Betting and run-in form | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Betting and run-in form

Jonathan Bolton

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2011
It's interesting to see that the vast majority of bets made on teams to make the League One Play-offs have been placed on Argyle.

With 12 games to play and based on recent form using the last 10, 15, 20 and 25 games in each case we would finish in the play-offs.

Top 6 final placings based on the last 10 games:
1 Rotherham 93
2 Wigan 92
3 lackburn 91
4 Shrewsbury 87
5 Argyle 78
6 Charlton 72

Top 6 final placings based on the last 15 games:
1 Blackburn 94
2 Wigan 93
3 Rotherham 88
4 Shrewsbury 87
5 Argyle 76
6 Scunthorpe 73

Top 6 final placings based on the last 20 games:
1 Wigan 96
2 Blackburn 94
3 Shrewsbury 87
4 Rotherham 82
5 Scunthorpe 78
6 Argyle 76

Top 6 final placings based on the last 25 games:
1 Wigan 97
2 Blackburn 94
3 Shrewsbury 87
4 Rotherham 83
5 Scunthorpe 74
6 Argyle 72

In each case 50 points would be enough for safety.

The average points required for the play-offs in the last 10 seasons is 74 points.

Jul 12, 2004
The rise up the table has been phenomenal and, as an exile, I am getting complimented (as if I scored the goals!).
Tonight I am quizmaster at the Garden Gate and I will be milking the situation with a question about what river flows through Shrewsbury. So I don't exaggerate when was the last date we were actually bottom of the table?

Thanks in advance

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Bonzo":1jvvqxuy said:
The rise up the table has been phenomenal and, as an exile, I am getting complimented (as if I scored the goals!).
Tonight I am quizmaster at the Garden Gate and I will be milking the situation with a question about what river flows through Shrewsbury. So I don't exaggerate when was the last date we were actually bottom of the table?

Thanks in advance

Argyle were still bottom of League 1 following the Away defeat of 1 - 0 at Portsmouth on the 25th November 2017.
Then the next matches were EFL Trophy and FA Cup.

On Saturday 9th December 2017 at 2.59 pm, Argyle were still bottom of League 1.
However, come 5 o'clock, Argyle had beaten Gillingham 2 - 1 at Home Park and were up to 22nd in the table.

Hope this helps!

Source: Of course ....

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/gosdb-m ... =2017-12-9

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Enjoy Bonzo! I held a quiz ( for MNDA) on 3 February in which I “sneaked in” “ Which former Labour Party leader died, aged 96, in 2010 & was a lifelong supporter of Plymouth Argyle ?” ( extended by...2 Blackburn Rovers NIL..are there any Blackburn supporters here? ) & Yes! One hand ( meekly!) went up ! Yess!

Jul 12, 2004
Ray_Stidwell":v3xdg3dw said:
Enjoy Bonzo! I held a quiz ( for MNDA) on 3 February in which I “sneaked in” “ Which former Labour Party leader died, aged 96, in 2010 & was a lifelong supporter of Plymouth Argyle ?” ( extended by...2 Blackburn Rovers NIL..are there any Blackburn supporters here? ) & Yes! One hand ( meekly!) went up ! Yess!

The quiz went well. As I arrived someone asked whether there was a Plymouth question. When one explains that we have moved from bottom to a point and place off the play-offs in 14 games it seems even more extraordinary. Back to train again tomorrow with, hopefully, no engineering works. I did a quiz last week for BHF and did the story and at the end I was approached by a guy with a beaming smile and admitting he was an Argyle fan. The Mayor of Guildford spoilt it by commenting as he passed 'you're the other one then' but I find under the mimicry is a grudging admiration that not only is one a supporter of a non mainstream team but that I actually go to matches. As a teacher my students loved it and, when I occasionally see them, I get the 'still supporting Argyle?' comment.

Probably see you around. I am not going to Rochdale as we are away for a week but will be at Fleetwood, Charlton, Scunthorpe etc.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Glad it went well Bonzo ( does the M o G also imagined he’s as original as the thousand others I’ve heard coming up with that one!?)
See you at Fleetwood & Charlton; doubt that I’ll be free on Easter Monday, but will be at all the etc.!