Unbelievable! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Unbelievable!

Sep 17, 2017
I can’t believe some of the rubbish I read on this forum,

After a dozen games this season I was resigned to us returning to the basement,

If we don’t win another game this season it’s still been a fantastic return,

For all those moaners grow up and get over it,

Slow steady improvement, we’re on the up.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Here here. Some Roddy misery guts kicking about.

It's only a game and after the season we've had we should all be glad to be guaranteed to not be relegated and to have had a good run to set us up nicely for next season.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Agreed. I think it's been a frustrating season in many ways but I'll be content with a tilt at reaching the play-offs.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
After paying to watch that rubbish today I still have to say that I 100% agree with the sentiments shown so far on this thread. Keep the faith, it all goes with the territory of following your club.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
With the exception of the Southend game, where the result still flattered us, we have been poor since early March.

Today was a repeat of Charlton away with Taylor so as I thought would happen with this lightweight squad we have run out of steam at the crucial time.

All clubs have injuries and bad luck during the season but we were not prepared for it because of the lack of activity in January.

I would of settled for 16th at the start of the season. By December I would of settled for 20th so if we end up 12th so be it.
Thinking we would win the play offs and go up to the Championship was only ever a pipe dream
#CASHOUTMAYHEM

Oct 14, 2015
Very bad performance and a huge disappointment but wouldn't swap where we are with those who following Torquay United tonight. Sad day for them and the club and puts our day into perspective..could spell the end of The Gulls

Jun 26, 2006
Same old Argyle. We always do well against the better teams but not so well against the struggling teams lower down in the league. Our luck has run out with injuries to the likes of Tayls just as we get to the last games of the season. Overall we've done exceptionally well and I think its too early for us to get into the Championship yet. We need to consolidate.

Jan 6, 2004
samjones":2zlglpca said:
With the exception of the Southend game, where the result still flattered us, we have been poor since early March.

Today was a repeat of Charlton away with Taylor so as I thought would happen with this lightweight squad we have run out of steam at the crucial time.

All clubs have injuries and bad luck during the season but we were not prepared for it because of the lack of activity in January.

I would have settled for 16th at the start of the season. By December I would have settled for 20th so if we end up 12th so be it.
Thinking we would win the play offs and go up to the Championship was only ever a pipe dream
#CASHOUTMAYHEM

Given your woeful record of predicting anything, this post has given some hope on a disappointing evening so thank you

Oct 31, 2015
PilgrimZ1R":1hxoywke said:
I can’t believe some of the rubbish I read on this forum,

After a dozen games this season I was resigned to us returning to the basement,

If we don’t win another game this season it’s still been a fantastic return,

For all those moaners grow up and get over it,

Slow steady improvement, we’re on the up.

Well said that man.

Come what may I am over the moon with this season and have enjoyed it more than last. Our football in 2018 has been brilliant for the most part. Unfortunately we have a really strong 1st 11 but are weak after that and the squad is pish.

Another season of improvement and money in the bank. DA will build on what we have im sure.

Get a grip people we were bottom in December

Oct 31, 2015
samjones":3a8fmilp said:

I would have settled for 16th at the start of the season. By December I would have settled for 20th so if we end up 12th so be it.
#CASHOUTMAYHEM

Fucks me get a grip. What dont you go and support Excretia. You have been trolling all season!!!!

Oct 16, 2016
It's interesting that hyperbole works in two ways, to simply laud the team is easier than to vent your spleen when they are poor. Forums are for exactly this purpose, discuss the shortcomings, discuss the players you do rate and those that perhaps you don’t do much. Pointless taking it to heart

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Shankster":32qoaovt said:
to simply laud the team is easier than to vent your spleen when they are poor.

Disagree with that. Rage and frustration are stronger emotions than contentment and rationality. Getting something disappointing off your chest is a stronger motivation than expressing your pleasure at the status quo (which recently has been Argyle winning consistently).

Likewise, to leap for conspiracy theories, label people as ‘disgraces’ and lose your rag when things don’t go your way is the easy, emotional, caveman instinct. The harder thing is to keep your head, see the big picture and recognise the superb position we’re in and the excellent job everyone at Argyle is doing... despite the raw hurt of one 5hit performance telling you otherwise.

Oct 16, 2016
Biggs":3cdfgw4b said:
Shankster":3cdfgw4b said:
to simply laud the team is easier than to vent your spleen when they are poor.

Disagree with that. Rage and frustration are stronger emotions than contentment and rationality. Getting something disappointing off your chest is a stronger motivation than expressing your pleasure at the status quo (which recently has been Argyle winning consistently).

Likewise, to leap for conspiracy theories, label people as ‘disgraces’ and lose your rag when things don’t go your way is the easy, emotional, caveman instinct. The harder thing is to keep your head, see the big picture and recognise the superb position we’re in and the excellent job everyone at Argyle is doing... despite the raw hurt of one 5hit performance telling you otherwise.

And there you have it, an opinion. A reasoned one