Our much vaunted away support | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Our much vaunted away support

Jan 6, 2004
Were as quiet as mice yesterday - even before we conceded - huge contrast with Pompey with similar numbers at HP. Combination of hot weather (didn’t really feel like a football day) and poor performance I suppose but our travelling support poor at picking up the team when not playing well - we just go silent (I include myself in that to be honest)

Dec 2, 2010
I agree yesterday was flat. Combination of sun, cider and sitting! We were in one of the front rows and had to sit to respect the people around us. I'm not getting into that debate again but it's just not physically possible to generate a good noise in such circs (other than out your arse!).

Having said that the team gave the fans nothing. It was a terrible performance. Northampton did to us what we did to teams when we were fighting to stay in the league.
Credit to the NTFC fans....they did the same.

Rochdale are in the same position. But they are feeling the pressure of games running out and have injuries and tired players. There'll be a smaller less vociferous home crowd, and a smaller more vociferous away crowd....Argyle need to turn it on, whoever is on the pitch, and remember the fans that have trekked hundreds of miles on a Tuesday night.

Jun 2, 2016
With Argyle it's the team that gets the fans going, not the other way around. Always has been.
Same with most clubs.

Oct 14, 2015
It's an awful view for the away supporters when their team are attacking the goal at the other end of the pitch. Not saying that was the reason the GA were quiet yesterday but I kept saying to my son that it's hard to see what's going on when we attack

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Welwyn Pilgrim":2qnd5h6g said:
It's an awful view for the away supporters when their team are attacking the goal at the other end of the pitch. Not saying that was the reason the GA were quiet yesterday but I kept saying to my son that it's hard to see what's going on when we attack

I've been to Northampton a couple of times and while it's only a small ground I don't remember the view from the away end being poor, certainly not as bad as for example Newport or E*e*e* City.

Sep 6, 2006
Welwyn Pilgrim":1z7sp5x8 said:

You mean we attacked the opposition goal first half?

Sep 13, 2003
Argyle used to make more noise in the Kevin Hodges era with only 400 away fans at any northern away game, regardless of the score.

Even in our promotion season last year, the atmosphere was flat as a pancake at most away games.

Feb 2, 2007
Big numbers when things aren’t going well are counter productive. Yeovil away last season a case on point.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Problem is both of those games, it was obvious from the kick off that the team weren't going to do anything.

What comes first?

Apr 5, 2008
Bradley apparently upset that fans were booing the team,what did he expect from that dire performance.