🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Depends on the state of your glass.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I think even the most pessimistic would struggle to suggest we could fall 14 places, dropping 14 points on everyone else in the league. I'm not even sure if it's mathematically possible for a combination of games to occur that put us in the relegation zone now.

Sure someone with more time of their hands could possibly work it out though...

Sep 25, 2010
Heathrow Green":3jarx6av said:
In the past few season 50 points has been enough.

Glass half full.
Hi Heathrow green,

Just something trivial, just arrived at premier inn Heathrow, for a flight tomorrow,

Sorry to be boring

Jan 27, 2012
I think three more points and almost certainly safe. This situation looked impossible just before Christmas, so what a turn around.

I still think the playoffs are a long-shot in reality as it’s a big ask for the team to keep up this form. But I’m keeping my fingers crossed nonetheless.

Whatever happens they need to keep the key players of this squad together. Adams is talking about the budget again in today’s Herald- I just hope we can compete with our League One rivals in the summer. Hopefully they can offer contracts now whilst the mood is boyant.

E

Electronic

gaspargomez":2z738s07 said:
I think three more points and almost certainly safe. This situation looked impossible just before Christmas, so what a turn around.

I still think the playoffs are a long-shot in reality as it’s a big ask for the team to keep up this form. But I’m keeping my fingers crossed nonetheless.

Whatever happens they need to keep the key players of this squad together. Adams is talking about the budget again in today’s Herald- I just hope we can compete with our League One rivals in the summer. Hopefully they can offer contracts now whilst the mood is boyant.

Come off it, there is zero chance of this side getting relegated...and we have as good a chance as any side going for 6th to get it. The games in hand are an irrelevance if we beat the teams around us. It’s in our hands.

Agree re: contracts. Sign ‘em up - this is a team with more than the sum of its parts (early noughties all over again)

Jan 27, 2012
Electronic":2wc4hgtx said:
Come off it, there is zero chance of this side getting relegated...and we have as good a chance as any side going for 6th to get it. The games in hand are an irrelevance if we beat the teams around us. It’s in our hands.

Agree re: contracts. Sign ‘em up - this is a team with more than the sum of its parts (early noughties all over again)

Did I say that Argyle are going to get relegated ?

The original poster asks how many points are necessary for survival- I reckon over 53 for a team to be safe.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
gaspargomez":3cdzwel0 said:
Electronic":3cdzwel0 said:

The original poster asks how many points are necessary for survival- I reckon over 53 for a team to be safe.

You said another 3 points required. So on that basis, yes you are implying we will go down if we do not get another 3 points. :)

Oct 31, 2015
Who would have thought on the 1st December 17 we would have had 50 points by mid Feb?!!!!!

What an absolute astonishing turn around and what a ride. I have not known a season like it

Apr 5, 2008
:scarf: Think we could be heading for the premiership this time next season

Dare to dream,why not :scarf:

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
I believe 50 points has been enough in 8/10 of the last seasons. 52 has been enough in 10/10. Given the way the league is this year. 50 will be enough. We are now safe.

Sep 6, 2006
Emu":vhfarcq7 said:
gaspargomez":vhfarcq7 said:
Electronic":vhfarcq7 said:

You said another 3 points required. So on that basis, yes you are implying we will go down if we do not get another 3 points. :)

But nowhere does he imply that we won't get the 3 points does he?

May 3, 2017
Yes I believe we have enough points already. The shackles are off and we can go go out and enjoy ourselves and see where it takes us. It would be an amazing story if we can get top 6,