Transfer Fees | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Transfer Fees

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
According to stats on Argyle site there were 950 players transfers registered last summer by EFL teams with 68% free transfers and 23% standard loans. So 91% of “signings” did not feature a “ transfer fee” ( all be it no doubt many of those involved signing on fees, loan fees etc).

A relevant statistic to remember when people are opining on Argyles signing track record and budgets?

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Very interesting stats, once again too much money in the top tier in my opinion.

Feb 17, 2012
The Muff
With standard contracts in leagues 1 and 2 typically being only 1 or 2 years max, there should always be a large choice of players available without needing to pay a fee for them.

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
KFA":3961a1db said:
According to stats on Argyle site there were 950 players transfers registered last summer by EFL teams with 68% free transfers and 23% standard loans. So 91% of “signings” did not feature a “ transfer fee” ( all be it no doubt many of those involved signing on fees, loan fees etc).

A relevant statistic to remember when people are opining on Argyles signing track record and budgets?

That makes 9% that WERE signed for a fee (86 players for those that struggle with percentages).

I've always been one to disagree with the willy-nilly spending of chairmen/managers/clubs seemingly for the sake of it. Unfortunately, if a section of our fan-base had their way, they'd have Mr. Brent bankrupting the club all over again because it shows 'support for the manager'.

Why spend vast amounts of money when really, there is no need to?

Jul 29, 2010
InterYerMam":16zplb6z said:
KFA":16zplb6z said:

That makes 9% that WERE signed for a fee (86 players for those that struggle with percentages).

I've always been one to disagree with the willy-nilly spending of chairmen/managers/clubs seemingly for the sake of it. Unfortunately, if a section of our fan-base had their way, they'd have Mr. Brent bankrupting the club all over again because it shows 'support for the manager'.

Why spend vast amounts of money when really, there is no need to?
Indeed, talking my language there.

The higher and better we get without wasting money on fees though, despite you'd of thought underlining the case for not doing so, the louder and more frequent the 'spend spend spend brigade' will call for investment :facepalm: