Charlton away (sold out) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Charlton away (sold out)

May 8, 2011
Yes it is a long way in the future but as this will be a popular away trip and people might be planning to book transport and accommodation, so just a note to say that weekend is an international weekend so there is a possibility of the match being moved for TV, or postponed due to international call ups.
Charltonā€™s game next weekend has been postponed as they have 3 players called up.
As the decision wonā€™t be made until the international squads are announced it will be a short notice postponement.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
HC Green":1oj9kts6 said:
Yes it is a long way in the future but as this will be a popular away trip and people might be planning to book transport and accommodation, so just a note to say that weekend is an international weekend so there is a possibility of the match being moved for TV, or postponed due to international call ups.
Charltonā€™s game next weekend has been postponed as they have 3 players called up.
As the decision wonā€™t be made until the international squads are announced it will be a short notice postponement.

hope so as I cant make that date !

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hope not iā€™m Flying out from Gatwick next morning! :greensmile:

Sep 13, 2003
Can't see how this would be beneficial to Charlton thus time of the year to call it off. It's not all first teamers who were called up and I'm sure Karl Robinson doesn't want a fixture backlog at the arse end of the season when going for promotion. Maybe it would help us if it's called off, depends what form the teams are in at the time.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Iā€™m in Kent that weekend so Iā€™m going to that one!

meetoo

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Ladies and gents... Help required please.
Would you know if there is any possibility of Charlton having to postpone this game due to them having players away on International duty?
Thank you....

Sep 19, 2015
Charlton have had both of there two league games postponed on International weekends so far this season so I am fully expecting the same to happen in March. Shame really as England play on the Friday and Amsterdam followed by London would have made some weekend of football.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
There's been three international breaks this season and they did play in the first one, but I do also fully expect our game to be called off.

meetoo

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
PlymouthCasual":2baqqhfd said:
Charlton have had both of there two league games postponed on International weekends so far this season so I am fully expecting the same to happen in March. Shame really as England play on the Friday and Amsterdam followed by London would have made some weekend of football.
Thanks PC my question is related to your observation... I'm going to Amsterdam on the Friday and staying in "town" for the Italy game. Perhaps I won't rush back from the Dam then.
Cheers!

Sep 19, 2015
meetoo":3hp4b4gh said:
PlymouthCasual":3hp4b4gh said:
Thanks PC my question is related to your observation... I'm going to Amsterdam on the Friday and staying in "town" for the Italy game. Perhaps I won't rush back from the Dam then.
Cheers!

No problem MT. We have planned the same trip but will have to stick with just the Dutch fixture by the looks of things and gamble that Argyle gets moved

A

ArgyleAndy

Going by Karl Robinson's previous quotes, I think whether this fixture goes ahead or not will come down to injuries:

"Thatā€™s a six-player swing, which we would be without if the game went ahead. I donā€™t like us not playing, I hated it last year and the fixture pile up caught us up but, on this occasion, we have to think about the end game."

Also Ezri Konsa, who is one of the players called up, could be off to the Prem in January anyway.

Oct 16, 2016
Good morning all, appreciate we are still some way off but has anybody any idea/ heard a rumour et al regarding the viability of the Charlton match on 24th March? I had heard that perhaps it would be postponed due to them having internationals in their squad? Sup-off-peak Ā£100 retur already, tut!!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I'd say there's a good chance of it being called off. Ezri Konsa and Jay Dasilva will probably be called up by the England youth set up and Josh Magennis with Northern Ireland would give them the three players they need. Mavididi could be called up by England too.

Hope it's on as I've already booked train tickets down there, but I reckon it will be off.

- Don't know if it's different down there, but Super Off-Peak returns are normally a set price and so won't go up or down. It's usually just advance tickets that are cheaper in advance.