Honesty re Northampton | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Honesty re Northampton

Oct 20, 2015
This is what the Green Tints can't understand. I recognise, as an Argyle fan, that losing is part of football. An inevitability given a run of games. What I don't understand is how a team can fail so comprehensively to play as a unit despite having done so previously for most of the season. It's not the defeat, it's the nature of the defeat - as Remi says, we "threw the towel in."

I would love to have been a fly on the wall at half time in away dressing room - what did DA say? He's quite an imposing character, I imagine he does 'rocket up the ar5e' quite well. However, it had little or no effect. So, they've 'had a little talk' afterwards (in the long coach ride home?) during which I would expect DA to distribute some uncomfortable home truths.

May 8, 2011
slingsby_pobble":2qqsyc5s said:
This is what the Green Tints can't understand. I recognise, as an Argyle fan, that losing is part of football. An inevitability given a run of games. What I don't understand is how a team can fail so comprehensively to play as a unit despite having done so previously for most of the season. It's not the defeat, it's the nature of the defeat - as Remi says, we "threw the towel in."

I would love to have been a fly on the wall at half time in away dressing room - what did DA say? He's quite an imposing character, I imagine he does 'rocket up the ar5e' quite well. However, it had little or no effect. So, they've 'had a little talk' afterwards (in the long coach ride home?) during which I would expect DA to distribute some uncomfortable home truths.

All teams in good form have an off game, if not how do you explain how easily we beat Blackburn this year and last year beat Exeter 3-0 when they were on a 14 game unbeaten run.

It’s football, things happen.

Aug 5, 2015
I don’t think you have to be any kind of tint to be a football supporter. If teams were able to win every time we’d have the Invicibles every season instead of every 100 years or so. Yes we lost. Yes we were crap. But we still have a chance albeit an outside one. We have a game in hand on Scunny and have to play them but we can’t afford anymore slip ups.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
The league position at this stage of the season doesn't lie in terms of quality of players but it doesn't necessary reflect the hunger and desire of teams.
Saying we threw the towel in is disappointing. Everyone is allowed an off day but for the whole team to not turn up and give up at this time of the season is not good.
Maybe they know RT is out for the rest of the season which has signalled game over to our run in and playoff hopes.

Even so no excuse for not even trying. We have gone from pole position to back of the grid in 1 game.
Wins at Northampton, Rochdale and Gillingham would of given us a real chance with anything else from Sunny and Rotherham making it almost certain.
Now it looks like we need to beat both Rotherham and Scunny to have any chance

Apr 9, 2011
When we don't turn up we REALLY don't turn up. sounds as if Saturday was as bad as Wembley in the play off final , that was embarrassing !

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
phil-thefluter24":21crp0aw said:
When we don't turn up we REALLY don't turn up. sounds as if Saturday was as bad as Wembley in the play off final , that was embarrassing !
I was at both and Saturday was much worse than Wembley IMHO. I'm finding it difficult to rememebr such a bad performance since our admin days.

Jul 12, 2016
Careful what you say! I have been lambasted on another topic,"the fickle nature of Pasoti "for saying similar. Seems its ok with some fans to throw in the towel!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Sounds like a second players meeting of the season. The last one worked a treat.

Hope to see good numbers at Spotland tomorrow.

May 8, 2011
Keepitgreen":38s24ozf said:
phil-thefluter24":38s24ozf said:
I was at both and Saturday was much worse than Wembley IMHO. I'm finding it difficult to rememebr such a bad performance since our admin days.

I can remember lots since 2011, one of the most recent being Carlisle away last season.

Apr 5, 2008
Looked like we were way off the pace in the game.Northamton looked way quicker all over the pitch,which is a worry.

Still only one game,and it’s good the next game has come around so fast so the players can amend quickly to the awful performance Saturday

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":2jhp6sha said:
Keepitgreen":2jhp6sha said:
phil-thefluter24":2jhp6sha said:

I can remember lots since 2011, one of the most recent being Carlisle away last season.
We had chances in the second half against Carlisle. We all see the game differently.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":k3o7iqyk said:
phil-thefluter24":k3o7iqyk said:

Bristol City away this season was worse than both games combined, we actually had attacks at Wembley and on Saturday.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
samjones":1h49xayj said:
The league position at this stage of the season doesn't lie in terms of quality of players but it doesn't necessary reflect the hunger and desire of teams.
Saying we threw the towel in is disappointing. Everyone is allowed an off day but for the whole team to not turn up and give up at this time of the season is not good.
Maybe they know RT is out for the rest of the season which has signalled game over to our run in and playoff hopes.

Even so no excuse for not even trying. We have gone from pole position to back of the grid in 1 game.
Wins at Northampton, Rochdale and Gillingham would have given us a real chance with anything else from Sunny and Rotherham making it almost certain.
Now it looks like we need to beat both Rotherham and Scunny to have any chance
Agree, it really is frustrating when people give up. Like the Relegation Nailed On remark someone made a few months ago.

May 16, 2016
I said it the other day that both Teams needed the win. Northampton wanted it, we expected it.

Not sure what tint that is but unfortunately, its football and it happens. Hopefully they've given each other the kick up the behind and focus they needed rather than the pre kick off obsession they had with fist bumping each other on Saturday.