Oldham tickets- £24 if you pay on the day | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Oldham tickets- £24 if you pay on the day

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Mine arrived yesterday and now I have it in my possession I have 2 questions.

First, have Oldham moved the away fans to what was the home end? The Chaddy End is stated on the ticket - maybe my memory playing tricks as we haven't been there for a while but thought it was the Rochdale Road end previously.

Secondly, ticket states £24. But including postage and fees I only paid Argyle £22.35 - not sure if it's £24 POTD but seems a big mark-up - is it £24 on the day?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Here you go. It does seem a big mark up:

Away fans are housed in the ZenOffice Stand (Chaddy Road End) at one end of the ground. This stand has a capacity of around 3,750 fans. This is the opposite end to where the away fans have been housed for many years and has caused some upset with some Oldham supporters, as this was always seen as the traditional 'Home' end.

Away Fans*
ZenOffice (Chadderton Road) Stand: Adults £20, OAP's £10, Under 16's £10

* Please note that these ticket prices are for those purchased before matchday. Tickets bought on the day of the game can cost up to £4 more per adult ticket and £2 extra, per concession ticket. Under 16's and Under 12's ticket prices remain unaffected..

Football Ground Guide

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Thanks KIG.

Looks like our fans should buy in advance. Wonder if there is a bigger mark up in our Division?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Interestingly as an Exile I contacted Oldham to ask could i collect tickets on the day as never got a response and nothing on PAFC website at time. They said I could buy at the cheaper price and collect on the day or pay £1 postage. I bouight direct from Oldham with £1 postage and no booking fees !

Argyle need to sort this booking fee bollocks out it makes it as cheap to pay on the day for exiles who cant collect there tickets

And yes my tickets are for the Chaddy end which is opposite where I have stood before ! I suspect its the crappest stand in the ground now the new one has been built

Aug 10, 2006
edengreen":3et8d0fd said:
Interestingly as an Exile I contacted Oldham to ask could i collect tickets on the day as never got a response and nothing on PAFC website at time. They said I could buy at the cheaper price and collect on the day or pay £1 postage. I bouight direct from Oldham with £1 postage and no booking fees !

Argyle need to sort this booking fee bollocks out it makes it as cheap to pay on the day for exiles who cant collect there tickets

And yes my tickets are for the Chaddy end which is opposite where I have stood before ! I suspect its the crappest stand in the ground now the new one has been built
it was the home end and there not happy about giving it up.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
cheshiregreen":1orf54lq said:
Mine arrived yesterday and now I have it in my possession I have 2 questions.

First, have Oldham moved the away fans to what was the home end? The Chaddy End is stated on the ticket - maybe my memory playing tricks as we haven't been there for a while but thought it was the Rochdale Road end previously.

Secondly, ticket states £24. But including postage and fees I only paid Argyle £22.35 - not sure if it's £24 POTD but seems a big mark-up - is it £24 on the day?

Got mine in person from ticket office and they charged me twenty quid a pop.

Oct 24, 2010
These fees have increased dramatically and are getting out of hand, Argyle now charge £3.85 to transfer a season ticket to another seat. I am bringing my partner to today's game and it is costing £26.20 in other words £5.20 in fees, if I had left it until today to buy the ticket it would have cost £28.20 with this ludicrous £3.00 surcharge for buying on the day of the match. I used to bring either my partner or my son to most games but rarely do anymore solely because of these fees. I resent paying them and I can't understand the club implementing this sort of deterrent to season ticket holders bringing someone with them to the game. The club will blame Ticketmaster but that is disingenuous because Ticketmaster didn't impose the deal on the club, the club would have have negotiated it.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
It is ridiculous. I live in Oldham and no way will the away end sell out therefore I will have to ask Argyle to send me tickets, of course incurring a cost. Dont mind postage but the charges are highway robbery, its only a stamp after all. I know there are admin charges but selling tickets has advantages for both teams.Posting an envelope takes up no more time than selling an over the counter ticket. Exiles by nature dont have many perks, posting tickets at cost price is one way they can do it.

As an aside I looked at buying something online from the shop, the cost of the item was £5, went to the checkout and postage was £6. I declined to make the purchase.

Jan 6, 2007
It's just another way of fleecing a couple more quid out of paying customers! Thankfully not all clubs do it, sadly Argyle feel the need to do it! How does it cost more to pay at the turnstile than it does to buy a ticket the day before?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
As the OP of this thread, I just came back to add that I was not criticising Argyle. Merely clarifying that Oldham charge £24 if you pay on the day but by buying in advance you pay less.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Tom Cobbley":37yscbp8 said:
It is ridiculous. I live in Oldham and no way will the away end sell out therefore I will have to ask Argyle to send me tickets, of course incurring a cost. Dont mind postage but the charges are highway robbery, its only a stamp after all. I know there are admin charges but selling tickets has advantages for both teams.Posting an envelope takes up no more time than selling an over the counter ticket. Exiles by nature dont have many perks, posting tickets at cost price is one way they can do it.

As an aside I looked at buying something online from the shop, the cost of the item was £5, went to the checkout and postage was £6. I declined to make the purchase.
Ring Oldham direct you can buy for £20 and pop down and pick up direct with no postage or pay an additional pound for postage this is what I've done I live in Yorkshire still cheaper than buying from argyle

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Mark Jenkin":ypvk77q8 said:
It's just another way of fleecing a couple more quid out of paying customers! Thankfully not all clubs do it, sadly Argyle feel the need to do it! How does it cost more to pay at the turnstile than it does to buy a ticket the day before?

I see it as an encouragement to buy before the day of the match to relieve resources leading up to kick off on the day. Turnstiles are not the best places to be handling thousands of pounds in cash. More and more people want to pay by card these days which can't be done around the stadium. It's a culture change but most football supporters have already done so.

Feb 24, 2008
May ring oldham athletic, Friday, going a bit last minute, be handy for mates to know if cheaper to pick up pre ordered tickets on the day.

May 16, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":8221f0fi said:
Mark Jenkin":8221f0fi said:

I see it as an encouragement to buy before the day of the match to relieve resources leading up to kick off on the day. Turnstiles are not the best places to be handling thousands of pounds in cash. More and more people want to pay by card these days which can't be done around the stadium. It's a culture change but most football supporters have already done so.

It's been in place for quite some time at Argyle too. My mate told me that in some more modern places you can even use your phone to pay for stuff as well as take pictures on it !!!

Whatever next I say.