put money into the club for use by the club; or

-a sale of existing shares to put money into the existing shareholders pockets?

If the latter will the directors disclose how much they were bought for so that any potential investor can assess if they are seeking to profit. I am confident in the new era of transparency all will be revealed..

Not everything is as it may at first seem..

Feb 22, 2008
Lake District
slingsby_pobble":2saksjq6 said:
Steve Evans":2saksjq6 said:
really good read.very interested in buying shares.

Yep, me too. This isn't from the point of view of profit. It's more about helping the club. As an exile a season ticket is of no use to me, and apart from the occasional visits and some merch there's little I can contribute.

The pandemic's 'silver lining' for us has been the ability to watch every game on iFollow. And knowing that some of that £10 is finding its way back to the club. Hopefully the new Argyle app will be more profitable for the club.

Reading Simon Hallett's words brings home the 'bigger picture' and I feel better about the future and less willing to dwell on the recent past. I'd rather finish 18th knowing that we've got secure foundations, than finish 10th and not know where our next rent cheque is coming from.

Agree with all of this. Some on here have short memories!

Aug 17, 2005
Brechin Hedge":3s92ucyh said:

If the latter will the directors disclose how much they were bought for so that any potential investor can assess if they are seeking to profit. I am confident in the new era of transparency all will be revealed..

It will be a new issue. He stated that he would retain 75 per cent and to do that it would need to be a new issue. Consider that it's a way to raise funds for the club as he has stated that he will not be putting in any more sums

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Brechin Hedge":1vsfnvw3 said:

If I had that cynical attitude, I would not even bother to consider the offer.
Needless to say, I will be very interested to find out more and consider the offer depending on the minimum cost of purchasing some shares.

Brechin Hedge":jxr6t2hw said:

The share investment could only go into existing shareholders pockets if a dividend was declared. Highly unlikely. It would also be a new issue.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
mervyn":335pr90q said:
Brechin Hedge":335pr90q said:

The share investment could only go into existing shareholders pockets if a dividend was declared. Highly unlikely. It would also be a new issue.

You don't need dividends to do a share transfer (buying from an existing shareholder), also new shares cannot be used to pay dividends - you need profits to pay dividends.

BH though clearly is paranoid about something, but the glass isn't half empty!

Jul 12, 2016
DartingtonPilgrim":23u0iihg said:
oldage":23u0iihg said:
doozer":23u0iihg said:
oldage":23u0iihg said:
"Our football management team will continue to have our support even if results are weak for a short period. So long as they continue to learn "......
Wonder what SH considers to be a short period? When will he realise Lowe and Co are not learning?
Promotion then survival ..what a disastrous 2 seasons it’s been :lol: ....thank god we’ve got somebody level headed running our club
Time will tell.

What a wonderful example you are to the world oldage , why bother waking up with a sunny ☀️ positive outlook on life , when you can drag yourself from a miserable nights sleep to cast doom and gloom from under your big black cloud .
I am more cautious and realistic than you and with Lowe in charge can see little to get excited about.If you want to be happy clappy that's your choice but I do not understand why you need to have a go because I have a different opinion.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
oldage":3e21e736 said:
DartingtonPilgrim":3e21e736 said:
doozer":3e21e736 said:
"Our football management team will continue to have our support even if results are weak for a short period. So long as they continue to learn "......
Wonder what SH considers to be a short period? When will he realise Lowe and Co are not learning?
Promotion then survival ..what a disastrous 2 seasons it’s been :lol: ....thank god we’ve got somebody level headed running our club
Time will tell.

What a wonderful example you are to the world oldage , why bother waking up with a sunny ☀️ positive outlook on life , when you can drag yourself from a miserable nights sleep to cast doom and gloom from under your big black cloud .
I am more cautious and realistic than you and with Lowe in charge can see little to get excited about.If you want to be happy clappy that's your choice but I do not understand why you need to have a go because I have a different opinion.

Funny how people see the world so different, I don't care that you have a different opinion , everybody has one ,and feel free to label me happy clappy if you wish , but don't assume that you are more realistic ,you are being negative about something that hasn't happened yet ,I am quite content to see how things unfold in the coming weeks and months and feel confident that our Chairman will act if necessary , although I hope he doesn't have to as I believe RL will improve us in the coming season.
Keep Real

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Reflecting upon Leicester City's fantastic victory at Wembley, like many others I was struck by the unity of the Club from the owner downwards and how as a single club city the football club has not only embedded itself firmly within the community it serves but has become a beacon of what can be achieved without resorting to a self serving cartel like the European Super League.

The latest Chairman's Chat illustrates perfectly how far we have come whilst surviving the biggest threat to the future of EFL clubs in the history of the Football League in all its carnations. Sometimes when we are understandably focussing on the on pitch performance of the team and the ability of the of the Team Management to deliver results and performances we lose sight of the bigger picture.

Under Simon Hallett's guardianship (he rightly prefers this to ownership) we are financially stable with a genuine chance with prudency to achieve the elusive goal of true sustainability. We have a level of transparency from the Board that was not thought achievable. We have a stadium that meets modern standards and exceeds them in terms of the hospitality offer. The improved floodlighting is a welcome investment. Furthermore, it is capable of enlargement should our League position justify it. We have our own TV offer and a media presentation that is a quantum leap over previous seasons. Yes it is 'branding' but it uniquely encapsulates what the Club is about and promotes it remorsefully which is an essential prerequisite of communicating with the city and the region that the Club serves.

We also have training facilities that are a massive improvement, a pitch that stands comparison with any other and now an Academy set up that is worthy of the Club and promises long term dividends on the pitch and in terms of potential transfer income.

We have an amazing Argyle Community Trust https://argylecommunitytrust.co.uk/ that often goes inexplicably under the radar but is the epitome of the Club embedding itself within the community it serves. We have the Green Taverners who funded, with fans support, a superb supporter's facility that adds to and complements the hospitality offer. What a remarkable achievement that is and probably unparalleled elsewhere in the Football league.

All this brings me to the potential of a share offer. If the survey of supporters gives the Board confidence to proceed (and the Pasoti survey shows a 75% interest / support) then we will have the opportunity to own a share of our Club - much like the pre-2011 situation. It may be symbolic, it may not make a purchaser money but it will be a treasured possession of association and membership of the Club and something to hand down to future generations of Argyle fans. Hopefully, other benefits of share ownership will be part of the subscription and add to the attraction.

It may not be for everyone, but the potential of a share offer only serves to illustrate as (hopefully) explained above there is probably no better time to be an Argyle supporter. We should rejoice in that. I am really proud to be part of it and I can't wait for the start of the season and be back at Home Park with everything that stands for.

May 8, 2011
If shares are offered up for sale it would be interesting to know if the Club would welcome the formation of a Shareholders Association to represent and act on behalf of all the individual shareholders as happened before administration and whether they would be entitled to or offered a place on the Board.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
It's a personal view but being a supporter shareholder should not entitle anyone a seat on the Board. Such decisions should be based on merit, what the Board Member can add and possibly a financial investment. It would be impossible for one person or persons to represent the broad spectrum of supporter opinion let alone having to do it under the security of a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). I think Swansea still have such a position but at other clubs like Portsmouth and Wycombe ultimately it didn't. Fully supporter owned clubs like Exeter City are a different proposition.

More important is the level of communication and transparency and the opportunity for any supporter to directly scrutinise a Board member, such as at a Fans Forum. Next season, hopefully these events will in the public arena and not within the confines of a Zoom / YouTube event.

As I said, above, I view the shareholding offer more as a more symbolic involvement to feel 'part of the Club'. It should not result in a seat on the Board that would result in an inevitable compromise and ultimately disappointment for what such an individual could achieve.

Jan 27, 2012
The 'fans' are a collection of individuals, each with separate views. There is no single fan voice.

Having a nominated 'fan' on the board would add very little. I would want the boardroom to comprise individuals who have relevant skills or resources to offer- just being a fan is not enough in its own right.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
The Block 14 Shareholders Association is very much in the early stages of organisation, but there are several interested parties waiting for a further announcement.
We are not the PASB, that boat has sailed.
:cool:

jthep

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
I suspect I am one of quite a few who have emailed Simon on the possibilities of a share issue. I did the same with JB and PS before him - and have wanted to have a holding for as long as I can remember. For me it is simply about having a small stake play in the ownership of something that has been an important part of my life since my father took me to my first match on Boxing Day 1958. And ideally being able too pass it on to the next generation.

I would personally not want any nominee shareholder representing my views but everyone will have a different view - even if SH agreed to such a move. However to sit on a board as a director a service contract would have to be signed whether paid or not - and no director can legally pass information to shareholders unless all are updated at one and the same time. As someone has already stated an NDA would form a key part of the contract.

Personally I really hope the share issue takes place but it will involve the company in some effort and cost - creating an extended share register and communicating with shareholders on material matters. No doubt he will want to be confident on the likely value raised versus the effort involved. He will certainly not want several thousand shareholders investing £2.40 each - and I suspect there will be some sort of minimum investment involved.

As others have said the SH communications are like a breath of fresh air - and how I would love to see SH on the pitch celebrating playing success in the next year or so.