Seven restaurants at Home Park after redevelopment complete | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Seven restaurants at Home Park after redevelopment complete

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
First time I have seen an ariel view of what Home Park and HHP might look like once the development is completed. I have to say I do like the look of it, looks pretty impressive, and obviously this should be beneficial both to Argyle and the community as well.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I accept it will be a big development, but I do think the adjective 'prime' in over used. Drakes Circus could be designated as such. In relation to the city as a whole it is more secondary IMHO..... i also hear the word used in relation to a joint of beef.. It is very strange.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
When you're selling QG it's always 'prime'. :greensmile:

Jan 6, 2004
Given the new cinema complex, the number of empty units in the city centre, empty units in the RWY, I cannot think it is good planning to allow another set of chain restaurants to open up in Central Park - surely it is better to make sure existing areas for evening entertainment are thriving rather than create new ones.

Nov 12, 2003
Green_Flash":fs2hp7zs said:
Given the new cinema complex, the number of empty units in the city centre, empty units in the RWY, I cannot think it is good planning to allow another set of chain restaurants to open up in Central Park - surely it is better to make sure existing areas for evening entertainment are thriving rather than create new ones.

The commercial developments, including the hotel, are going to do a lot of damage to the city centre and the character of the park in my opinion. It was a weak decision by the Council. There are more appropriate places for this type of development. However, allowing the development was easiest thing for the Council to do as it would be wrongly percieved in the media as holding back Argyle and the city.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
So, the development is dependent on individual restaurants & hoteliers stumping up the cash! It’s like déjà vu all over again!
Couldn’t the architects come up with something other than the eyesore that is the ice rink & adjacent block. It’s so Plymouth though.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Green_Flash":4m9hln9h said:

I think the casualty of this development may be the Barbican Leisure Park. Competing against a city centre location and a parkland location, it's easily the least pleasant and least 'premium' albeit quite easy to get to by car.

With the ice rink, park and ride, hotel, football every other weekend, Life Centre, gym AND office space... I think there will be more than enough footfall to support 7 eateries at Home Park.