Standing | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Standing

Sep 17, 2017
There was an issue in the Devonport End block 3 today,

As far as I am led to believe someone refused to sit down when someone complained,

Stewards and safety officer took about 10-15 mins to sort the issue,

I stand to be corrected if that is not the case,

But aside,

The standing section in block 3 is slowly moving downward,

Itā€™s only a matter of time before my view will become impaired by standing fans,

I donā€™t want to stand all the time, Iā€™m happy to stand as action demands, but not all through the match,

Iā€™ve heard people say ā€˜if you donā€™t like it moveā€™ to other people !!!

I assume Iā€™ll get the same advice if I have a problem,

But Iā€™m not going to move Iā€™ve had this seat since the stand development and stood in the DE prior to that,

My only option is to complain if the person refuses to comply,

Just wondered what the PASATOI faithful would do if they were standing and another fan asked them to sit ????

Feb 2, 2007
I only stand if action demands it, if everyone is or to allow one of the early leavers, weak bladders or alcoholics to refresh themselves mid game. If asked and it wasnā€™t any of those scenarios, I would apologise profusely, sit down and go to confession tomorrow to expunge the guilt of spoiling your viewing experience.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I can understand that youā€™re entitled to call it ā€˜your seatā€™ considering how long youā€™ve been a season ticket holder for but, in my personal opinion, I think it is selfish to hamper the experience of the hundreds of people behind you who want to stand up. The Devonport End has been the most atmospheric part of the ground for the best part of five years now, youā€™ve had plenty of room to move elsewhere (even block 2, 4, 5 etc). But itā€™s your self-pride which is the issue here and I donā€™t blame that thought process outweighing the more sensible option of just moving. Thereā€™s 10,000 odds seats up Home Park, those 300 or so should rightfully be left to those who want to truly contribute to the atmosphere.

Sep 17, 2017
Fergy,

I donā€™t have a problem with those standing behind me,

Iā€™m exploring the possibility that one day the persons in front will also stand,

Thereā€™s more to it than that, young children, older people and some disabled do they all have swallow ā€˜their prideā€™ and move also ?

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
PilgrimZ1R":djbpoeim said:
Fergy,

I donā€™t have a problem with those standing behind me,

Iā€™m exploring the possibility that one day the persons in front will also stand,

Thereā€™s more to it than that, young children, older people and some disabled do they all have swallow ā€˜their prideā€™ and move also ?

Well, people who stand only can if the people behind (i.e you) also stand too. Iā€™m sure the entire block would to be honest. I understand your point but children and those with disabilities are special cases; although there are designated sections for them for a reason.

Sep 17, 2017
Letā€™s hope that the new phases of HP with safe standing areas arrive soonest.

Then everyoneā€™s a winner.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Plymouth Argyleā€™s Customer Charter 2017/18 states that standing or blocking gangways is not acceptable. So Pilgrim Z1R has a perfect right to call a steward if someone stands in front of him.

Dec 22, 2015
Evening, I stand next to the gentleman in block in question. Itā€™s not a complaint from another supporter as everyone who sits around us are friends and family and we have sat in these seats for the past 5 seasons.

The issue has arisen from the Liverpool game and some signs being out in place stopping my friend and the other people who sit directly behind the stone walls that houses the concourse. We have been told that we you are not allowed to stand at all behind this wall as the wall doesnā€™t meet H&S standards and is 30cm to short, currently the wall stands at 90cm and itā€™s needs to be 130cm to allow fans to stand safely. However when standing we have been simply told by the stewards to shimmy left and it wouldnā€™t be an issue.

Today this stance changed and the H&S Officer for the club came down to explain the situation and why we had to sit. The disagreement is that the person is question is an adult who is fully aware of the potential hazards from standing, he has been told by the H&S Officer, Stewartā€™s and the sign that he shouldnā€™t stand, but he feels the risk is minimal and wants to stand and support the boys but still is being told to sit.

The ultimatum is that he sits or the club will remove all the seats from these areas around the whole stadium and they will not be sold.... rather than put in a 30cm safety rail or have supports sign a waiver covering the clue from liability if he were to fall all of which has been suggested.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Fergy":c7hpsf6x said:
I can understand that youā€™re entitled to call it ā€˜your seatā€™ considering how long youā€™ve been a season ticket holder for but, in my personal opinion, I think it is selfish to hamper the experience of the hundreds of people behind you who want to stand up. The Devonport End has been the most atmospheric part of the ground for the best part of five years now, youā€™ve had plenty of room to move elsewhere (even block 2, 4, 5 etc). But itā€™s your self-pride which is the issue here and I donā€™t blame that thought process outweighing the more sensible option of just moving. Thereā€™s 10,000 odds seats up Home Park, those 300 or so should rightfully be left to those who want to truly contribute to the atmosphere.
Fergy, are you after the Cock of the Week banner?

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Keepitgreen":1gw2n399 said:
Fergy":1gw2n399 said:
Fergy, are you after the Cock of the Week banner?

The comment wouldnā€™t be applicable to any other block in the entire ground. But, go ahead.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ā›³ļø
šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Plymouth85Green":16cc5ki8 said:
Evening, I stand next to the gentleman in block in question. Itā€™s not a complaint from another supporter as everyone who sits around us are friends and family and we have sat in these seats for the past 5 seasons.

The issue has arisen from the Liverpool game and some signs being out in place stopping my friend and the other people who sit directly behind the stone walls that houses the concourse. We have been told that we you are not allowed to stand at all behind this wall as the wall doesnā€™t meet H&S standards and is 30cm to short, currently the wall stands at 90cm and itā€™s needs to be 130cm to allow fans to stand safely. However when standing we have been simply told by the stewards to shimmy left and it wouldnā€™t be an issue.

Today this stance changed and the H&S Officer for the club came down to explain the situation and why we had to sit. The disagreement is that the person is question is an adult who is fully aware of the potential hazards from standing, he has been told by the H&S Officer, Stewartā€™s and the sign that he shouldnā€™t stand, but he feels the risk is minimal and wants to stand and support the boys but still is being told to sit.

The ultimatum is that he sits or the club will remove all the seats from these areas around the whole stadium and they will not be sold.... rather than put in a 30cm safety rail or have supports sign a waiver covering the clue from liability if he were to fall all of which has been suggested.
Why should all those who sit behind the walls have to suffer or be moved because one A55hole wants to stand. The club should just ban those that are not willing to abide by the rules not punish those that are happy to comply, period.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
PilgrimZ1R":10js4ktg said:
Letā€™s hope that the new phases of HP with safe standing areas arrive soonest.

Then everyoneā€™s a winner.

Amen. Iā€™m not trying to cause any offence by the way, everybodyā€™s individual needs and preferences are different at the end of the day.

Dec 22, 2015
Argyle Nutter":6n8qcxcj said:
Plymouth85Green":6n8qcxcj said:

Why should all those who sit behind the walls have to suffer or be moved because one A55hole wants to stand. The club should just ban those that are not willing to abide by the rules not punish those that are happy to comply, period.

Why should people not stand to support the club when all the club need to doo is add a barrier or sign a waiver? If the club couldnā€™t be arsed to build the stadium to H&S regulation then thatā€™s not the fault of my friend itā€™s in fact the club!

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ā›³ļø
šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Plymouth85Green":3jaq038e said:
Argyle Nutter":3jaq038e said:
Plymouth85Green":3jaq038e said:

Why should people not stand to support the club when all the club need to doo is add a barrier or sign a waiver? If the club couldnā€™t be arsed to build the stadium to H&S regulation then thatā€™s not the fault of my friend itā€™s in fact the club!
Are you for real. The reason we have H&Sregulation is to protect idiots like you & yer mate hurting them selves because you are too thick to see the dangers for yourselves.