Supporter of the Year? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Supporter of the Year?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I note PAFC are holding a Supporter of the Year? competition again.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2018/february/whos-the-fan/

Not that I'm one to suggest anyone, but Roger Abbott (Abby) is suffering from Motor Neurone Disease and still manages to attend most home games and managed Pompeey last season, even though travelling any distance is now becoming more and more difficult for him.

Knowing Roger, he won't want sympathy, but perhaps this would be a great way of recognising his many, many years of home and away support and what he is now going through.

3F54A12200000578-4419120-image-a-65_1492458722788.jpg

His health is obviously deteriorating, he's now in a motorised wheelchair and he will attend until it's physically impossible.

Please take some time to vote for him? Thanks. :thumbs:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Likewise. I've just emailed his nomination.

C

Cult Of Personality

Yes as i fellow Block 14 fan would love to see Argyle do something for him. Get it done

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
My e-mail sent:
Hello

I would like to nominate Roger Abbott. His determination to attend whilst being in such a poor physical condition is a testament to him. The picture of him being held up by the Home Park crowd following our promotion is one that will live long in the memory.

Let’s #DoItForAbby

Leon

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
One of my best friends had this awful disease, it really is an awful thing to have diagnosed.

I have nominated Roger, as follows, via email

Hi I would like to nominate Roger Abbott please. Despite suffering from the debilitating, progressive, incurable motor neurone disease, his loyalty to (and support of) Argyle remains undimmed. He makes every effort to attend games despite the problems he is suffering from.

H

handbags blake

I have voted for Abby,please everybody do the same. This is the guy that not only wheelchair surfed on the pitch after promotion last year but was also credited with being Britain's oldest pitch invader when he went on the pitch with his zimmer frame after we beat Portsmouth in the play off semis the previous year.
VOTE ROGER ABBOTT