FAO Derek - Quality NOT Quantity This Time | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

FAO Derek - Quality NOT Quantity This Time

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Having seen the difference made by Diago coming and Taylor returning please, please, please can you go for Quality not Quantity this time!!

May 8, 2011
Beyton_Green":1xtt05a0 said:
Having seen the difference made by Diago coming and Taylor returning please, please, please can you go for Quality not Quantity this time!!

If you want him to know your thoughts you need to either speak to him or write to him as he doesn’t read social media or even the Herald.

He is very approachable and is always ready to have a chat if you see him at Reserves or youth games or even in town when he is out and about.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
To be fair, and I agree some signings were disappointing, we needed quality AND quantity at the start of the season. Especially given our suspensions and injuries.

Jul 13, 2006
HC Green":1613n5lp said:
Beyton_Green":1613n5lp said:

If you want him to know your thoughts you need to either speak to him or write to him as he doesn’t read social media or even the Herald.

He is very approachable and is always ready to have a chat if you see him at Reserves or youth games or even in town when he is out and about.

How do you know anyone doesn't read social media?! I'd be surprised if he didn't.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
foreigner":3p2gbpd8 said:
HC Green":3p2gbpd8 said:
Beyton_Green":3p2gbpd8 said:

How do you know anyone doesn't read social media?! I'd be surprised if he didn't.

He said so on Facebook, Twitter, ATD and Exweb!

May 8, 2011
foreigner":24z1srbp said:
HC Green":24z1srbp said:
Beyton_Green":24z1srbp said:

Because he told me when I asked him.

Aug 5, 2016
Beyton_Green":3605aluf said:

So basically if you select two high earning players and compare them to others who aren't as good and on less money, you'd like more star players.

What profound insight! The irony is I'm sure Derek Adams agrees with you and would like more of the good ones too.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Knibbsworth":2a469yub said:
Beyton_Green":2a469yub said:

So basically if you select two high earning players and compare them to others who aren't as good and on less money, you'd like more star players.

What profound insight! The irony is I'm sure Derek Adams agrees with you and would like more of the good ones too.

That’s not exactly what he’s saying is it? What happened in the summer? Whilst waiting for Carey to sign we bought Lameiras as a replacement, it was only recently that they played together and as that was a long awaited success there was precious little insight was there. What Beyton is saying is instead of spunking money on players like Wylde and Ainsworth (who I like BTW but doesn’t suit the formation) that we replace quality with quality IF Toumani does (as expected) leaves.

I guess there’s no insight in saying we need at least 1 other striker that can play up front on his own Like......... that we signed in the summer.

Apr 29, 2016
It’s fine to say what we need,but it doesn’t say that that player is available, especially in a January transfer window. Think we all need to keep our fingers crossed that things go for us, as the desire and the money will be there but will the player be? Strikers,who are proven goal scorers, won’t be ten a penny that’s for certain!

Jan 27, 2012
Quality costs money so it depends what Brent and Hallett are prepared to give Adams. I said on another thread that if Argyle are to be fighting for a top 6 place in the future, we need more players of Carey and Taylor standard. We can't really be shopping for Motherwell and Exeter reserve players and expect to be aiming for promotion next season.

Aug 5, 2016
Ade the green":28qghgyt said:
Knibbsworth":28qghgyt said:
Beyton_Green":28qghgyt said:

That’s not exactly what he’s saying is it? What happened in the summer? Whilst waiting for Carey to sign we bought Lameiras as a replacement, it was only recently that they played together and as that was a long awaited success there was precious little insight was there. What Beyton is saying is instead of spunking money on players like Wylde and Ainsworth (who I like BTW but doesn’t suit the formation) that we replace quality with quality IF Toumani does (as expected) leaves.

I guess there’s no insight in saying we need at least 1 other striker that can play up front on his own Like......... that we signed in the summer.

Life is easy when you have hindsight. I have my own thoughts about Adams failures. Our striking options without Taylor being the main oversight. However he hasn't signed too many players, we have two per position.

If Carey, Grant and Jervis had been injured instead of McCormick, Threlkeld and Taylor, we'd have needed Wylde, Ainsworth and Lameiras. They'd have been starting or important subs. Lameiras is even pushing Grant out of the team now. That's what we want isn't it, competition for places?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Knibbsworth":2puv1y4s said:
Ade the green":2puv1y4s said:
Knibbsworth":2puv1y4s said:
Beyton_Green":2puv1y4s said:

Life is easy when you have hindsight. I have my own thoughts about Adams failures. Our striking options without Taylor being the main oversight. However he hasn't signed too many players, we have two per position.

If Carey, Grant and Jervis had been injured instead of McCormick, Threlkeld and Taylor, we'd have needed Wylde, Ainsworth and Lameiras. They'd have been starting or important subs. Lameiras is even pushing Grant out of the team now. That's what we want isn't it, competition for places?

Hindsight! Take a look at my posts. I knew this from preseason.

Aug 5, 2015
What’s the matter with Exeter reserve players? Apparently they’re much better at developing players than we are!