New Pasoti. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New Pasoti.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's not that far away now.

Loads of new stuff. As I've said image uploading will be really easy, you will have like, dislike, laugh, angry and poo 'reactions' to people's posts.

Dave Rowntree has supplied some lovely photos of our Championship crowds for Adam to use as a backdrop and I can tell you it looks a treat. Some of the Mods were a tad worried that it wouldn't look so Argyle as this site, but Adam's work has knocked that fear out of the park.

There will a few things that will mean it's a lot better to sign in than to keep signed out and this should also mean that a lot of the 'guests' we have at the moment will be registering with us to ensure they have a better viewing experience.

There will obviously be a few wrinkles to sort out, and the Mods will have to get used to all of the new buttons that operate behind the scenes but I am certainly a lot less stressed about it than I was a few weeks ago.

Ian De-Lar and Adam have been working away on the mobile version of the site and that too should be an exciting new venture for us.

JannerBanners will be created by Adam and will be shown in the signature for each poster, posters and members will be able to support the site on a monthly, 6 monthly and annual basis by donating to Pasoti Ltd (newly set up) and they will be tagged as a "Site Supporter" and enjoy discounts etc from a new raft (hopefully) of smaller type businesses who can sell there wares through our on site shop. We are also in discussion with PAFC about selling Argyle gear through Pasoti, which in turn will be an additional revenue stream, so we can continue to improve the website on a continual basis.

David Gadd has no longer anything to do with Pasoti, his business ventures made it almost impossible to continue and we decided it was best if he was to cut any ties with the site going forward. Ian De Lar (Posty) now Co Owns Pasoti with me. :clap:

We the Site Owners and the team of Moderators are dedicated to increasing the membership of the site, we know we have competition from all Social Media, but we intend to keep this site nasty free as possible, we will not allow any potentially libellous posts, we will not allow any bad language and we intend to moderate it so we can claim this site is still very much family friendly.

This move has been timed to coincide with the quietest month of the year and we hope that all the data and posts will transfer without a hitch. Although I have heard that avatars can cause a problem. But I'll personally look after those for 95% of you, but for those that have their own bespoke avatar, perhaps it's now a good time to ensure you have a copy, just in case they go 'missing'.

It's going to take a couple of weeks for all us to get used to what is about to happen, and we ask that you are patient. As I'm sure, despite all of the work put in in the last few weeks, there will be the odd hiccup along the way.

Snack Media are continuing as our advertising partners and they have been extremely helpful during this time. I have been ultra impressed with the way they have understood our members needs and although it must be slightly frustrating for them when we haul them back from all of the adverts they want us to display. As I have said in the past, we could earn an awful lot more from this site (and therefore PAFC) but we know what the vast majority of you want when reading Pasoti. Saying that, advertising needs have also changed and I'm also sure that you will see a different style of advert from now on. We can promise you though there will be no 'floaters' or 'chasers' that some sites annoy you with.

The site you are reading at the moment is 20th Century and the new will be very much 21st Century. When the button is pushed there can be no going back. <Gulp> :greensmile:

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Exciting news! Thanks for all the hard work!

I know I'm not the most regular poster on here, but I still visit the site daily, and I'm looking forward to the new changes!

COYG :scarf:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN...will the new PASOTI be free to all or will some areas need a subscription...

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Look forward to the re-vamp, sounds good. Thanks David Gadd for this this brilliant website , Ian for taking over the reins and continually striving to to improve it. Finally, congratulations to Posty on becoming co-owner.
Pasoti is in very good hands. :clap: :clap:

Jan 2, 2010
Is there going to be a launch party with drinks, a buffet, and celeb Argyle fans like Dawn, Josh and Woody?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good questions Phill, which I can't answer just yet, as something geeky needs doing first. So I would imagine 'sometime this week' is the best answer I can give.

Here's a little glimpse of the graphics though.

lBSTj6b.png

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The Doctor":2wbit903 said:
Interesting that you've chosen not to use the club colours... ;)

Ah but we have :scarf:

If Argyle don't want to, that's up to them :coat:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Biggs":3lsg0umh said:
The Doctor":3lsg0umh said:
Interesting that you've chosen not to use the club colours...

Ah but we have :scarf:

If Argyle don't want to, that's up to them :coat:

YTSOTI :angel:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
L G":3p3750t1 said:
What's the worst that can happen :lol:

We could lose Palace and Wednesday supporters...