Band wagon jumpers | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Band wagon jumpers

Jan 11, 2017
Ok all those that were scrambling for Liverpool tickets last season dig deep and help fill Home Park next week and let’s have a full house... cue Delia.. Let’s be havin you!!

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Cobalt 60":23shdpuh said:
Ok all those that were scrambling for Liverpool tickets last season dig deep and help fill Home Park next week and let’s have a full house... cue Delia.. Let’s be havin you!!
Not a chance mate, I’d love to think they all would, but Bradford’s not Liverpool! You might see them back if we make it to the playoffs. :scarf:

Jan 11, 2017
You are probably right but let’s see what the week brings.Awaitng the usual excuse of ‘can’t afford it ‘ but can find the loot for Wembley

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
There’s nothing wrong with fans jumping on the bandwagon. If any convert then great. Referring to ‘them’ as you have done isn’t going to help and only risks alienating them. Any fan of Argyle is a fan of Argyle. Simple as that.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
What a cheek, and what an unsavoury post. Coming from someone who has made just 13 posts on Pasoti! Is that the 'only' amount of games you've been to then, eh? Wind your neck in

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Cobalt 60":xji8prou said:
Probably been to more games than you Sir but that is not the point of the post

My point is, why make assumptions about why people can and cannot go to games regularly? You cite financial reasons, and that, to me, is absolutely genuine. What gives you the right to make these assumptions? All football clubs are built around the fan base, whether regular attendees or even once or twice a season attendees. All fans contribute in some way, so just let it be

Can’t stand that attitude. Everyone has different priorities in their life and different commitments. Some people choose to live and breath Argyle. Others are a bit more casual and will pick the games that excite them. No problem with that. It’s not ‘us and them’!

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
What's funny too, is that Cobalt created his/her account around the Liverpool games last season, and has only really commented around the 'big' matches. Just saying!

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Interesting post

I work in retail so work most weekends

However I get To between 8 to 10 Home games per season

Book my holiday and days off around Argyle

35 Years a Pilgrim

Looking forward to Bristol Rovers , Pompey , Rotherham & The Play Offs

COYGS

Oct 14, 2015
GreenArmy1984....I wouldn't say it's an interesting post personally. I'd say an unnecessary one hell bent on creating negativity and hostility between Argyle fans. I often wonder why so many topics on PASOTI end up in rows and insults between posters, this is a prime example of one such topic. Unnecessary and pointless thread IMO

Jan 3, 2013
GreenArmy1984":31kv4h4p said:
I remain postive as I have been all season

Exciting Times at Home Park on & off the field

Good Times Are Back

COYGs

How many times have you been this year then?
I welcome the casuals, they do indeed have other priorities, but you bang on and on, are constantly nauseatingly sugar coated ......yet don't even attend matches. THAT'S what gets my goat not the casuals who make no secret of the fact that Argo is not the most important thing in their life!

Mar 8, 2016
Welwyn Pilgrim":3rbdv1yc said:
GreenArmy1984....I wouldn't say it's an interesting post personally. I'd say an unnecessary one hell bent on creating negativity and hostility between Argyle fans. I often wonder why so many topics on PASOTI end up in rows and insults between posters, this is a prime example of one such topic. Unnecessary and pointless thread IMO

Totally agree with Welwyn on this, we want these fans turning up. Pointless trying to turn it into a negative.

Feb 2, 2007
GreenArmy1984":3t3n906r said:
Interesting post

I work in retail so work most weekends

However I get To between 8 to 10 Home games per season

Book my holiday and days off around Argyle

35 Years a Pilgrim

Looking forward to Bristol Rovers , Pompey , Rotherham & The Play Offs

COYGS

Same here. Every other weekend is work and with a young family and 100 mile trip to Plymouth everything needs to be in balance for me- time and finances. I’m proud we went to Shrewsbury and Rochdale at home when bottom and we enjoyed those games and the rebuilding, as much as the feel good of Charlton and the steadily improving ground out win against Walsall. We will be there next Saturday but won’t get to anymore than 8 home games each season and a couple of away for a while.

Don’t agree with having a go at those who boost attendances when successful. It’s a fact of life for sport, music and other cultural interests, a lot of people want “feel good” activities and I’m not going to judge them for that.