Incoming James Bolton (Confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Incoming James Bolton (Confirmed)

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
DartingtonPilgrim":cb5t0qeo said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":cb5t0qeo said:
Looks like he can play CB but maybe cover RWB and give Edwards competition.

If Galloway signs too for LWB competition then we need to sort out the midfield. That holding midfielder is the key to Lowe’s system l feel.

Since we appear to be paying transfer fees I wonder if the holding midfielder may be someone like Ebou Adams who is in the last year of his contract , FGR have brought in 2-3 new midfielders this week.

Could possible be one of Emyr Huws, Louis Reed or Sean Goss? All holding midfielders out of contract this summer in L1.

Feb 9, 2021
LeonTheGreen":18lk3m6v said:
DartingtonPilgrim":18lk3m6v said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":18lk3m6v said:

If Galloway signs too for LWB competition then we need to sort out the midfield. That holding midfielder is the key to Lowe’s system l feel.

Since we appear to be paying transfer fees I wonder if the holding midfielder may be someone like Ebou Adams who is in the last year of his contract , FGR have brought in 2-3 new midfielders this week.

Could possible be one of Emyr Huws, Louis Reed or Sean Goss? All holding midfielders out of contract this summer in L1.
My source says its an ex pilgrims loanee we had in 2016 he scored for us in an away game once somewhere up north if I remember right.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Matt Green Army":k365trh8 said:
LeonTheGreen":k365trh8 said:
DartingtonPilgrim":k365trh8 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":k365trh8 said:

My source says its an ex pilgrims loanee we had in 2016 he scored for us in an away game once somewhere up north if I remember right.

Jordan Houghton and Hiram Boateng were both on loan in 2016 and both scored 1 goal , Houghton against Morecambe and Boateng against Crawley.

Jun 27, 2019
Houghton is currently a free agent and will be known to Neil Dewsnip from his time in the England youth setup. Plus he knows the club and city already.

He's played almost 200 games in League One and would be another good, solid addition.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Sounds like Houghton then.
Got to be honest, he didn't do much for me first time around. Bit Dominic Blizzardish. :D
Saying that, hes older and more experienced now so who knows...

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Metal_Green_Mickey":2jhwft4f said:
I am wondering how this all works.

I mean if we are asking these defenders to play out from the back, and it’s simply not their game, then l do wonder how this 3 ATB system will work.

People have said maybe less messing around and getting it forward quicker. However, for that to happen you need physical forwards and it doesn’t seem like Lowe’s style of play.

Maybe Lowe feels he can coach them to be better on the ball. I think this is where our biggest gamble is this season especially if teams press us.

To play 3 ATB you don’t necessarily need ball playing centre backs. You need wing backs, with big lungs, that can get up and back.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
You don't need ball playing centre backs, but it helps if they are comfortable on the ball. Anyway, the CB can give the ball to the number 4 or wing backs to distribute. It's not rocket science.

Jun 13, 2015
999mattyg":oc9rqjod said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":oc9rqjod said:
I am wondering how this all works.

I mean if we are asking these defenders to play out from the back, and it’s simply not their game, then l do wonder how this 3 ATB system will work.

People have said maybe less messing around and getting it forward quicker. However, for that to happen you need physical forwards and it doesn’t seem like Lowe’s style of play.

Maybe Lowe feels he can coach them to be better on the ball. I think this is where our biggest gamble is this season especially if teams press us.

To play 3 ATB you don’t necessarily need ball playing centre backs. You need wing backs, with big lungs, that can get up and back.

Totally agree, get the defenders to defend, pass the ball 15 yards FORWARD to others to create the style of play.

Oct 10, 2012
We haven’t signed any wing backs as of yet. I wonder if we’ll play a back 4 with Bolton/Edwards competing at right back.

We could easily play a diamond midfield and have two up top as normal.

Jun 27, 2019
Carlo":29opt2lv said:
We haven’t signed any wing backs as of yet. I wonder if we’ll play a back 4 with Bolton/Edwards competing at right back.

We could easily play a diamond midfield and have two up top as normal.

Pretty sure RL has already said we'll be playing three at the back again. With Byron Moore leaving we need cover at RWB so the signing of Bolton makes perfect sense - even more so because he can also play CB.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
monkeywrench":2sikagcx said:
You don't need ball playing centre backs, but it helps if they are comfortable on the ball. Anyway, the CB can give the ball to the number 4 or wing backs to distribute. It's not rocket science.

Totally agree with this… to be able to play it out from the back in a 3 man defence the middle CB only needs to play a simple short pass. The the left and right CB will need to occasionally bring the ball forward when there is space to run into but the key to playing it out from the back is the holding midfielder dropping in and looking for a pass from the defence to look to the more advanced players.