The pirates of Plymouth Argyle | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The pirates of Plymouth Argyle

Jul 25, 2011
For anyone with a passing interest you may recall that about ten years ago Plymouth Argyle featured on the cover of VIZ magazine and had a full four page feature. I know it passed many by and had left the shelves before many had a chance to snap up this collectors item.
Well if you were one of those I have good news, VIZ currently have a summer special out titled (the big viz book of adventure) and the fabled Argyle story appears from page 192.
Well worth a read along with other classics like ( jack black and his faithful border bin liner) it’s a reet hoot!

Aug 10, 2006
with-menace":3rhws7h9 said:
For anyone with a passing interest you may recall that about ten years ago Plymouth Argyle featured on the cover of VIZ magazine and had a full four page feature. I know it passed many by and had left the shelves before many had a chance to snap up this collectors item.
Well if you were one of those I have good news, VIZ currently have a summer special out titled (the big viz book of adventure) and the fabled Argyle story appears from page 192.
Well worth a read along with other classics like ( jack black and his faithful border bin liner) it’s a reet hoot!
i have both and a lot of the older ones i used to love the fat sl..s, sid the sexist, buster gonad and billy the fish some of the adverts smoke tabs,drink beer classic, dare i say it was more of a northern sense of humour comic.

Oct 20, 2015
I love Viz, it's still funny, and I remember the Pirates of Plymouth Argyle fondly. A Cov-supporting mate of mine still insists on calling us 'Pirates' even though he's well aware we are Pilgrims; hope Cov beat Exeter this time next week...