• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wylde and Blissett

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Update from the gaffer in the Herald.

Confirms Wylde contracted to stay with us next season - that's a shock seeing we normally issue short contracts.

Wonder which other players contracted into 18/19. Carey and Cooper are I know - anybody else?

Blissett moving on permanently.

Sorry can someone link story for me. Cheers.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Be interesting to see if Wylde is actually in the manager’s plans. We could still try and fix him up with another club for next season as he hardly featured for us this season, and no more likely to next season, I’d have thought.

Feb 2, 2007
soccerpilgrim":84u591ph said:
Be interesting to see if Wylde is actually in the manager’s plans. We could still try and fix him up with another club for next season as he hardly featured for us this season, and no more likely to next season, I’d have thought.

His absence at Morecambe would suggest he is not. Unless he is on holiday of course.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":1nz1n2ce said:
Update from the gaffer in the Herald.

Confirms Wylde contracted to stay with us next season - that's a shock seeing we normally issue short contracts.

Wonder which other players contracted into 18/19. Carey and Cooper are I know - anybody else?

Blissett moving on permanently.

Sorry can someone link story for me. Cheers.
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... rm-1362767

Nov 18, 2011
I'd be amazed if Wylde is with us next season. I imagine we'll let another club take him off our hands for free or failing that mutually agree to terminate his contract early.

Feb 23, 2008
I'd like to see Wylde given a chance next season.

I still think he has something that none of the other players offer, which is raw pace, something that excites fans, worries defenders and gets us further up the pitch when under pressure.

Yeah the crossing is suspect at times but now we play with two number tens, have a very decent lone front man and attack teams rather than playing defensively all game what's to say this wouldn't suit Wylde better, slotting in for either Reuben or Carey in case of injury/loss of form etc.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
chunkymonkey78":i6xc3242 said:
I'd like to see Wylde given a chance next season.

I still think he has something that none of the other players offer, which is raw pace, something that excites fans, worries defenders and gets us further up the pitch when under pressure.

Yeah the crossing is suspect at times but now we play with two number tens, have a very decent lone front man and attack teams rather than playing defensively all game what's to say this wouldn't suit Wylde better, slotting in for either Reuben or Carey in case of injury/loss of form etc.

I agree - as long as hes not too expensive!

Jun 24, 2008
I quite like Wylde. I think the contract would've made sense in case we were relegated this season back to League 2. Would've been a key player, likewise it would be quite straightforward to move him on if he is no longer in plans via a free transfer. I'm sure there would be plenty of suiters for Wylde. Quite a classic winger who gives his all.

Jul 29, 2010
Oh sweet baby Jesus no, thought we'd seen the last of Gregg 'parking sensor' Wylde :facepalm:

Giving him, of all people, a two year deal last summer is like the mother of all yangs that single handedly offset the many 'wee gem of a signing' yings that DA makes.

Two years?, FFS :furious: