For the Grant bashers | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

For the Grant bashers

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreatYarmouthGreen":3464cctd said:
up_the_line":3464cctd said:
1. Who bought him?
2. Who played him and chose the formation?
3. Who funds the squad?

He wasn’t bought in for the position he played today. Impossible for him today as he’s not a forward that holds up play.

1. Who bought him?
2. Who played him chose the formation?
3. Who funds the squad?

I thought these would be easy

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
up_the_line":cs3pmsz7 said:
1. Who bought him?
3. Who funds the squad?

Just so I understand, you’re calling out Derek Adams and James Brent?

I have questions for you too.

Who is responsible for achieving a play-off final, promotion, and an exceptional first season back in League One that could still end in promotion?

Who funded signing the players that made that happen? Who selected and played them?

Who is responsible for year on year improvement under James Brent? Lady Luck? The boogeyman?

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
up_the_line":1jxkb5yl said:
1. Who bought him?
3. Who funds the squad?

Funny how we've not seen you on here for a while! :wave:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Biggs":3ob4q728 said:
up_the_line":3ob4q728 said:
1. Who bought him?
3. Who funds the squad?

Just so I understand, you’re calling out Derek Adams and James Brent?

I have questions for you too.

Who is responsible for achieving a play-off final, promotion, and an exceptional first season back in League One that could still end in promotion?

Who funded signing the players that made that happen? Who selected and played them?

Who is responsible for year on year improvement under James Brent? Lady Luck? The boogeyman?

Sorry, please answer the question if you want to reply
Heard a disgusting amount of abuse hurled at Grant today by fathead janners, yet none at the person who recruited him or the recruitment funder.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Both are wrong.

A decent player had a bad game in an alien position, because we had no other option.

What punishment do you deem suitable for Adams, for doing so? And for signing him?

May 16, 2016
To be fair, the OP has a point. It was Adams uzing Brents money that's got us into this terrible position.

The start of this Season showed us blatantly how poor we are and what problems the terrible mismanagement by Adams of the shockingly low Brent funded budget has caused.

The winning of all those games and going on a long unbeaten run from the depths of the bottom spots to bring us to within a whisker of the Play Offs has papered over the fact that this Team and Budget isn't good enough to progress in L1, let alone get into the top half after such a dreadful start.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Biggs":1bcbpjhr said:
Both are wrong.

A decent player had a bad game in an alien position, because we had no other option.

What punishment do you deem suitable for Adams, for doing so? And for signing him?

A. To extent I think Adams had his hands tied. But he really should see when it isn't going to work. I think he bought grant in as someone who could stretch play late on but now had to play him as a lone front man when clearly an elderly grandmother would have had as much joy from 2 big centre halves.

B. It now must be clear that the financing of the team goes as far as crocks (Church) or non leaguers (Blissett) in the most crucial area of the pitch. Big crowds. Liverpool cup ties and the Jervis sale but still apparently we can only take waifs and strays

Mar 14, 2009
I’m confused by the thread and what we trying to achieve.

But Adams brought in Grant. The same as he brought in Carey, Lameiras, Bradley, Fox, Sarcevic etc...

Adams played him. The same manager who has started to make the team play good football, especially at home since Christmas.

Who funds the squad? Fans like me who buy a season ticket and go to games whether they agree with the tactics of the manager or not.

You see URL, despite my annoyances with Adams, he has done more things right. I hope that he can build on this team and that he can make us even better to watch. I hope that he can add to the squad, give us more pace and energy and find alternative solutions to games.

This is our first season in league one. He has made mistakes. I’ve made mistakes in what l felt when watching Argyle. We are all human. Yet for the majority of his tenure we have been a successful football club. The football, until this season, hasn’t been brilliant but hopefully now Adams will look to build a great team that gets results but is good to watch. It’s not essential to play good football, as seen often by the reaction on PASOTI is good when we win and suicidal when we lose but to me it’s something ld like to happen.

Hopefully you will recognise the good job he has done for this football club.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Metal_Green_Mickey":i0t6dxb0 said:
I’m confused by the thread and what we trying to achieve.

But Adams brought in Grant. The same as he brought in Carey, Lameiras, Bradley, Fox, Sarcevic etc...

Adams played him. The same manager who has started to make the team play good football, especially at home since Christmas.

Who funds the squad? Fans like me who buy a season ticket and go to games whether they agree with the tactics of the manager or not.

You see URL, despite my annoyances with Adams, he has done more things right. I hope that he can build on this team and that he can make us even better to watch. I hope that he can add to the squad, give us more pace and energy and find alternative solutions to games.

This is our first season in league one. He has made mistakes. I’ve made mistakes in what l felt when watching Argyle. We are all human. Yet for the majority of his tenure we have been a successful football club. The football, until this season, hasn’t been brilliant but hopefully now Adams will look to build a great team that gets results but is good to watch. It’s not essential to play good football, as seen often by the reaction on PASOTI is good when we win and suicidal when we lose but to me it’s something ld like to happen.

Hopefully you will recognise the good job he has done for this football club.

Your funds, my funds, the jervis money, the increasing attendances but still only, £15k on a striker who now plays for Macclesfield and nothing on an (occasional) league 2 winger now expected to outplay 2 burly Centre halves

Feb 4, 2011
cornwall
How about gambling with Songo up front in the last 15minutes at least he would make it difficult for the opposing defence when the ball lumped up from the back.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
You’re familiar with the concept of injuries, UTL?

Both our target men are out, it’s rubbish luck but it happens.

Great post, Mickey.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Biggs":e2snesvv said:
You’re familiar with the concept of injuries, UTL?

Both our target men are out, it’s rubbish luck but it happens.

Great post, Mickey.

BOTH our target men?!!!
Please tell me you don't mean Simon I came here on crutches Church?! Because that is the exact point I'm making. Cheapo signings, ultimately failure