Sokolik departs | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sokolik departs

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Thought it might end up like that.

Good luck to the lad, it simply didn't work out.

I saw a tackle he did at Wigan (it might have been Blackburn) and even Wottsy buried his head in his hands. I thought then that he didn't augur well for the lad.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Good luck to him and hopefully he finds a new club

Apr 19, 2008
Cornwall
Always liked the guy. Just couldn't make the step up to league 1 along with Wylde and Blissett. Credit to Adams for being able to move players on that weren't going to contribute for the rest of the season.

Jan 4, 2016
Somewhat disappointed. We're not exactly swimming in defensive cover & I thought he looked good enough for us last season to at least provide reliable cover in league one.

However I suppose it does get another non crucial player off the books, but now surely some sort of cover must be brought in?

All the best to him regardless

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
ealinggreen":2zcv0tdw said:
Quite a good exit window.Bliss,Chift key,Wylde and Sokolik gone.Good work.
Wage bill modestly trimmed added to that Toumbs wage I’d say we’ve got some real spare money should deals arise this window or next.

I’d guess we’ve still got a pot under the gaffers desk with some leftover shrapnel from Purrington deal and the Liverpool revenue. Added to that should the Jervis bid materialise

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Joseveth":2ktlyewd said:
Somewhat disappointed. We're not exactly swimming in defensive cover & I thought he looked good enough for us last season to at least provide reliable cover in league one.

However I suppose it does get another non crucial player off the books, but now surely some sort of cover must be brought in?

All the best to him regardless
I don't know how long Edwards will be out for (everything crossed for his sake (forget Argyle's) that it's not too long), but with him still on the books plus Bradley, Vyner, Songo'o and Sawyer capable of playing CB I'd say we were just about ok.

Good luck to Jakub - looked perfectly competent at League 2 level and I'd hope he'll get a club at that level.

Aug 5, 2016
Aaron D.":3j2zwpsg said:
ealinggreen":3j2zwpsg said:
Quite a good exit window.Bliss,Chift key,Wylde and Sokolik gone.Good work.
Yup, agree with those four, however we also lost Toums....

Most clubs judge their January windows by the ambitious signings they can bring in, not how many players they can boot out!!

Oct 31, 2015
Thanks and good luck Jakub. It never quite really worked out but thankyou for being part of the team that got us out of that awful division. Good luck in finding a club.