🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2qloas2z said:
Who the hell pays these people?
Sadly, our licence fee. Brent Pilnick of all people.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Yes 'Fake News'
I have sent the Beeb an e-mail asking them to correct the report by Brent Pillock sorry Pilnick!

Sep 2, 2015
Kingsbridge
When you talk of shoddy journalism, if you read the match report on the Argyle website there are at least half a dozen errors, surely as a journalist you would proof read it at least once before you published it. Not the end of the world i know but just not very professional when it's on our official site. Now, let me just read this back before i press 'submit' :lol:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":3t38zcrr said:
Unless it is your team, who ever remembers who were the runners-up?

It’s a journalist’s job to do their research.

robin

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 4, 2011
I understand the frustrations but I am more annoyed that I missed out on the Wembley win. Embarrassed to say that it didn’t even register we were playing that weekend.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
jarvo36":53klvtyb said:
When you talk of shoddy journalism, if you read the match report on the Argyle website there are at least half a dozen errors, surely as a journalist you would proof read it at least once before you published it. Not the end of the world i know but just not very professional when it's on our official site. Now, let me just read this back before i press 'submit' :lol:

Should have been a capital 'I' third from last word. Damn it you did so well. :greensmile:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":wa35r3n9 said:
jarvo36":wa35r3n9 said:

Should have been a capital 'I' third from last word. Damn it you did so well. :greensmile:
And a capital I needed after "end of the world". Whatever happened to proof reading. :lol:

Sep 2, 2015
Kingsbridge
Keepitgreen":36ad885b said:
IJN":36ad885b said:
jarvo36":36ad885b said:

And a capital I needed after "end of the world". Whatever happened to proof reading. :lol:[/quote]

I was asking for that :funny: just as well i'm not a journalist

Oct 31, 2015
Wembley? Last season? Blimey missed that trip. Oh well I will have to go this season to watch the mighty greens

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I’ve had work published and despite rigorous checking there is ALWAYS at least one small spelling or typographical error after publication no matter how hard you try to avoid them. Likewise, I don’t think I have ever read a book without spotting some kind of small error. Consequently, I wouldn’t be too hard on them for that type of issue, especially in something so rapid and ephemeral as a website news article. Getting established facts wrong is another thing altogether though.