The fickle nature of Pasoti | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The fickle nature of Pasoti

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
12 months ago - I really hope we can survive League 1 - would be terrible to come back down to this sh*te.
7 months ago - Adams has lost it. Sendings off every week, too small a squad to cover for injuries. If we can stay up and survive in this division, I will never complain again.
5 months ago - Even beaten by Yeovil! Brent out, sack the board, Adams is lost at this level - get rid and find someone who can keep us up. Staying up is impossible.
4 months ago - Things are looking up a bit but we will never stay up, with players like Sarcevic and Ness. Poor signings by a poor manager. New manager needed.
3 months ago - Diagouraga is gone. Adams didn't do enough to keep him. We will fall to pieces now as he is the driving force of the team. Who have we got to replace him? Ness? Good grief. Brent's fault for not funding decent players. If we can finish in mid-table, I will never, ever complain again
2 months ago - Who needs Diagouraga! Ness and Sarcevic are a revelation. Which genius signed them. If we can get near the playoffs, I will never complain again.
1 month ago - Blimey, we are in the playoffs. Best form of any team in the country. If we can stay here until the end of the season, I will never, ever complain about anything.
1 week ago - Couldn't even beat Portsmouth. This is terrible.
Yesterday - Been beaten three times this year already. Disgusting. Adams, Brent and the Board must go. Promotion definately can't happen now (despite still being in the mix)

This is my 54th season watching Argyle. It's all happened before and it'll happen again. Enjoy the ups and suffer the downs because that's football and that's Argyle.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
... but our losing run has been stretched by yesterday's result to... 1!

If that's not good reason to act like the end of the world is nigh, I don't know what is...

Mar 14, 2009
I repeat part of what l said on another thread because l think it’s relevant to this one.....

People seem to think the way you write on PASOTI is the way you support Argyle. For me, I only use this place to share opinions. I don’t shout out during the match “Sawyer your too slow”. I get behind him and cheer him on to do well. Doesn’t matter what l think of any of them. When the Match is being played and lm at the game you get behind your team.

However, when the whistle goes that’s what surely this place is for. To digest everything. It’s just people think it’s like some attack on Argyle when you criticise them. People really need to stop taking opinions on Argyle so personally. It’s not YOUR team. It’s OURS.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nothing to do with Pasoti, if anything this site is way, way milder than other places.

Just seen some twaddle on Twitter claiming that JB doesn't want to lose £10 million by ending up in the Championship! :facepalm

Let's face it, you can't educate pork.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
If you look at other Argyle forums (Bar one which is only ever negative) and other football teams forums, it's usually exactly the same no matter which team.

Fans didn't like it when Derek said they are Fickle...He wasn't wrong though, most vocal fans are.

May 22, 2006
The nature of the internet is that people tend to become more active at times of strong negative emotion. What we're seeing isn't really fickleness - the vast majority of people on here are quite consistent. It's just different personnel. The "green tints" (I hate that term but we all know what it means so let's run with it) tend to disappear after a defeat because they know that the "brown tints" (I hate that term even more) will dominate the discussion. After a few wins the reverse is true - the brown tints have nothing to talk about and the green tints just want to remind everyone how great everything is.

It's not fickle but it is rather predictable. You can tell with reasonable certainty by 16:50 who's going to be online and what sort of mood they'll be in.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It’s human nature rather than Pasoti nature, isn’t it?

Swansea and Bournemouth fans will have moaned intensely and demanded sackings (Swansea certainly have) at various points this season, despite struggling in League Two not so long ago.

There’s a phrase for it, but once you reach a certain point of privilege you just take it for granted and find something new to complain about. There are billionaires going apoplectic right now because they can’t find the keys to their Lamborghini.

It’s annoying how so many people can’t step away and get some perspective. We’re doing very well, we’re on an upward curve on and off the pitch, there is obviously room for discussion at lost games but the attempts to hold people to account for ‘failures’ are ridiculous. And the conspiracy theories about not wanting to go up are moronic.

Jan 6, 2004
Anyone look at the Charlton forum before our game a few weeks ago? Utter dispondency, playing terribly, play off chances blown, unlikely to win another match, much like Pasoti today. Look at them now. Made me feel better anyway...

May 8, 2011
IJN":656kcpi7 said:
Nothing to do with Pasoti, if anything this site is way, way milder than other places.

Just seen some twaddle on Twitter claiming that JB doesn't want to lose £10 million by ending up in the Championship! :facepalm

Let's face it, you can't educate pork.

Can you just imagine how quickly Adams would be on the A38 out of Plymouth never to be seen again if he got told to lose a few games so as not to get promotion by the Directors.

We finished 8th under Sturrock in our first season in League 1, and that was considered a good season.

What has happened at and to Argyle this season was called ‘unprecedented’ by someone with decades of experience in professional football and to be where we are with everything that has been thrown at the Club is remarkable.

Adams must be totally physically and emotionally drained after what he has to deal with.

Whatever happens now it has been a fantastic if a bit of a roller coaster season.

Apr 5, 2008
Feel like a massive disappointment if we fail to make playoffs now,we had the momentum up untill Charlton game away

Now our away form has deserted us.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Human nature.

Robert Browning (not sure if he's been quoted on PASOTI before) once said "a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a Heaven for?"

So whatever we get we'll want more and won't be happy if we miss out.
Im still reminding my self that in August I said I'd be happy with 20th place this year :)

Jul 12, 2016
Nobody is suggesting that the directors told DA to lose a few games.
However they would probably give a huge sight of relief if we failed to achieve promotion this season because the timing isn't right for them.
Moreover the players know that very few of them would be playing in the Championship. The chance of promotion was highly unlikely in January which could be the reason it was decided not to strengthen the squad.Hope the team prove me wrong but IMO there is no great appetite for promotion this season.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I don’t think they would turn down any chance of promotion. Players and board.

The only true worry for the board would be getting in the playoffs, not going up and Adams being approached by other clubs.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Thing is oldage if we remain in League One and have a good season at the top end of the table, with a reduced capacity of around 13,000 we will lose quite a lot of revenue next season too.

So when will the "right" time occur?