Letheren gets all clear to resume playing. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Letheren gets all clear to resume playing.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Once he's fully fit and had a few outings for the reserves I would expect him to only then be cover for Matthews. Now we've got Remi for the rest of the season I would expect him to be first choice barring any issues, with Letheren on the bench. Good news that he's now fully recovered, though.

G

greengiant1886

pedro91":21ay0sde said:
Have we seen the last of Luke between the sticks?
I have to say that I think so. As much of a servant that he has been, Matthews is a definite step up and Letheren was excellent when he came in for the 5 or so games he played.

Luke is also 34 and although this isn't ancient for a keeper, he makes far more mistakes than he did a couple of season's ago and I feel it has been obvious this season how important it is to have confidence in your keepers, we have been saved a fair amount by match-winning saves from KL, KR, RM and MC at least.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Are you suggesting that, until his injury, Luke hasn’t made match winning saves?
This conjecture may be right but I believe it is too soon to write Luke off at this stage.

G

greengiant1886

davie nine":1bqzb5hh said:
Are you suggesting that, until his injury, Luke hasn’t made match winning saves?
This conjecture may be right but I believe it is too soon to write Luke off at this stage.
Not at all, but you can't seriously tell me that he has been the best keeper out of those we have seen this season.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
It's all about competition for positions in the starting 11 - hopefully it'll make all the goalkeeper's up their game to be the No 1.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
greengiant1886":2l0e43ao said:
pedro91":2l0e43ao said:
Have we seen the last of Luke between the sticks?
I have to say that I think so. As much of a servant that he has been, Matthews is a definite step up and Letheren was excellent when he came in for the 5 or so games he played.

Luke is also 34 and although this isn't ancient for a keeper, he makes far more mistakes than he did a couple of season's ago and I feel it has been obvious this season how important it is to have confidence in your keepers, we have been saved a fair amount by match-winning saves from KL, KR, RM and MC at least.

Not that I'm saying McCormick was any better but this is Letherens record.

5 and a half games. 9 conceded. No clean sheets.

1 against Wigan
2 against Bristol Rovers
2 against Exeter
2 against Fleetwood
1 against Shrewsbury
1 against Blackburn

I don't think Letheren was "excellent"

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
We are never going to know just how good Cooper is until he is given the chance. Provided we are safe by the end of March andwith no realistic chance of the play-offs, then I think Cooper should be given a run of games in the first team. His 45 minutes at Blackburn was outstanding and from what I read of the reports on the FA Youth Cup games against City and Burnley, he played fantastically well in both.