Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
davie nine":4iwt7b7r said:
I think that he will be given his chance in early season friendlies and I hope that he will surprise us. He has been playing consistently well all season against battle hardened, experienced players and he will have learnt a lot in the National League.
It didn’t take Ollie Watkins too long to adapt when he returned from Weston-Super-Mare to Exeter City and that was at a lower level.

In both senses Davie

Mar 14, 2009
I have more faith in Randall being an Argyle regular (from this point), than l do Jephcott.

If people cast their minds back to pre season last year l thought Law did particularly well. So a good pre,-season doesn’t often result in getting your chance as Law didn’t get his until we became very desperate and our season’s fate was virtually sealed.

Randall l've seen on a few occasions. Been impressed. With Jephcott l don’t see a league one player. I just don’t think he is either physical enough with back to goal or has the pace needed to get in behind. Where l might be wrong about Jephcott is because he comes alive in the penalty area. His intelligence in the box to get that half yard of space. He will need a good supply though from his team mates to excel.

Randall l think has a good passing range. He just seems to have something about him when he is on the ball. I’m more excited about his development if lm honest. I’m just worried he won’t get a long enough opportunity or run in the team next season.

May 8, 2011
davie nine":1qxn295d said:
I think that he will be given his chance in early season friendlies and I hope that he will surprise us. He has been playing consistently well all season against battle hardened, experienced players and he will have learnt a lot in the National League.
It didn’t take Ollie Watkins too long to adapt when he returned from Weston-Super-Mare to Exeter City and that was at a lower level.

I hope Argyle give Randell some time off as they are doing with Gillesphey as Randell will play his last match of a very long season on Sunday.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
HC Green":33brvxf9 said:
davie nine":33brvxf9 said:

I hope Argyle give Randell some time off as they are doing with Gillesphey as Randell will play his last match of a very long season on Sunday.

Do you think they will HC ?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
DartingtonPilgrim":po78jikj said:
HC Green":po78jikj said:
davie nine":po78jikj said:

Do you think they will HC ?
Randell will probably be around the rest of the squad fairly soon but I am sure that Ryan Lowe, John Lucas and Dave Galley will have already discussed with him how he should prepare and how much rest he needs by taking into account his extended playing season at Torquay.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Good luck to Adam and his Torquay team tomorrow against Hartlepool. BT Sport 1HD at 2pm. :)

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Keepitgreen":vq44c0vc said:
Good luck to Adam and his Torquay team tomorrow against Hartlepool. BT Sport 1HD at 2pm. :)

Fingers crossed they pull it off although Hartlepool are favourites

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
At the moment Torquay are being mugged by a bent referee, no one can be as bad as he's been. TWO perfectly good goals have been chalked off. :furious:

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
That was some game - Randell was excellent I thought. Baffling decision to take him off near the end when the full back looked a better choice.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Penlee":2g6tm65c said:
That was some game - Randell was excellent I thought. Baffling decision to take him off near the end when the full back looked a better choice.
couldn't agree more.when adam was subbed they lost their exit ball.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep from what I've seen he just hasn't been used well since the first half of the season.

Again, this is the 80s/90s solution to a diminutive ball-player... stick em out wide, and take them off when the going gets tough.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Biggs":f023ism7 said:
Yep from what I've seen he just hasn't been used well since the first half of the season.

Again, this is the 80s/90s solution to a diminutive ball-player... stick em out wide, and take them off when the going gets tough.

Whilst it’s not ideal, Randell will benefit from it a lot. Arsene Wenger regularly played young central midfielders in wide areas, as it improves there ability to play in tight spaces.

I watched the second half and thought Randell was tidy, if not spectacular, but Torquay played desperate hoof ball for most of the half which didn’t suit him at all. I know it was non-league but I cannot believe anyone would want Gary Johnson in charge here.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Nobby":2qzhpz9h said:
Biggs":2qzhpz9h said:

Whilst it’s not ideal, Randell will benefit from it a lot. Arsene Wenger regularly played young central midfielders in wide areas, as it improves there ability to play in tight spaces.

I watched the second half and thought Randell was tidy, if not spectacular, but Torquay played desperate hoof ball for most of the half which didn’t suit him at all. I know it was non-league but I cannot believe anyone would want Gary Johnson in charge here.

I saw a different game then I think. I thought for large parts of the game Torquay used the full width of the pitch and regularly worked good moves down the flanks getting some good balls into the box. They also demonstrated some good build up play on the edge of the box but their final decision making let them down in a number of cases. I thought the game was a great advert for the national league and both teams would look well at home in League Two.

Yes, towards the end of the 2nd half they moved to a more direct approach as I imagine many teams would when 1 down and a whole season on the brink. Their equalizer eventually came from a good ball into the box.

Dec 30, 2020
Nothing against Torquay but I'm glad they're staying down. The national league is a good level for our younger players going out on loan (providing Torquay want to take them) and more importantly, we should be looking to attract fans and players from that part of Devon to Argyle, the biggest club in the region. It becomes harder if they've got their own league club, only one division below us.

Re: Randell, the two division jump is not insignificant, but if we'd signed someone who'd been playing week-in week-out for a top 5 national league club I think we'd be expecting them to push for a first team place and hopefully he can do the same.