Move the family enclosure | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Move the family enclosure

May 4, 2015
The past few games I have attended (Oldham, Wigan, Wimbledon) some of the away fans have exchange hand gestures and verbals with the family enclosure.

It has to be the worst part of the ground to house it.

I know its been done to death before, but with the likes of Pompey and the Gas yet to visit home park surely a rethink is needed.

I agree that there is a place for it in a modern football stadium, but not there. Its only worked there due to our relatively low crowds of late, but if / when crowds start to exceed 12,000 we become faced with a dilemma.

Probably too late to do anything this season, but a serious rethink is needed for next season, especially if the unthinkable happens and we get promoted

Sep 28, 2003
London
No, I don't want a return of the worst of Zoo Corner.

Make the idiots who used to congregate there to swear at stewards, sing songs about people dying of cancer and generally pretend to be hard whilst never being in any actual danger mix with the fans who can behave themselves and maybe they'll think twice before acting like grade A knobheads (I'm aware that it was certainly was not everyone who sat there, before I get picked up on that).

If the away fans - surely just a handful of idiots - can't see that they're trying to "have a go" at a bunch of kids, we shouldn't have to legislate for such utter stupidity.

Nov 4, 2012
I'd get rid of it all together. I was raised in the Devonport End not the bloody family stand :facepalm:

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
PAFC94":3dk4tu6v said:
I'd get rid of it all together. I was raised in the Devonport End not the bloody family stand :facepalm:

Yeah, but judging from some of your recent posts I'm not so sure you are an example to follow

Nov 4, 2012
earl grey":2dah7a7u said:
PAFC94":2dah7a7u said:

Yeah, but judging from some of your recent posts I'm not so sure you are an example to follow

A season ticket holder for 16 years. No prouder Argyle fan than me.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Andy Holland":3o45mecq said:

Make the idiots who used to congregate there to swear at stewards, sing songs about people dying of cancer and generally pretend to be hard whilst never being in any actual danger mix with the fans who can behave themselves and maybe they'll think twice before acting like grade A knobheads (I'm aware that it was certainly was not everyone who sat there, before I get picked up on that).

If the away fans - surely just a handful of idiots - can't see that they're trying to "have a go" at a bunch of kids, we shouldn't have to legislate for such utter stupidity.

I used to sit in block 14 and as deplorable as some of their actions were, I never saw them verbally abuse an OAP deaf man for having the audacity to ask an obnoxious chap to sit down

Some people need to remember that their own poo stinks before complaining about the smell of others

Mar 8, 2016
If and when we get to the championship then it has to move. Imagine Leeds, Millwall, Cardiff fans only being five Seats wide of netting away from the family stand. It’s just not worth the hassle.

Sep 28, 2003
London
earl grey":4nuvgdoe said:
Andy Holland":4nuvgdoe said:

I used to sit in block 14 and as deplorable as some of their actions were, I never saw them verbally abuse an OAP deaf man for having the audacity to ask an obnoxious chap to sit down

Some people need to remember that their own poo stinks before complaining about the smell of others

I think you accused me of that once before and it became clear you were mistaking me for someone else and had your post deleted by the mods.

I'm sure you're happy enough to correct yourself now, though. :thumbup:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Sorry, but you're just wrong - I think you've got about as much idea of who I am as I do of you are, and I'm not just going to let a character defamation like that go.

Dec 28, 2010
The club have already made arrangements for those with season tickets in the family stand to be moved for the Bristol Rovers game. We had a phone call earlier this week.

I take my 6 year old and agree we probably need to move it elsewhere. Surely it makes sense to incorporate it in the new corner section between the grandstand and the Devonport? May make the club get a move on to develop the stage 2?

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
Tigersargyle":ueouiki4 said:
The club have already made arrangements for those with season tickets in the family stand to be moved for the Bristol Rovers game. We had a phone call earlier this week.

I take my 6 year old and agree we probably need to move it elsewhere. Surely it makes sense to incorporate it in the new corner section between the grandstand and the Devonport? May make the club get a move on to develop the stage 2?

I would move it into the Mayflower once that is seated again.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
What gets forgotten in each and every thread about this, is that it's facilities under the stand are used by both home and away fans. This is partly how the club are regarded as a family club.
Simply moving it to the Devonport is not an option for that to continue.
Once the ground is complete, I'm sure that it will be moved to the Mayflower corner.

tonsk